Dan Green is back!!!!!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
After his fight, Hopkins was saying the ref shouldn't have stopped the Jones fight...making excuses so he can "getz paid" in a "superfight" between him & Boy YOnes. That was great to see Green take the victory.

Yep I mentioned that in an earlier post.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It seems like Roy Jones has been letting the fight stew in his mind and his evil alter ego RJ is telling him that he was cheated by Green. Here is what Fightnews has mentioned....Roy Jones Jr. is seeking to have his first round TKO loss to IBO cruiserweight champion Danny Green reversed. The Jones Camp is asking the NSW Combat Sports Authority to disqualify Green, alleging that Green's handwraps contained "an adhesive (polyamide substrate with latex coating) that allows the wrapping to be stretched and secured tightly with a hardening effect."Â￾ An appeal will also be made to the IBO. The Green Camp has already dismissed these allegations in a December 18 interview with Fightnews.com's Craig Watt. "I have heard these allegations and to be honest its just sour grapes,"Â￾ said Justin Manolikos the CEO of Green Machine Promotions. "Danny stopped him fair and square."Â￾ Green added, "I must have hit Roy harder than I had thought."Â￾

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I was curious about what Dan Green's Wikipedia entry says about his win over Roy Jones.

Not surprisingly, some idiot had tried to squeeze in a line about how Dan Green cheated and that the fight is headed for disqualification.

I removed the offensive statement, but I'm sure the same pinhead will be back to type his foolishness once again.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
I was curious about what Dan Green's Wikipedia entry says about his win over Roy Jones.

Not surprisingly, some idiot had tried to squeeze in a line about how Dan Green cheated and that the fight is headed for disqualification.

I removed the offensive statement, but I'm sure the same pinhead will be back to type his foolishness once again.

How did Green supposedly cheat and where did you see that?

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
white is right has a breakdown of the Jones camp's whining and crying above my post.

The statement on Wikipedia I removed said that Green cheated and the fight was under investigation for disqualification.

I generally don't care what is on Wikipedia, but I took the time once to remove the garbage some fool typed there.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thanks Van Slyke. I actually missed that comment. Looks like Roy Jones is a sore loser after all. He wants the decision reversed because this hurts his money making opportunities in the future. In his mind he knows he lost fair and square. The affletes never stop whining.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 your right the Jones camp is pushing this nonsense in a futile attempt to have the KO reversed / removed, so that he can have that big money rematch with that racist negro Bopkins. Bopkins is probably the mastermind behind this Tom foolery.

Jones knows he lost that fight and was on "queer street." No matter, I still respect Jones and his fighting ablitiy of the late 90s.

The funniest line is when Green says, "I must have hit Roy harder than I thought!"
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside Jones used PED's earlier in his career. Several posters mentioned it in a different thread. There is some evidence as well. After this crap talk I lost all respect for Jones.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 I have to go on proof. In my current career decisions are made soley on proof or what I can prove. Rumors, heresay or what people mention can not be the criteria to prove if Jones was on PEDs. There has to be proof.

Jones gave Super Joe full credit when Calzaghe smacked him around from ring post to ring post. He gave full credit to Green when knocked semi unconcious. He is doing this for money.

The other day while searching for the replay of the Pavlik v. Espino fight, I looked at Jones highlights from the mid 90s to his fight with John Ruiz and he was a great fighter, can not take that away from him, based on no proof he that he took PEDs.

Unlike the Bonds debacle, Bonds admitts to guzzling the "flaxseed oil" and using the "muscle lotion" which turned out to be PEDs. To my knowledge Jones never used this toiletries.
smiley36.gif
I calls them as I sees them.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside you are trying to be fair and I respect that. However the bruvas have never been fair to us. That is the honest truth. Jones bulked up very quickly without gaining fat or water weight. Purely a PED formula.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 to honest,of course the bruvas are not going to be fair to us. Part of the reason is that alot of whites let these barely human siemen types walk over them and dictate dsyfunctional directives or threats. And alot of the times white cowar down and give in or go the other way.

WA 33 I grew in south central Los Angeles until I was 19 years old. I am quite versed in their logic or dis logic in most cases, social norms and group think. They are never fair for the most part, because being unfair is the only thing that works for them. You add in white guilt and dumb ass enabling policies and its the perfect reciepe for anti social behavior and constant burden for us, both socially and financially. Sorry to go off on a tangent here.

But back to Jones, I fought while in the Marine Corps. I was a knotch above medicore. I know what skill Jones possessed. The speed he had at middleweight to heavyweight was incredible. I don't think anyone his size ever had that blinding speed. What alot of people forget is that it takes alot of courage to step into the squared circle. You couple that with fighting elite fighters, your appreciation for them black, white or green is there.

WA 33 like I said I go proof not merely on conjecture. We can always wonder if Jones took PEDs but I will always marvel when he fought great, even though he avoided some of the best European fighters in there prime.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside what bothers me is when whites say they like a black fighter because he "respects" white fighters. Aren't boxers supposed to show respect for each other? Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? So what if a few affletes show respect in press conferences towards white fighters. Almost all white fighters have shown respect for blacks and what has it gotten them? They get crapped on even more. I am not going to buy into the propaganda that they constantly use against us.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 I believe alot whites should stop taking crap from blacks at all levels. This is part of the problem with politics, the NFL and a wide assortment of other areas and institutions.

I am not promoting their propaganda of any sort. I am simply commenting on Jones once great skills. Was Jones a sportsman like Sugar Ray Leonard, no way, but he could fight at his peak.

Alot of Whites and especially White men need to grow a set and teach their sons fighting skills. Remember in the summer that white kid on the bus was beaten down by blacks. He had no idea how to fight back. He took a submissive position and let the little negros beat him. I was sick to my stomach. We need to say to the world the time for F'ing with us is OVAA!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I didn't mean you were promoting the propaganda. I am frustrated the media and blacks themselves promote this crap. Most of them show no respect for our fighters or race buy expect the utmost respect from whitey.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 I hear you. Its now incumbent for US to turn the worm in the right direction.

My brother who is a psycho analyst told me the other day the reason why blacks are still having a hard time getting their act together is that the institution of slavery still has a traumatic effect on them. This, causing them to act out they way they do. I told him I am not buying his argument. I told him to look at the African continent and all the failed black run governments. All of sudden we could hear the one fly in his office flatulate.
smiley36.gif

No, I suspect Whites will have the burden of this group until time ends.
smiley11.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
WA 33 I hear you. Its now incumbent for US to turn the worm in the right direction.

My brother who is a psycho analyst told me the other day the reason why blacks are still having a hard time getting their act together is that the institution of slavery still has a traumatic effect on them. This, causing them to act out they way they do. I told him I am not buying his argument. I told him to look at the African continent and all the failed black run governments. All of sudden we could hear the one fly in his office flatulate.
smiley36.gif

No, I suspect Whites will have the burden of this group until time ends.
smiley11.gif

If that was the case Westside then why do blacks enjoy their highest standards of living around "racist" whites. Blacks refuse to acknowledge that the only medicine they know is voodoo, engineering in Africa hasn't progressed beyond mud huts, and slavery is still alive and well in their own country.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Reality is a concept that the porch simians have a hard time figuring out or coming to grips with.

Its like when tenured black "professors" try to claim the greatest of Egypt as a black achievement when true scholars know Eqypt and Eqyptians were primarly arabs or like people not the ancestors of affelets. They do this because in the annuals of history never has there been a group of people who has contributed less and also caused the greatest pain in the world's ass!

The one thing that blacks have a grip on is that America is so much better in living in a mud hut and being told by a Voodoo doctor that you have cancer without performing any medical tests and that cancerous organ needs to come out now!
smiley36.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey I thought this thread was about Green's great KO of Roy Jones!
smiley36.gif

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Jones has a glass jaw and is nothing without his PED's.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Guys Jones juiced for his heavyweight fight. He gained about 20 pounds of muscle in 3 months. That's not possible clean. He looked like Manny Ramirez when he fought Ruiz...
smiley36.gif

Kaptain

Master
I believe in the phrase "once and a$$hole, always an a$$hole." At one time Roy Jones Jr. was a great fighter. During this time he epitomized, to the extreme, TNB inside the ring. Then in 2000 he was caught cheating with Roids. Roid Jones was his new nick name. Recently he has been beaten by several top notch white fighters and he gave them props. So what? What can he do when he is so severely beaten for all to see? The Calzaghe fight was the most satisfying fight I have ever seen - he got what he deserved. What would Jones act like if he still hadn't lost a fight? How would he talk about his white opponents? Would he be gracious? I sincerely doubt it.

I finally watched the Green/Jones fight today. I totally missed this one and didn't even realize it happened until today so it was pleasant surprise. I thank whoever put on the download link. Anyways, Jones entered the ring to some black rap crap about "everything black." The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end when Green entered the ring to "The Land of Down Under" - 6'4" and full of muscle. The racial component in boxing is awesome and undenable.

BTW, Sugar Ray Leonard was no sportsman. The mugging and mocking TNB he displayed in the second Duran fight stands out as one of the worst examples of sportsmanship of all time.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yes KP I was annoyed by Leonard's behavior in that second fight. But was more annoyed by Duran quitting. I guess Leonard felt his antics would bother Roberto, and they did. But Leonard compared to today's affelets was a sportsman.

In the last Vitali fight. He got annoyed by the affelet he knocked around for 12 rounds. In the last round the affelet was doing TNB. Vitali got pissed and told him to look at his right while he held it straight up. On two instances the affelet fell for it and Vitali smacked him twice with his left hand. Quite entertaining and funny. Go back and watch the end of the last round.

Sometimes in the heat of battle or lack there of, fighters do things unexpected or antics that befuddle an opponent.

Kaptain

Master
Leonard's show-boating is in no way comparable to Vitali reacting to TNB by his opponent. Leonard's behavior was the most disgusting for his time as well as for all time. He had plenty of chances to display this behavior in their first fight "in the heat of the moment." He didn't because he was getting his hat handed to him every round. It has nothing to do with "heat of the moment" it has to do with opportunity only. Leonard only displayed this behavior when he knew Duran was done. A pro like Duran doesn't get "befuddled" because of child-like antics. It wasn't strategy or whatever excuse they want to use. It was child/animal like behavior that is natural to Leonard and so many of his racial brothers.