Brian Leonard 23

I tell you to run behind this O-line will be tough. I know Leonard can do it, but the whole season went down the drain when Orlando Pace was out for the year. But I do think that Leonard will prove himself and pull out 100 yds give or take 10 yards either way. I also see him catching 5 or 6 passes out of the backfield with 2 td's for the game. Good luck Brian!

backrow

Hall of Famer
mrjohnnynofear said:
I tell you to run behind this O-line will be tough. I know Leonard can do it, but the whole season went down the drain when Orlando Pace was out for the year. But I do think that Leonard will prove himself and pull out 100 yds give or take 10 yards either way. I also see him catching 5 or 6 passes out of the backfield with 2 td's for the game. Good luck Brian!

i like this optimistic prognosis! however i'd be happy if Leonard gets over 3.5 yard per carry and gets over 80 yards plus a TD.
Jackson struggled earlier this year due to several things: o-line starters going down and backups not playing well and also due to passing game not being as good as it was last season. i mean Holt, Bruce and Curtis could take the pressure of the running game very well, whereas this season Bulger is struggling behind the o-line, Bruce should have probably retired and Bennett isn't at 100 % yet.
if Rams can establish some passing game, then Leonard will have more of a chance.
one way or another it will be a hell of a game from our point of view, Leonard, Bennett, Klopfenstein vs Witten and Fasano.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The guys at Rotoworld seem to think the Rams will give Brian at least 20 carries, including all goal line carries. They think the backups may be used to spell him or for the occasional third down. They also think it will take Jackson longer than a week to be back, so we might get to see 2 or more weeks of Brian in the backfield! They do expect St. Louis to try to restart their arial attack though, so maybe a couple of our guys will benefit from that as well.

backrow

Hall of Famer
more good news from rotoworld:

"Rams RG Richie Incognito (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday.

Good news for Brian Leonard. Incognito rotated with Milford Brown at right guard. Claude Terrell was on the left with Adam Goldbert at right tackle."

oh and as far as Jackson's status:

"Sources tell the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Steven Jackson has a 40 percent tear of his groin.

He's out two weeks at a minimum. The Rams have listed Jackson as "week to week," but the possibility seems real that he could miss a month of action."

Gi-15

Mentor
confirmed backrow, per KFFL.com

Rams | Jackson to need 2-3 weeks to heal
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:09:48 -0700

KFFL has learned St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson (groin) will need two to three weeks to heal from his groin injury.

Brian got a little longer audition.

yanling

Guru
Leonard will be like the honest public school teacher who tries to hard -- he'll either get none of the credit if the team succeeds and all of the blame if they don't.

G

Good morning all. I am here on the west coast. I have been reading the post at this site for two monthsand have finally joined. Regarding Brian Leonard, I will be watching his game with great anticapation. This will be a watershed moment, almost as important as the Pavlik/Taylor fight.He needs to do well. If he does, he will helpbring down this white inferioritymyth/complex that the schools and society bestowupon white youth.I am hoping that he will have a specatacular perforamcelike Curtis did.

I am a football fan, but bigger boxing fan. I hope Brian and Kelly kick ass!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The reality is that the Rams have serious problems on offense right now, from a banged-up quarterback to a poor offensive line that's been decimated by injury. They have only scored two touchdowns in three games. Leonard can't produce miracles under such circumstances. If he can produce at the level Steven Jackson was (which wasn't much), most of the drunk white fans won't get on him. If he can produce better than Jackson, then that's a great thing for all Leonard fans and all opponents of the Caste System.

backrow

Hall of Famer
an article from StLouisRams.com

Leonard clearly sees himself as a runningback. the writer clearly thinks of Leonard as a blocking fullback for the most part...

Tom Iron

Mentor
That says it all. "It's a different level, but it's still football." Case closed. Now all he has to do is go out and run the ball. I'm sure he'll do just that.

Tom Iron...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I like the confidence, I believe its a nationally televised game too. I hope he runs all over that coal black cowboy defense and throws in a leonard leap over Roy Williams.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
I like the confidence, I believe its a nationally televised game too.

yeah, it's also on NASN meaning the whole Europe has a chance to see him in action.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Rams fans talk about Brian. pretty much all of them are positive and even excited about having him.

this is my favourite post:
"If Leonard has a good game it will be the start of the FO deciding to low ball Jackson on his contract."

imagine that
smiley17.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
I'm really thinkin about bought a jersey of Leonard, but I want to be sure of my deal..If Leonard become a full back next year, im gonna regret it, not because i dont like FB, but when people are gonna ask me, who is this player, I would more like to say, Brian Leonard, Running back..I just bought white player, Mike Alstott, Matt Leinart(great deal on ebay), Brian Urlacher and Jeremy Shockey.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If Leonard ever gets the chance to be a full time running back, I will be the first in line. I'm waiting to go get my Michigan Jersey for next years Freshman Heisman Winner,Sam McGuffie. This kid is the real deal. I will make sure I educate everyone about how good he is!

I have a Shockey Jersey and get alot of props for it.

I hope Leonard shows them what he is made of. They can doubt his speed but if he turns the corner, look out! I can't wait for this game. Bring on the Cowgirls!

Angelcynn

Guru
I'm definatly gonna watch this game! Leonard fan, a Leonard leap would certianly be something special but he needs to watch out, especially seeing as the Cowboys have that coal black defense who are going to try anything they can to stop Leonard. Leonard will be a primary target for most defenses for standing out like a chunk of salt in the black pepper.

Might be a bit early to start dishing money out for Leonard jerseys, I've just ordered a Pats Wes Welker jersey, so that'l do me nicely.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i will be getting Leonard. possibly Fox, if he ever comes into his own. plus i am a "fox", so it would make sense.
smiley2.gif

speedster

Mentor
Why would anyone want to get a jersey of any athlete.It's like your this hero-worshiping kid who is maybe ten or twenty years older than this player.Good grief.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
speedster said:
Why would anyone want to get a jersey of any athlete.It's like your this hero-worshiping kid who is maybe ten or twenty years older than this player.Good grief.

I will buy a Leonard jersey so people will wonder who he is, ask me questions and give me a chance to educate them on the caste system.

I will buy a Lenard jersey, and hope that millions of other football fans will do so as well, to show the NFL that white running backs are viable marketing tools.

yanling

Guru
I don't own any sports-team jerseys of my own, but the way I see it (I could be wrong), the owners of such jerseys usually fall into three camps:

camp A (least likely): the wearer is not actually a fan, but likes the look of the jersey, or likes to pretend to be "into" sports to appear cool or multidimensional

camp B (often): the wearer is some frustrated sports fan loser (usually fat, slow, and physically inferior) who has never accomplished anything on their own and would prefer to live through the accomplishments of others. This same person usually likes to accuse other people of homosexuality, or criticize the athleticism of others, while their own athletic endeavors are limited to dorito-eating.

camp C (most likely): the wearer simply admires the accomplishments of the athlete whose name appears on the jersey, and would like to see said athlete receive the attention and exposure they deserve. The wearer is also most likely a current or former athlete who bothers to stay competitive and in shape.

In other words, jersey owners are sometimes poseurs, often losers, but most likely just regular schmoes.