Another Smiling Negro

Kaptain

Master
That's a hilarous picture Bart. I can't stop laughing. You should make it your avatar.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McKinney is on the latest "Real Time with Bill Maher," which will repeat during the week on HBO. She certainly is a dim bulb. Maher asked her about saying that Bush knew about 9/11 beforehand and she backtracked, saying merely that he had receiving "warnings" that an attack was coming.

She looks a little like Warren Sapp's little sister.
smiley36.gif

406_cynthia_mckinney.jpg

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Quoted from an article on ESB about the upcoming Jermaine Taylor v. Winky Wright fight on HBO:

Ronald Wright was constantly flashing what is arguably the best smile in boxing.

WINKY'S%20SMILE.jpg

Kaptain

Master
After listening to at least 4 references to ronaldinho's smile yesterday during the world cup, I had to post an image so that we can all enjoy. What an odd media obsession.

ronaldinhostort.jpg

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poop, all I can think of when I see that picture is 'whinnny!' Someone put some reins and a saddle on that guy!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ronaldinho's mouth is a walking advertisement for the need for dental care. How far will they take this black-and-smiling thing?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From last week's lovefest of an article about David Ortiz in Sports Illustrated:

"Every ballpark seems smaller, every room brighter, every worry lighter when you're in the company of David Americo Ortiz, the friendly galoot of a designated hitter for the eternally grateful Boston Red Sox. In girth and mirth Ortiz evokes Babe Ruth, Santa Claus and your favorite stuffed animal from childhood. . . Ortiz's popularity, like his gap-toothed, omnipresent smile, crosses cultures and generations."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
"dose white folks shor love dem smilin Negroes"

This smiling negro thing is from the media that would never EVER consider itself the slight bit racist!

bigunreal

Mentor
Don,

You've really got me noticing this bizarre phenomenon. Yesterday, during my daughter's class party, the teacher gave out special awards to each student. Guess who got the award for "best smile?" Yep, the only black in the class. I know most of the parents there pretty well, but it was embarrassing when all these white soccer moms made the black kid pose for pictures with that beautiful smile.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Two old sayings come to mind: Grinnin' like a mule eatin' briars, and grinnin' like a possum!
smiley36.gif

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I thought Vijay Singh was from India? His names sounds Indian.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched the end of a replay of the '05 Wimbledon final between Venus Williams and Lindsay Davenport. After Williams won and was jumping up and down for a minute or so like an unrestrained 3 year old, announcer Mary Jo Fernandez proclaimed, "We've missed that smile."

18297781.jpg

Edited by: Don Wassall

G

I was flipping through the channels today and was on NFL Network for a second and they showed a clip of Micheal Vick and Arthur Blank the Falcons ownwer and Blank commented on Vick's magnificent smile. About 5 minutes later I check out the World Cup and they are talking about Ronaldinho and the commentators mention his great smile...I couldn't help but laugh.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
From the NFL Frontpage at ESPN:

Going To Work
With no Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown will have to carry the load for the Dolphins. Known for his perpetual smile, Brown couldn't be happier that he's the featured back, writes Len Pasquarelli

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From a fantasy football article on CBS Sportsline:
<H4>Reggie Bush, RB, New Orleans </H4>

The Saints superstar rookie has been in the public eye more than Paris Hilton lately, but while cameras may zoom in to see his winning smile and what kind of cleats he's wearing, Fantasy owners shouldn't be so swayed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Why does this description of Chad Johnson by Len Pasquarelli remind me so much of some of the Negro foils in the old Three Stooges shorts?

So how about the ultimate mano a mano on Oct. 29, with (Chad) Johnson and Hall each playing both sides of the ball for their respective teams?

Not surprisingly, Johnson's eyes grew pie-wide at the notion and, even in the sparsely lighted area under the bleachers at Georgetown College, his gold-capped teeth seemed to glow a little brighter.

smiley36.gif

voice

Guru
Vikings Kieron Robinson in latest smilin Negro quote

He appeared at a brief court hearing wearing an orange jail jumpsuit and chained at the ankles. Afterward, he smiled at reporters but didn't respond to questions as he left the courthouse with his wife, Joy, and a friend. His next court appearance is Oct. 17.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2551018

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Even non-smiling negroes have famous smiles. A local Detroit paper referred to the return of Dimitri Young to the Tigers and "his trademark smile". For those of you that know Dimitri the only facial trademark he could have would be his ever-perpetual scowl. He is one of those angry negro type players but to the sportwriters he is black so he must have a BIG WATERMELON GRIN
smiley4.gif

Young returned to the Tigers after a minor league stint where he was rehabbing. He was rehabbing his reputation as he had a high profile assault of his white girlfriend in the papers. Young has killed the Tigers with his wild swinging no hit offense the last two years. And Chris Shelton the best hitter in baseball the first month of the season was sent to the minors. Something that NEVER happens to a black player.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm watching the NCAA dunk contest and the announcer just said of a 5-10 black player from Chicago State, "his smile lights up the arena."

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Is TK Stewart a man?

How can any 'man' other than a flaming homosexual comment about another man's flawless skin or 'alert doe-like eyes?' The latter has to be one of the gayest things I've ever read.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
Is TK Stewart a man?

How can any 'man' other than a flaming homosexual comment about another man's flawless skin or 'alert doe-like eyes?' The latter has to be one of the gayest things I've ever read.

It must be short for T. Kordell Stewart.
smiley36.gif

JD074

Master
White Shogun said:
Is TK Stewart a man?

Hey Shogun. Totally agree. I just did a Google search and apparently he's a man (with a wife, no less.) I just skimmed his blog and here's a slightly different version of his homoerotic statement:

With flawless mahogany skin, alert doe-like eyes and bright ivory teeth he is move-star handsome.

Weird!!

http://tkstewartboxing.blogspot.com/

Hockaday

Guru
I'd just turned on the TV this morning and some NFL show was on with Mark Schlereth and a couple other yakkers talking about the NFL. They were discussing what player best represents for the NFL or something like that.

"LaDanian Thomlinson," declared Schlereth. "I could watch him play all day," he gushed. "Great smile. Great personality, blah blah blah."

Thomlinson must have one of those contagious smiles, so contagious that it makes you smile even if you're just thinking about it, because Schlereth was beaming as he described all of Thomlinson's admirable qualities.

Kinda makes me grin myself. Edited by: Hockaday