Brian Leonard 23

backrow

Hall of Famer
they'll pull him out when it's already too late for Frerotte to do anything, just like last week.
smiley18.gif

G

Older but interesting article on Brian...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main10129176.shtmlEdited by: mr.wonderfull

backrow

Hall of Famer
there's hopefully more good news for Brian: Richie Incognito practiced today with a team. he might be back for this week, next week at the latest.

on an urelated Rams note, safety Todd Johnson might see his first start of the season with Chavous out. he is so much better than Chavous that this will most defnitely upgrade Rams defense.

backrow

Hall of Famer
most likely out of at least 2 more games. Rams should just let him rest and let Brian take care of the business, to see what they have in him. if they go 0-6, i suppose that's exactly what will happen.

PS i expect McCollum and Incognito to help Brian a whole lot in inside running. i'm quite excited about Arizona game. Bennett will most likely start with Bruce out, although Drew is still playing at 80%, if that.Edited by: backrow

Riggins44

Master
Hello all. I have been visiting this site for months, but I just became a member. I am not sure if you know who Bill Simmons is, but he is a typical ESPN white homo who regularly ridicules white athletes in his columns for the sin of being white. His review of the Rams in his NFL power rankings is typical:

"32. St. Louis - Just when you thought the demise of the "Greatest Show On Turf" couldn't get any sadder, Marc Bulger was benched for Gus Frerotte one week after the Rams started the first white NFL halfback in four years. Wow. At the rate the Rams are going, they might lose custody of Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce to Kevin Federline soon."

To which I emailed him:
"Bill - Being a white man, why do you constantly denigrate white athletes for being white? I have noticed that you do this on a consistent basis. Evidently you think that whites are only fit to play certain positions or certain sports, and when they try to break out of these caste positions they should be discouraged and ridiculed. Is this because you are jealous of them that they have succeeded in sports to a level that you could not? No self-respecting person, be they white, black, Hispanic or any other race, denigrates their own group simply for belonging to that group. You seem like the typical mainstream white sports dork who thinks that white athletes are intrinsically inferior to black athletes. Do you have children of your own? If so, what are you going to tell your son if he wants to play running back or cornerback? Are you going to say "No...you can't play that position, because your skin is the wrong color. Only little black boys can play that position. They are just better than you. So don't even try." You are truly a contemptible human being. But given the anti-white bias of ESPN, I am sure you fit right in. I hope that you email me back and tell me how you truly feel about this topic, but you are such a gutless weasel, I know you won't."

You all should email this clown at http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=feedback/spo rtsguy and ask him why he enjoys denigrating white athletes so much.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Riggins44,

I'm with you 100% on this. However, the point I think is to make your statements in question form. That way, he may just answer you. Once he answers you, you've got him because there are no rational answers to your "qusetions," and just maybe you could nudge him to right something pro White.

You never know unless you try.

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Riggins44 said:
Hello all. I have been visiting this site for months, but I just became a member. I am not sure if you know who Bill Simmons is, but he is a typical ESPN white homo who regularly ridicules white athletes in his columns for the sin of being white. His review of the Rams in his NFL power rankings is typical:

"32. St. Louis - Just when you thought the demise of the "Greatest Show On Turf" couldn't get any sadder, Marc Bulger was benched for Gus Frerotte one week after the Rams started the first white NFL halfback in four years. Wow. At the rate the Rams are going, they might lose custody of Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce to Kevin Federline soon."

To which I emailed him:
"Bill - Being a white man, why do you constantly denigrate white athletes for being white? I have noticed that you do this on a consistent basis. Evidently you think that whites are only fit to play certain positions or certain sports, and when they try to break out of these caste positions they should be discouraged and ridiculed. Is this because you are jealous of them that they have succeeded in sports to a level that you could not? No self-respecting person, be they white, black, Hispanic or any other race, denigrates their own group simply for belonging to that group. You seem like the typical mainstream white sports dork who thinks that white athletes are intrinsically inferior to black athletes. Do you have children of your own? If so, what are you going to tell your son if he wants to play running back or cornerback? Are you going to say "No...you can't play that position, because your skin is the wrong color. Only little black boys can play that position. They are just better than you. So don't even try." You are truly a contemptible human being. But given the anti-white bias of ESPN, I am sure you fit right in. I hope that you email me back and tell me how you truly feel about this topic, but you are such a gutless weasel, I know you won't."

You all should email this clown at http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=feedback/spo rtsguy and ask him why he enjoys denigrating white athletes so much.

Nice job!
smiley32.gif
I don't know if any appeal to rationality or conscience will work with these white clowns, but what definitely will work over time is if lots of us let themhearit every time we run across something that denigrates white athletes. They need to know we're out here, there's lot of us, that our numbers are growing, and that we don't intend to let thecurrent generation of white kids in this country grow up being denied fair opportunity in sports simply because the power structure of U.S. Inc. has decided that whites must be portrayed as irredeemably weak and evil in order tofurther the agenda of global capitalismand Zionism.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Riggins44 said:

To which I emailed him:

DAMN fine job! I really hope he reads it no matter what he thinks or replies.
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
i wonder if Bill Simmons will laugh at Brian's effort today vs a very good Arizona run defense...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Brian put up a solid effort compilling 102 yards on 18 carries i believe.

Poacher

Mentor
5.7 YPC for Leonard!

Reggie Shrub on the other hand was 3.2.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brian has averaged 4.8 YPC on the ground through 38 carries and 181 yards this year, which if kept up would put him in the top 15 in the NFL. He is a very productive back, there is no doubt!

white is right

Hall of Famer
He could crack the 1K mark if Jackson's groin pull doesn't heal. Groins have to be fully healed or they will tear again. Many hockey players have missed long stretches because of the injury.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i was surprised at how nimble and elusive Brian can be. he spun out of several tackles, and made quite a few positive plays after being tackled in the backfield or on the LoS. huge props, he could have easily had 130 + yards, but Linehan went away from the running game in the second half, even before Rams went down.

he also could have had quite a few catches more, but Frerotte panicked at times and didn't see him.

also, BL might be a best blovking tailback in the league. he saved Frerotte's butt more times that i could count!

all in all, a great game!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't understand Linehan's desire to keep putting Travis Minor in the game for more than a few plays. It looked like he was alternating series between the two. Why draft Leonard if you think Minor is good enough to be a full-time backup for Jackson?

I haven't double checked the stats myself, but I believe the announcers said that Leonard is the first back to hit 100 yards rushing against the Arizona D this season. The backs they've held below 100 so far include Frank Gore, Shaun Alexander, Willie Parker, and Willis McGahee. Not a shabby list of running backs, especially considering the man-love they receive from the sports writers... and Leonard out gained them all. Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
Minor was in on passing downs only, to spell Leonard. he only got three carries. he's clearly only a role player when Leonard needs a breather. he took couple of passes more than ideally but it's nothing major
smiley17.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ha! Good one back!
smiley36.gif
As we have pointed out on this site countless times, many white players that do well in college can also be exceptional in the NFL. The problem is a lack of opportunities to do so. Brian finally has enough carries to start comparing him to others, and he is doing well above average. I hope Jackson is out another game or two so Brian can get really comfortable being in the backfield. I think he will continue to impress as long as he gets a chance. Hopefully, Brian will actually get the "15 carries a game" after Jackson gets back.

By the way, that was the first time since Brock Forsey on November 30, 2003 that a white true RB rushed for over 100 yards. Let's hope the next time is October 14, 2007!Edited by: Colonel_Reb

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Ha! Good one back!
smiley36.gif
As we have pointed out on this site countless times, many white players that do well in college can also be exceptional in the NFL. The problem is a lack of opportunities to do so. Brian finally has enough carries to start comparing him to others, and he is doing well above average. I hope Jackson is out another game or two so Brian can get really comfortable being in the backfield. I think he will continue to impress as long as he gets a chance. Hopefully, Brian will actually get the "15 carries a game" after Jackson gets back.

By the way, that was the first time since Brock Forsey on November 30, 2003 that a white true RB rushed for over 100 yards. Let's hope the next time is October 14, 2007!

i think Jackson will be out at least one more game. if i was Rams coach, i would sit him until he is fully recovered, groin injuries are tricky, and use Brian up to his full potential. there's no need rushing Jackson into the lineup, it's not like Rams are going to playoffs and Leonard actually does a lot better than SJ did in his three games as a starter.
it might be that Rams just found their new franchise back, especially if Jackson asks for a pig payload after this season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a weekend for white running backs. First off we had Danny Woodhead break the all time NCAA Career Rushing Yards Record.

Then Jacob Hester led the number one LSU Tigers to a big victory over the top ten Florida Gators by rushing for over a hundred yards and the winning td on national tv!

Finally our boy Brian Leonard went for 102 yards on only 18 touches against one of the toughest running defenses in the NFL. I must say that I'm a happy fan right about now.
smiley32.gif