Dan Green is back!!!!!

ww

Guru
JReb1 said:
Green can't be blamed if this moron took a dive. He's still the same great fighter and he shouldn't be getting discredited by anyone for something he had nothing to do with and NO control over!

But if he had nothing to do with it why was he on tv saying it was a legitimate KO? Maybe I missed something but it looked about as legitimate to me as did Cassius Clay's so-called wins over Liston.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I only saw on boxrec that Green won by KO in the first round. I watched the fight on Youtube yesterday and yes it looked fixed.

JReb1

Mentor
I doubt Green would fix a fight that he was easily going to win. There was a lot of money bet on Green winning by KO in the 1st round, I doubt Green had any idea and probably thought he hurt him with something previously and the guy quit. You see guys quit often when they're over-matched. We shouldn't be accusing Green of committing such a serious crime without any evidence he was involved of the alleged fix!
Edited by: JReb1

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JReb, Briggs went toe to toe twice with Tomasz Adamek. As good as Green is he's not on Adamek's level and Briggs is a very tough fighter.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Briggs looked in woeful shape. He had at least 15 pounds on his frame that could have been lost if he wasn't so fat when he hit training camp. It was either a tank job or he entered the fight with some injury or medical problem. I would favor the latter as he was too much of a warrior to go out that badly. Edited by: white is right

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Danny Green will be fighting BJ Flores in a few hours, for the IBO cruiserweight title. There will be a stream HERE in the morning starting at about 6 AM Eastern time.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

IBO cruiserweight champion Danny Green (31-3, 27 KOs) won a tactical twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten BJ Flores (24-1-1, 15 KOs) on Wednesday night at Challenge Stadium in Perth, Australia. Scores were 117-112, 118-110, 118-111.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
From Fightnews

IBO cruiserweight champion Danny Green (31-3, 27 KOs) won a tactical twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten BJ Flores (24-1-1, 15 KOs) on Wednesday night at Challenge Stadium in Perth, Australia. Scores were 117-112, 118-110, 118-111.

smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I missed the fight unfortunately. Parody posted the link this morning but after going to the gym I had quite a few things to do. From the scorecards it looks as if Danny won fairly easily. No wonder BJ Flores backed out of the fight with Adamek.

Guru
</span>Green forced retirement?</span></font>

<div id="line">
</span></font></div>

<div id="attachment_71820" ="wp-caption alignnone" style="width: 410px;">
dannygreen.jpg

By Ray Wheatley â€" World of Boxing</div>

Three time world champion Danny Green could be forced to retire â€" but
is happy to be alive after being "horrifically misdiagnosed"Â￾ by a West
Australian doctor. Green is in Perth's St John of God hospital after
undergoing emergency surgery to remove an abscess "the size of a
softball,"Â￾ which had gone undetected in his stomach for seven years.
"Could it all be over? Yeah, definitely,"Â￾ Green conceded. "What's
happened to me, it's all pretty crazy and no one is sure what recovery
I'll make. But I'm just relieved to be here, to know that I can still
play a role in my kids' lives. What if I had been in the Sydney to
Hobart yacht race as planned? Or out in the bush? If a few things had
gone differently over the past couple of days "¦ yeah, right now I could
be brown bread."Â￾ Green was impressive in defending the IBO cruiserweight
title against B.J Flores in a recent defense of the crown winning a
clear twelve round decision. Green is a former WBA light heavyweight
champion and a former WBC super middleweight interim champion.
</font>January 7th, 2011

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/green-forced-retirement-71817
</font>