2023 College Football Week 7

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
31 yarder to McConkey not starting but still working back from injury! Talking him up on the broadcast- saying one scout told them he is a top 100 nfl player going forward as well.

Glad McConkey is back. UGA needs to throw the ball to Bowers 15 times this game to let him get some Heisman stats.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bowers down with what looks like an ankle injury of some kind. . .

Phall

Master
Glad Colorado endured the most embarrassing loss of the season in college football. Always fun to see Whites mock blacks too

F8YXqBoWEAA3baO
LOL.

Couldn't believe it. I turned the game on for a moment late last night: it was 14-0 with *Shadeur* scrambling for big yards, and I turned it right back off.

Shadeur apparently has not only a $190K Maybach SUV, but also a new Cadillac Escalade in his "fleet." He likes to take his sparkly diamond watch over to the opposing student sections and show it off after winning in their stadium.

I used to think that black players would get themselves into trouble by spending their windfalls unwisely at such a young age. I'm going to change my bet slightly to Shadeur Sanders getting robbed at gunpoint by other blacks before he leaves college. Heck, I'd think about doing it myself!

Btw, what the heck is wrong with Casey Filkins? Two carries, two targets (zero receptions), nothing else.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If I had to guess it looks like Bowers has a high ankle sprain, but let's hope it's a low one or something else that won't cost him a lot of time.

woody39

Mentor
24 7 Georgia - Beck on fire 17 from 20 181 yards at the half one rush score and one pass score.

McConkey leading the team 4 for 58 yards on limited snaps not in on every play at all.

Bowers injury huge downer.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like Michigan St is playing 4 star Freshman QB Katin Houser today against the fightin Gap Tooth Wiggers of Rutgers.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
11 of 18 for 92 and score in the air and 6 for 29 and score rushing.

Is it his first start?

I believe so. Wouldn't be surprised if their asian QB goes into the transfer portal and Ferentz decides to pick him up j/k.

woody39

Mentor
I believe so. Wouldn't be surprised if their asian QB goes into the transfer portal and Ferentz decides to pick him up j/k.
Lol! A clueless but unsuprisingly possible move :rolleyes:

If only iowa could sort out their offense.....don't understand how they are so inept all the time. Maybe it is young Ferentz's fault, Macnamara I always rated but he looked like a fish out of water in his system

Rocky B

Master
The seldom used Samson Evans had a 19 yard TD run for EMU.
Flipping between that and Georgia. I saw Bowers get dinged up and the announcers praising Ladd, as mentioned.....I’m rooting for some Cash Jones carries. He’s listed third on the depth chart according to our lads. The other two are seniors, Jones will certainly get passed up next year for some up and coming upsider, but I hope I’m wrong.....
I’ll be watching Navy, featuring Alex Tecza, at 2:00.....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I turned on the Georgia game early in the second quarter and twice heard the play by play announcer say that Bowers "goes a hundred miles an hour." Not that he's a great athlete and maybe a peerless one in the entire country this year, just that he goes a hundred miles an hour. Apparently that's an upgrade on the traditional "non-stop motor," carries a lunchpail, overachiever, etc.

There's always a black player each year who is hyped as an unprecedented athlete for his position. Usually it's a running back or quarterback or a defensive player, but in 2021 it was TE Kyle Pitts, who had a very good rookie season but last year and so far this year has looked like a bust. I'll be watching to see if Brock Bowers gets similar treatment to what Pitts received for the '24 or '25 draft. Well, not really as I've been following this for so long I can already write the articles that will appear.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Looks bad he limped off to the locker rooms with someone couldn't do it unaided either.

Not a good way to start of college football saturday. Georgia is looking great but Bowers is a huge part of that. God speed on
his recovery.

woody39

Mentor
I turned on the Georgia game early in the second quarter and twice heard the play by play announcer say that Bowers "goes a hundred miles an hour." Not that he's a great athlete and maybe a peerless one in the entire country this year, just that he goes a hundred miles an hour. Apparently that's an upgrade on the traditional "non-stop motor," carries a lunchpail, overachiever, etc.

There's always a black player each year who is hyped as an unprecedented athlete for his position. Usually it's a running back or quarterback or a defensive player, but in 2021 it was TE Kyle Pitts, who had a very good rookie season but last year and so far this year has looked like a bust. I'll be watching to see if Brock Bowers gets similar treatment to what Pitts received for the '24 or '25 draft. Well, not really as I've been following this for so long I can already write the articles that will appear.
Agreed! Couldn't put it better myself so won't bother lol!

woody39

Mentor
Beck just threw and Int looked like a pick six for Vanderbilt then out of no where he smashed the swfejder our of bounds near the goalline amazing!

jphoss

Mentor
Beck just threw and Int looked like a pick six for Vanderbilt then out of no where he smashed the swfejder our of bounds near the goalline amazing!
Sucks that db got injured but that was one of the most pathetic returns i’ve ever seen from a db. He should’ve got into the end zone with ease instead got destroyed by the qb

woody39

Mentor
Great three touchdown performances from McCord for Ohio State and JJ McCarthy for Michigan today early in blowouts! Let's hope this sets up the day for good performances across the board for us.