2023 NFL Week One

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Not having Chris Jones definitely hurt the interior D-line for KC, but holy cow is that offense listless without Travis Kelce. Andy Reid falling back into familiar patterns and stocking his receiver room mostly with horrible busts and uninspiring retreads.

Crazy that Goff is still only 28 years old - just about the same age as Mahomes. Good game by Goff tonight.
Goff completely outplayed Mahomes. Better throws, decision-making, and poise in the pocket. Kelce, not Mahomes, is the engine that makes KC go.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Not having Chris Jones definitely hurt the interior D-line for KC, but holy cow is that offense listless without Travis Kelce. Andy Reid falling back into familiar patterns and stocking his receiver room mostly with horrible busts and uninspiring retreads.

The glory days of Todd Pinkston (alligator body), Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash and Greg Lewis lol. Perhaps Kelce is to the Chiefs what Owens was to the Eagles.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good win by Detroit and I enjoyed that pick 6 from Mahomes. Especially because butterfingers Toney gifted it to the DB. Mahomes usually catches all the breaks….Not having Kelce was big obviously.

jphoss

Mentor
The glory days of Todd Pinkston (alligator body), Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash and Greg Lewis lol. Perhaps Kelce is to the Chiefs what Owens was to the Eagles.
LMAO I always bring up that amazing trio when arguing with dwf’s and some of my still blue pilled friends. There’s no way you couldn’t find 1 white receiver better than those scrubs! Perfect example of the Caste system

Warhawk_46

Master
Goff completely outplayed Mahomes. Better throws, decision-making, and poise in the pocket. Kelce, not Mahomes, is the engine that makes KC go.
Kelce is darn near uncoverable. I’ve always opined an elite TE is the best aerial weapon an offense as can have.

Big win for the Lions. DWFs already throwing the entire WR group under the bus to save the golden calf Mahomes.

Watson outright cooked DBs at least twice on deep balls, especially on the PI which sadly was underthrown by the GOAT and therefore won't show up on the stat sheet. Likely a 50+ yard TD with a good throw. Watson is, at absolute worst, the 2nd best WR on this team. Absolutely no excuse to not give him more opportunities after the performances by Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore. Noah Gray (possibly Jewish?) also looked pretty good in place of Kelce.

jphoss

Mentor
Big win for the Lions. DWFs already throwing the entire WR group under the bus to save the golden calf Mahomes.

Watson outright cooked DBs at least twice on deep balls, especially on the PI which sadly was underthrown by the GOAT and therefore won't show up on the stat sheet. Likely a 50+ yard TD with a good throw. Watson is, at absolute worst, the 2nd best WR on this team. Absolutely no excuse to not give him more opportunities after the performances by Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore. Noah Gray (possibly Jewish?) also looked pretty good in place of Kelce.
Solid performance by that other te too. It’s embarrassing how many drops those kc wr had but also impressed with the lions defense especially their front 7

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Well, I lost that game on my parlay. However, a victory for Detroit and Goff is more than than enough to make up for the faux pas.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Even Crissy routinely noted Juwan cheating in his stance. Either refs were incompetent or in on it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This game really encapsulated many of the caste system patterns identified over the years:

Non-White QB has a high caliber White TE as a security blanket, White TE out for the game and the offense struggles

Two highly drafted receivers struggle with the 1st rounder looking awful - Toney and the 2nd rounder Moore looking not much better. The White WR Watson on the other hand played above his skin color stereotypes with 2 big play receptions and a big PI call

The offensive tackle position for the Chiefs with its bookend sumos did not fare well. False starts throughout the game and many not called , not lining up correctly on the line of scrimmage and holding on every play.

If anything this game is chock full of evidence supporting a caste system and the lie that the best players play. All above are theories that we have discussed here for years so it’s great to see them all play out on a large stage.

Warhawk_46

Master
I think what folks are noting is that Mahomes, while admittedly a great quarterback, is not quite the same without his future-HOF TE to dominate.

Warhawk_46

Master
Even Crissy routinely noted Juwan cheating in his stance. Either refs were incompetent or in on it.
They were advised not to call - no other explanation other than to not hurt the Chiefs drives.

jphoss

Mentor
It’s the “thumb on the scale” technique the nfl employs that has been noted here before, especially last season’s afc championship and super bowl. The refs tilt the advantage to mahomes and the chiefs and hope that would be enough for a win. Last year it worked, last night it didn’t

El Gringo

Mentor
It’s the “thumb on the scale” technique the nfl employs that has been noted here before, especially last season’s afc championship and super bowl. The refs tilt the advantage to mahomes and the chiefs and hope that would be enough for a win. Last year it worked, last night it didn’t

Jphoss nails it once again!! If Mahommes doesn’t get all the calls and all the breaks which he normally does there’s a dramatically different outcome to the game.
I don’t dispute Mahomes is a great player whatsoever but he’s been put in a very good situation with fat bastard as coach and Kelce as his tight end. Kelce has a unique ability to always get open once the pocket breaks down and Mahommes is on the run. It’s very hard to stop coupled with the Chiefs being in favor with the refs most of the time.

Chad

Guru
is there a way to upload an mp4 on here?

I don't want to give the link to the youtube channel so they don't get unnecessary hits

I found this but it only lasts 48 hours

It's Kadarius Toney's highlights

I know if his schpeel all too well at Florida

PS. I pray Florida fires Billy Napier and hires Lane Kiffin.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Big Three tight ends are Kelce, Kittle and Andrews. Kelce missed last night's game and Kittle and Andrews are both officially questionable for Sunday.

The Big Two wide receivers are Kupp and Thielen. Kupp is out and looks to be headed for IR (we'll know tomorrow if that's the case or not), while Thielen came up with an ankle injury this week and is listed as questionable.

Bummer of a start to the season. Hopefully Kittle, Andrews and Thielen end up playing this week, but even if they do who knows how effective they'll be.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Andews will reportedly be inactive for the Ravens game. Kelce and now Andrews, with Kittle listed as questionable and Kupp on IR.

On the bright side, Riley Moss is listed as questionable, which means he has recovered well from his surgery several weeks ago, and Adam Thielen will reportedly play for the Panthers after his status was in doubt earlier in the week.

Warhawk_46

Master
Thielen remains a favorite. I know the Panthers rookie is going to struggle this year but hoping Thielen becomes that security blanket and post 1000 yards. I think he just might.

woody39

Mentor
Mccaffrey is the one for me!

He is the key, the best running back in the league, and a full preseason 100 percent fit he will dominate, throw Kittle and Purdy in the mix they are the team for me after my underwhelming patriots obviously lol.

Sean89

Mentor
Things I'm watching for today.

Forgive the long post, but glad to have football back and really hope are lads in the caste positions can get what they deserve.

Hopefully, I havent missed any injuries, as we have had a few blow.

Like wise hopefully there have been no cuts since I last checked on our lads

Anway, here goes nothing -

Wide receivers -

Thielen and Miller face off.
Will Miller get a fair go. Will Adam be the rookies favourite target.

Berrios, will he be returning and involved as WR3.

Charlie Jones and Irwin hopefully to get reps for Bengals, in a 2023 white friendly team.

Will Skowronek fill the Kupp void

Will Bobo get a chance behind Metcalfe.

DBs -

Can Reed continue strong.

Will Wingard get reps.

Is Moss fit and how will he do. Nervous and excited for this. Especially with the chance of another corner next year.

Harry Smith, no explanation needed.

DL -

Bryan Breese, I expect a lot of this young man. He is super talented and should feature in rotation.

Bengals 1-2 punch, can they start off in the sack column.

Reports on Van Ness have been mixed, let's hope he hits the ground running. But don't panic if he doesn't.

LBS -

Barton finally getting a chance to shine ?

Muma, Sanders, Singleton, Andersen. Top players and should show as much.

Sean89

Mentor
Mccaffrey is the one for me!

He is the key, the best running back in the league, and a full preseason 100 percent fit he will dominate, throw Kittle and Purdy in the mix they are the team for me after my underwhelming patriots obviously lol.

So sad that have we have one guy at RB. Makes your blood boil. All our eggs in one basket, but what a basket.

Hoping Will will join him soon

woody39

Mentor
Things I'm watching for today.

Forgive the long post, but glad to have football back and really hope are lads in the caste positions can get what they deserve.

Hopefully, I havent missed any injuries, as we have had a few blow.

Like wise hopefully there have been no cuts since I last checked on our lads

Anway, here goes nothing -

Wide receivers -

Thielen and Miller face off.
Will Miller get a fair go. Will Adam be the rookies favourite target.

Berrios, will he be returning and involved as WR3.

Charlie Jones and Irwin hopefully to get reps for Bengals, in a 2023 white friendly team.

Will Skowronek fill the Kupp void

Will Bobo get a chance behind Metcalfe.

DBs -

Can Reed continue strong.

Will Wingard get reps.

Is Moss fit and how will he do. Nervous and excited for this. Especially with the chance of another corner next year.

Harry Smith, no explanation needed.

DL -

Bryan Breese, I expect a lot of this young man. He is super talented and should feature in rotation.

Bengals 1-2 punch, can they start off in the sack column.

Reports on Van Ness have been mixed, let's hope he hits the ground running. But don't panic if he doesn't.

LBS -

Barton finally getting a chance to shine ?

Muma, Sanders, Singleton, Andersen. Top players and should show as much.
Great list

The linebackers could be a growth position for us - seem to get a chance at the position at nfl and especially at college level. Aswell as the newbies you mention you have Logan Wilson, Matt Milano, Cole Holcomb, Leighton VanderEsch and Alex Anzalone. Wilson and Milano are top 5 in the league I reckon trying not to be biased.

Not forgetting TJ Watt best rusher in the league arguably with Nick Bosa. There are some quality black rushers obviously like Judon at the Patriots but we have our fair share of Elite players.