Dan Green is back!!!!!

Westside

Hall of Famer
KP I can assure you if Duran came into the second like a man possessed in the first fight, the 1st time that Leonard tried to act like a clown and Duran hit him with that right hand like he did in 1st fight, the antics would have ceased. Duran was not focused in the second fight. He came in soft and thought his mere presence would defeat Leonard.

Combine this with a motivated Leonard and his antics caused Duran of all people to quit. If Duran was not "befuddled" he would not have quit and made me pissed at him until he crushed Junior middleweight champ Davey Moore two years later in 1983.

But this is just my opinion.

white is right

Hall of Famer
One backdrop to the story is Duran taunted Leonard before their first fight. He called him a maricon before their first fight at the final press conference. The scene was similar to Clubber Lang telling Rocky's wife who the real man was. By the way what is TNB?Edited by: white is right

Westside

Hall of Famer
WIS, I asked the same question several weeks ago. It means "typical negro behavior(TNB)" I like to subsitute the other N word, I feel its more appropriate.

Kaptain

Master
white is right said:
One backdrop to the story is Duran taunted Leonard before their first fight. He called him a maricon before their first fight at the final press conference. The scene was similar to Clubber Lang telling Rocky's wife who the real man was. By the way what is TNB?

That's called promoting the fight. Nearly every big fight had/has press conferences with name-calling. It's not the same as acting like a total buffoon inside the ring.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Hopkins-Green in Jeopardy?

Gary Shaw: Bernard Is Back Peddling

Earlier today Danny Green advisor Gary Shaw told Boxingtalk.com, "Bernard Hopkins said that he wants a 60-40 deal to fight Danny Green. At any rate, I spoke to Danny Green last night. Danny Green absolutely will not give Hopkins a 60-40 deal. When we were at Richard Schaefer's office over a week ago, we offered up a 50-50 deal and we've been waiting to hear the results for a while now. The first results we hear is coming from Bernard via a statement to the press that he wants a 60-40 deal. Danny Green called him yesterday and Hopkins told Danny Green that he went and got the money from HBO, which is not correct. Danny Green was with me when I spoke with Ross Greenburg and I put Danny on the phone Ross, so Danny knows everything I'm doing. Hopkins told Danny that he wants the HBO and gave Danny a wrong figure on what the HBO money is, as I had told Danny what the HBO number was prior to his call. Bernard said he wanted to keep all of the HBO money and split the rest 50-50. And Danny said, mate, that's not happening!

For the record, you had an interview with Bernard where he said I would be trying to break up the fight and that is absolutely incorrect as proven through my continual calls to Richard Schaefer as late as yesterday, and HBO and Danny Green, trying to make this fight and now Bernard takes a different stance altogether. Now I question whether or not it's Bernard trying to break up the fight or not wanting the fight, but it's absolutely not Gary Shaw. Danny Green knows that, HBO knows that and Greg Leon knows that."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Damn Popkins he always wants the larger share even though he's pushing 50. That's the same crap he pulled with Adamek because he knew he'd get his a-- kicked by another whiteboy.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Danny needs to stick to his guns on this. The only thing that will matter is the amount of money he makes on this. Other than the dough, he is in a no win situation. If he beats Bopkins, oh, you beat a 50 year old man, big deal you should have beat grandpa. If he loses, oh, you suck, you lost to Grady of Stanford and Son.

Green needs to get even money or more. If I was Green I would not fight Bopkins. Look how the boxing media still holds Pavlik's loss to Bopkins over his head every chance they get. Even though Pavlik was sick with the flu. Dan Raphael will assist to this, but the other media scum convineintly cover up this fact.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside, the only reason our fighters like Calzaghe, Adamek,Pavlik, and Green try to get fights with Hopkins because he sells tickets. Popkins is a fraud but is considered a "legend" by the media so anyone who fights him gets a nice payday. That's the reason Adamek stayed at heavyweight because the fight with Hopkins didn't materialize. Hopkins wanted more money but that's ridiculous because he is old and Adamek is young and entertaining. If the fight was held here at the Prudential center where alot of Adamek's fights are the crowd would be mostly Polish. We have a very heavily Polish populated area here in NJ and whenever Adamek fights the fans come in thousands. I was at the Adamek-Cunningham fight and I swear on my life there wasn't more than 20 fans in the stadium that were for Cunningham. Polish people and Europeans in general support there own. The energy at the fight was incredible. I will probably be there when he fights Estrada in February as well.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Westside

Hall of Famer
I know, that is why the reward has to be alot greater than the risk. Green has little to gain other than his purse. He needs to make that clear to Bopkins thick skull. Whats more the fight would be bigger down under than here. I find Bopkins fights boring and though a good/great fighter I wouldn't pay to see him ever.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Nard fights like he is playing the offense that Villanova used to beat Georgetown in the NCAA finals back around 85'. You have to be able to out work him and you will win. Also if he isn't stronger than you he can't maul you with wrestling holds like what he did Wright and Pavlik.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
Also if he isn't stronger than you he can't maul you with wrestling holds like what he did Wright and Pavlik.

That's why he almost always chooses opponents who have to move up from smaller weight divisions, so he'll be bigger and stronger when he holds. Hopkins first pro fight was at light heavyweight - he's a fairly big man.Edited by: Parody

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

Looks like Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. will meet after all, despite Jones' first round KO loss to Danny Green in Australia. Word is that April 17 is the date with Las Vegas the location.

I hear Green is in talks to face Antonio Tarver. Danny was supposed to face Tarver a few years ago on Showtime but he got a better offer to fight for a title.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Since Roy Jones and Bopkins are meeting, I hope Roy can turn back father time and put a beatdown on clown face Hopkins that night.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
From Fightnews:

IBO cruiserweight
champion Danny Green (29-3, 26 KOs) scored a third round KO over Manny
Siaca (22-7, 19 KOs) at Challenge Stadium in Perth on Wednesday night.
Green dropped Siaca in round two and finished him in the third. It was
Green's first bout since stopping Roy Jones Jr. last December. (More to
come)</font></font>

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Danny Green destroyed Paul Briggs in the first round today. Paul Briggs is a very tough fighter and this is an impressive win for Green.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Someone needs to get Danny boy a big name fight. Bernard Hopkins was too cowardly to step in the ring and get beat by a "white boy" (his words, not mine).

I'm thinking he could take Chad Dawson next.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Someone needs to get Danny boy a big name fight. Bernard Hopkins was too cowardly to step in the ring and get beat by a "white boy" (his words, not mine).

I'm thinking he could take Chad Dawson next.

Dawson won't take the fight. Since Green is from Australia and not an American he will use that as an excuse. Blacks don't want to fight Green because he's an extremely dangerous and powerful fighter who can change any fight with a single punch. Hopkins would hold the entire fight anyway.

ww

Guru
Well, it looks like the guy took a dive - and it looks like he went to the same acting school as Sonny Liston.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/briggs-29second-fiasco-has-bookies-fearing-a-fix-20100722-10ley.html

Edited by: ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
All I can say is if Green can do that to Briggs he can do the same to any fighter at light heavyweight or cruiserweight. Remember that Briggs gave Tomasz Adamek, whose easily a top 3 fighter at heavyweight and cruiserweight, a run for his money. He lost both fights to Adamek by MD. That right there speaks volumes about his skills in the ring. I wish Haye was still at cruiser so we could see Green vs. Haye. I would take Green by KO.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I didn't write that it was a right punch . I wrote that Briggs lost two very close fights to Adamek and then wrote " That right there speaks volumes about his skills in the ring. "

ww

Guru
Oh, sorry. As for Green, I thought he was sensational against Jones, but last night, that looked like Clay-Liston III to me.

JReb1

Mentor
Green can't be blamed if this moron took a dive. He's still the same great fighter and he shouldn't be getting discredited by anyone for something he had nothing to do with and NO control over!