Another Smiling Negro

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I really liked Jaxvid's observation about the media's racist obsession with smiling blacks:

"Interesting that the wonderful "smile" of so many black athlete's was once referred to a "watermelon grin". This exceptionally un-PC phrase (last publicly used by Rick Barry to describe a picture of Bill Russell) has disappeared but not the white media's desire to compliment blacks on their bright toothy grins. Notice how many black athletes have that description. Sosa, Tiger Woods, the Williams sisters. Gee if only white athletes could "light" up like that."
smiley36.gif

Right after that Inoticed this little gem about Tiger Woods as the lead sentencein anAP article: "Tiger Woods had plenty of reasons to pump his right fist and flash an ear-to-ear grin."

And now today, I find this opening sentence about Redskins thug/safety Sean Taylor: "Smiling and unusually congenial, safety Sean Taylor reported to Washington Redskins training camp Sunday, ending an offseason in which he snubbed his coaches and got arrested in Florida."

If a whitefootball player had been arrested for aggravated assault, the media wouldn't care less whether or not he was "smiling" as he reported totraining camp, other than to criticize him for being jovial when he should be showing contrition. In this case it seems to be used as a technique to build sympathy for someone who is charged with committing an unforgiveable act for someone in his position. There's no question the media has a strange fascination with the smiles of blacks. Maybe they have a yearning to bring back smiling black shoeshine boys!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think it has something to do with liberals belief in showing emotion as being some great sign of change or internal character. With liberals, the only thing that matters is perception and illusion. Consequences don't matter, only intentions. In this case, the black has forgiven his accusers with his smile, and because of this, everyone else should forgive and forget about what laws he broke. It's a funny thing though, because conservatives aren't afforded this treatment. Look at how many times they have to apologize before the media gets off their back. It's a clear double standard and certainly does apply to whites in sports as well.

bigunreal

Mentor
Yeah, I'm sure that a lot of fired and ruined white people all over the
world would love to have the opportunity to reclaim their jobs merely
by flashing a dazzling smile.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Another smiling negro mention: Deion Sanders

'Neon' Deion camps out at training camp

By DAVID GINSBURG, AP Sports Writer
August 2, 2005
WESTMINSTER, Md. (AP) -- Deion Sanders flashed his trademark smile as he stepped in front of a wave of cameras, microphones and tape recorders.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Gee, I wonder when he got that a copyright for that sucker? By they way, I sure have seen a lot of blacks infringing on his patent.
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hines Ward of the Steelers is a hold-out even though he still has a year to go on his contract. Gene Collier of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette quotes a Steelers fan named Amanda Lumley, who was sporting a Ward #86 jersey at Steelers training camp, on the situation: "Actually, this is my mom's jersey, but I really hope he comes back because I miss his smile right now."

I'm sure the media misses his smile, too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
All it took was one smile from the lovely Terrell Owens to win back Eagles fans:

"Philadelphia Eagles fans just couldn't bring themselves to hate Terrell Owens.

"Notorious for their boorish behavior, many fans booed the disgruntled All-Pro receiver and some taunted Owens during Wednesday morning's practice at Lehigh University.

"But it took just a simple smile and a little interaction for Owens to win them over again.

"This ain't San Francisco," one fan yelled as Owens knelt along the sidelines, listening to the derisive jeers. "You ain't bigger than this team. Shut up and play."

"They took their best shots, and scolded Owens for hiring agent Drew Rosenhaus.

"Finally, Owens stood up, turned to the crowd, cracked a smile and pumped his left arm up, urging them to make more noise.

The fans suddenly erupted in cheers and the same guy who was riding Owens the loudest started chanting the "T.O." song. Owens flashed a wider grin, nodded his head in approval and walked back toward the field." [emphasis added]

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/08/03/bc. fbn.eagles.owens.ap/index.html[/url]

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Justin Gatlin Wins 100M Gold at Worlds By BOB BAUM,

HELSINKI, Finland -Justin Gatlin didn't just win the 100 meters at the world track and field championships, he dominated it like no other sprinter in the meet's history. The 23-year-old Olympic champion bolted away from the overmatched competition Sunday night to win in 9.88 seconds, 17-hundredths of a second ahead of runner-up Michael Frater of Jamaica. The margin of victory was the largest in the 10 world championships that have been held since the meet's inception in 1983.

Gatlin kneeled in prayer after his victory, then was handed a U.S. flag, which he held for cameras with what has become a trademark big smile from the rising superstar of the sport.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dang, I guess that Patent office is getting swamped these days!
smiley36.gif

JD074

Master
Chris Berman actually mentioned Dan Marino's smile during his introduction. Wow. I guess a white athlete has to be in the Hall before he has a smile worthy enough of Boomer's attention.

I began to notice the media's utter fascination with smiling Negroes
several years ago. This past Monday (Aug. 8, 2005), The Atlanta
Journal-Constitution did an entire story about a "gentle-giant" that
plays for the Auburn Tigers, who naturally keeps his teammates loose
and laughing along with his good-natured antics. Of course, the
story was accompanied by a half-page photograph of the noble "grinnin'"
savage (all 6'9" and 370 pounds of him). Do I even need to
mention that this was the main story in the Sports section that day?

This is part of the propaganda intended to dupe Whites into believing
that blacks are, by nature, happy, gregarious, and, above all,
harmless. Never do we see a 1/2 page photograph of the thugs
charged with off-the-field crimes, cheating in the classroom,
etc. Those stories are relegated to page C-24, in microscopic
8-point print.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hines Ward makes it again, this time in conjunction with the legendary '70s sitcom "Good Times." Gene Collier writes in today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"Don't know whether it was the faded brown bucket hat, the T-shirt displaying the cast of 'Good Times,' the mile-wide Dy-no-mite smile or the typically blinding diamond stud earrings, but the composite Hines Ward look again somehow dripped authenticity."

Man, what a bizarre sentence!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don, was that written by a man or a woman? Some kinda gay metrosexual fashionista, seems like.

Bronk

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
"Don't know whether it was the faded brown bucket hat, the T-shirt displaying the cast of 'Good Times,' the mile-wide Dy-no-mite smile or the typically blinding diamond stud earrings, but the composite Hines Ward look again somehow dripped authenticity."

Wow. Put in a different, more critical context black leaders would be all over that piece of prose like -- dare I say it -- white on rice.

Imagine if he/she had used the old expresion "grinning like a watermelon rind." Whoooo boy.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
Don, was that written by a man or a woman? Some kinda gay metrosexual fashionista, seems like.

By a man, or, to use the correct NWO jargon, a "male," which is probably most appropriate in this case anyway.

A flattering pic of Gene Collier:

collier.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Looks like the perfect Trimspa candidate to me. I wish I could rip some of those guys ear-rings out!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's yet anothermention of theHines Ward "watermelon grin" in today's Post-Gazette, this time by Gene Shalit lookalike Bob Smizik. Enjoy:

"What had the face of an ugly confrontation that no less than Jerome Bettis said could affect the team's entire player-owner relationship ended in a convincing victory for the Steeler Way. It was convincing not because Ward ended his holdout Monday and will report to training camp today, but because it ended with the player involved having that ever-so-famous smile plastered across his face."

Too much! Here's Bob Smizik:

72x85smizik.jpg

The Atlanta Urinal-Constipation is at it again: Today's Sports
section ran a story about Terrell Owens' reporting to camp. Of
course, the story was headed by a photo of T.O. in a full-out, hearty
laugh. How far did they need to go to find such a positive image
of perhaps the surliest jack-ass in all of sports? This is
ludicrous, especially since the content of the story was that Owens was
ticked-off at virtually everyone involved with the Eagles
organization.

So, why the happy face in the picture? Because the media wants us
all to believe that black athletes are cuddly teddy bears... utterly
harmless, you see...they'd make for good neighbors...(I think I'm going to be sick)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, I have been saving this for weeks, but now it is time to reveal the newest flavor of Bubblicious gum. That's right, Lebron's Lightning Lemonade! You better believe he's got a grin on that is bigger than his face, but I'm sure his lawyers made sure that his gum wasn't Watermelon flavored before he signed the endorsement deal!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

848960.JPG

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Reb, for reviving one of the board's best threads!
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Here is another one, from Ivan Maisel, ESPN.com:

There has been no one like linebacker DeMeco Ryans at Alabama in a generation. The awards have been arriving since last spring -- this one local, that one national -- yet the same aw-shucks grin spreads across his face now as when he arrived on campus in the summer of 2002.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I never even heard of the guy until someone brought him up as being one of the finalists for the Butkus award on here yesterday. You could add a word onto the end of that aw-shucks and you'd really be in trouble!
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The media's continuing fascination withsmiling Negroes. From AP:

"Jimmy Rollins embraced the spotlight, welcomed the challenge and oozed confidence. Every year -- except this one -- since his rookie season in 2001, Rollins told his younger brother Antwon, he was going to break Joe DiMaggio's major league record 56-game hitting streak.

"Well, 38 down, 57 to go. Rollins' pursuit of DiMaggio's 65-year-old record ended yesterday in Philadelphia when he went 0 for 4 in the Phillies' 4-2 loss to St. Louis, snapping a 38-game hitting streak that stretched over two seasons.

"'I had a chance to do it and I came up short,' Rollins said, flashing his trademark smile. 'I still have another chance. I have a lot of games left'."

From an interview with Jim Nantz on SI.com:

JN: I think[Tiger's] shrewd. It's the Me-Against-the-World Syndrome. He makes a coaching change from Butch Harmon to Hank Haney, and the working media wants to know why. Early in the Haney transition someone would say, "Tiger, you only hit three of 14 fairways today." Sometimes Tiger took that as criticism: "You're not supposed to say that about me." But we have to say things people might not want to hear, and we say nice things too. I look at Tiger and think, What do people want him to do?

SI: Smile more?

JN: He has the greatest smile in the world. We see it a lot. And no one gives you more cutaways in golf.

And from the same Jim Nantz interview:

JN: Right. There are guys who could smile more. Vijay [Singh], for one. People don't know what a likable guy Vijay is. When he smiles, he lights up a room. Davis Love is a good friend of mine, and we've talked about this. Could Davis smile more? Maybe, but that's not who he is. He's concentrating.

Nantz must think that Singh is a Negro.
smiley36.gif

040206-jroll.jpg

vijay.jpg

_41313795_tigertrophy-getty200.jpg

Bart

Hall of Famer
This might be stretching it a bit, but what the heck.Cynthia went to a dentistwith only a dollar in her purse....so he gave her buckteeth.

r1533894256.jpg