2017 NFL Draft

PHillisFan

Master
I've seen a couple of mocks showing McCaffrey going to Seattle. I hope this does not happen. Seattle is one of the most loathsome franchises there is.

PHillisFan

Master
Saw this on weenie world:

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are "all over" North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky, who is expected to declare for the 2017 NFL draft.

A fourth-year junior who started only one year for the Tar Heels, Trubisky threw for 28 touchdowns and only four interceptions in the 2016 regular season, leading UNC to a December 30 Sun Bowl date with Stanford. "The Jets are all over this kid," said a rival scout. "All over him. They'll probably deny it if you ask, but they love that kid. That's their guy. They're not going to get him though, because I think that kid is going to get over-drafted." The Jets are expected to have a top-six pick, but not in the top three, where Trubisky may ultimately go if he shines in the Sun Bowl and when NFL coaches begin grinding college tape.

My take is that I hope Trubisky declares - Switzer is gone as well. This is a weak QB class and he could be the first QB selected. Although only a one year starter he did play and see snaps in his previous two seasons as well. I really don't think the Jets should be looking at him. They would be wise to see how Petty ends the season (he is getting a 4 game audition). The Jets have one of the most talentless rosters in the league and need to rebuild. They would be wise to sign Cutler or Romo as a bridge QB if they decide not to go with Petty (and let Hackenberg develop). It seems that anytime I read about the Jets qbs they all write Hack off as an unquestioned bust (the kid is 21 years old - he can afford to sit for another season to get acclimated to the pro game).

I am not sure why they are so soon to write off Petty. Kid showed some grit in his comeback vs 49ers. He can also run the option.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am not sure why they are so soon to write off Petty. Kid showed some grit in his comeback vs 49ers. He can also run the option.

Petty showed more competitiveness in that start than I ever saw from Smiff in his 30 starts for the Jets. Petty is also a bigger, more athletic, more talented QB than Smiff ever was. The Jets would be wise to give Petty a fair shake.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Agreed on the Petty situation! Bears or Cards should give Trubisky a look. I even noticed McGay only had 1 QB(Trubisky)in his latest of far too many mock drafts.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Agreed on the Petty situation! Bears or Cards should give Trubisky a look. I even noticed McGay only had 1 QB(Trubisky)in his latest of far too many mock drafts.

I'd rather see Barkley battle out with Hoyer next year in Chicago with Barkley winning out. I don't trust Arians will be the AZ coach once Palmer hangs it up. Arians does not strike me as a QB developer. My ideal would be Buffalo cleaning house and deciding to build around Trubisky. Any where a white QB displaces a black QB is an ideal scenario.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'd rather see Barkley battle out with Hoyer next year in Chicago with Barkley winning out. I don't trust Arians will be the AZ coach once Palmer hangs it up. Arians does not strike me as a QB developer. My ideal would be Buffalo cleaning house and deciding to build around Trubisky. Any where a white QB displaces a black QB is an ideal scenario.

Really hoping Buffalo cleans house as well. Not sold on Barkley yet, but admittedly haven't seen much of him this year. I will say he's played much better than Jay Cutler, he's accurate and hasn't made bad mistakes, he's been keeping Chicago competitive. This weekend in Chicago will be a big test for him battling a surging Packers team in frigid temperatures.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Westerkamp tore his meniscus - out for about 3 months so he misses his bowl game, the shrine game and combine...:grazy:

TwentyTwo

Master
This Mock Draft has McCaffrey going 31st pick of the 1st Round to New England! PERFECT spot...w Blount Thunder n Lightning 1-2 Punch! Brady could have a Farve-like season at age 40...Gronk gets his back right hopefully...Hogan a legit vertical threat w tough man Edelman & this offense will truly be a Machine...

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This Mock Draft has McCaffrey going 31st pick of the 1st Round to New England! PERFECT spot...w Blount Thunder n Lightning 1-2 Punch! Brady could have a Farve-like season at age 40...Gronk gets his back right hopefully...Hogan a legit vertical threat w tough man Edelman & this offense will truly be a Machine...

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

Of course he would be mocked to the Pats lol. I see Green Bay as another logical option.
Christian will be an interesting case study just because he plays a taboo position and is widely regarded as an elite player. The analysis of him will probably be totally written in caste speak but Mccaffrey has spoken out on being a white rb and has forced the uncomfortable conversation on the caste media to basically agree he is a superior athlete or find ways to denigrate him. I think there will be a lot of fans to call out the draft experts this year for their negative spin on Christian's athleticism and stating that they use certain words for white players. Could be something to capitalize on for us as we try to get the word out.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Caste clown Daniel Jeremiah is intrigued by Tiffin QB.. LOL No white QB at D2 level would get a look with his size(6 ft 210). These guys are desperate losers!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Caste clown Daniel Jeremiah is intrigued by Tiffin QB.. LOL No white QB at D2 level would get a look with his size(6 ft 210). These guys are desperate losers!

Yea it is a joke. A division 2 black quarterback invited to the Senior Bowl. Give me a break. The Bills will probably draft him.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yea it is a joke. A division 2 black quarterback invited to the Senior Bowl. Give me a break. The Bills will probably draft him.

The other AA QB Bucky Brooks was hyping up from Gambling put up a whopping 10 points in their pathetic bowl game they played yesterday. The agenda is being ramped up despite the majority of their black QB prospects being colossal busts !

Shadowlight

Master
Christian McCaffrey announced he will not be playing in the Sun Bowl vs North Carolina. He wants to prepare for the NFL draft. I think this is going to become a trend of sorts as players weigh their risks and rewards status. For locks like McCaffrey we could see a lot more of this. Remember star ND LB Jaylon Smith suffered a devastating knee injury in his bowl game last season. It sucks we don't get to see Christian Mac play his final game but it also indicates he is taking this NFL thing very seriously which is a good sign. With his dad helping him out Christian is preparing for a long and fruitful NFL career.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Christian McCaffrey announced he will not be playing in the Sun Bowl vs North Carolina. He wants to prepare for the NFL draft. I think this is going to become a trend of sorts as players weigh their risks and rewards status. For locks like McCaffrey we could see a lot more of this. Remember star ND LB Jaylon Smith suffered a devastating knee injury in his bowl game last season. It sucks we don't get to see Christian Mac play his final game but it also indicates he is taking this NFL thing very seriously which is a good sign. With his dad helping him out Christian is preparing for a long and fruitful NFL career.

I am disappointed I won't get to watch him one last time but understand the decision.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some more Shrine Game attendees have been announced:

QB Alex Torgersen Penn
TEs Scott Orndoff Pitt, Colin Jeter LSU, Taylor McNamara USC
OTs Storm Norton Toledo and Sean Harlow Oregon St

So many white DBs are being ignored - No Musso, Barton, Steelhammer, Haines have received invites yet. Proof positive of the existence of the caste system.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bob McGinn has an article up previewing the draft. It is full of anonymous scouts speaking in caste speak. No mention of many of the great white players who will be part of this draft cycle. Real predictable stuff.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...-class-running-backs-may-best-draft/95521504/

As for Butt, another senior, one scout said, “He’s more of your traditional tight end. He’s tight in his hips and shoulders. I see him in the third round.” - Of course he has tight hips - he's white!

South Alabama’s Gerald Everett (6-3, 242) and Mississippi’s Evan Engram (6-3, 235) are receiving tight ends that probably will never be effective as in-line blockers.

“Everett fits the mold of a Jordan Reed,” said one scout. “He’s rare post-catch. Eric Ebron had a little bit of that. He can be a mismatch weapon. - Comparing a player to Eric Ebron - is that really a compliment? Ebron has not lived up to being drafted as the 10th pick at all yet this is a good comparison?

Senior Vince Biegel (6-3, 245) of Wisconsin is headed for the mid-rounds, according to one scout. “He may be too small,” said a scout for a 3-4 team, “but he plays hard.” - 6'3 245 is too small for a linebacker. Give me a break.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Predictable and beyond annoying.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Trubisky rec'd a first round grade if he decides to declare.

North Carolina redshirt junior QB Mitch Trubisky revealed that he has received a first-round grade from the college advisory committee.

"I’m not letting it take up too much of my time or letting it stress me out that much," Trubisky said, adding, "I’m just trying to gain as much information as possible and trying to figure out what’s best for me, but at the same time, just staying focused for the bowl game." The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder is expected to make his draft decision once UNC has squared off with Stanford in the Sun Bowl on December 30. Last week, a rival scout forwarded to the New York Daily News that the Jets are currently hot for Trubisky, saying that they "love that kid" and "[t]hat's their guy." He could potentially be the first quarterback off the board come the spring draft. In 12 games this season, Trubisky has thrown for 3,468 yards while posting a 28/4 TD/INT ratio.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Bob McGinn has an article up previewing the draft. It is full of anonymous scouts speaking in caste speak. No mention of many of the great white players who will be part of this draft cycle. Real predictable stuff.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...-class-running-backs-may-best-draft/95521504/

As for Butt, another senior, one scout said, “He’s more of your traditional tight end. He’s tight in his hips and shoulders. I see him in the third round.” - Of course he has tight hips - he's white!

Tight in the shoulders. That's a new one.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Players that have yet to receive an invite to a post season bowl game off the top of my head:

WR Drew Morgan
WR Tanner Gentry
WR Jake Maulhardt
DL Pat O'Connor
DL Joe Ostman
DL Jake Repogle
DL Hunter Dmick
LB Ben Boulware
LB Richie Brown
DB Leo Musso
DB Weston Steelhammer
DB Tony Anesse
DB Taylor Barton
DB Dylan Haines
DB Dallas Lloyd
DB Zach Hoffpauir

More evidence of the caste system in play and the filtering out of white players as the draft process commences

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking over the Senior Bowl roster Phil Savage is doing his best to get as many sumo o-linemen into the league as well. So far only 6 white offensive linemen have received invites. USC Uber Sumo OT Zach Banner has been invited but his much better, more athletic white teammate LT Chad Wheeler has yet to be invited. I believe the senior bowl has 110 players on the roster and so far 86 have been invited. We better hope the next few waves of announcements feature a lot of our guys. I know it's a waste of time to vent like this prior to rosters being announced but to see the blatant exclusion of players because they are white really ticks me off.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Contradictory caste statements - the NFC Scout says he is athletic but lance zerlein claims he isn't the physical prototype is not what teams look for. Amazing how much they spin this stuff. The guy is an elite LT and 6'6 313 lbs. Not sure why that is not the physical prototype. Oh wait it is because he isn't black.

The scoop:
"He's really athletic and he's really smart. There are a lot of Wisconsin linemen who start in the league because they learn an NFL system and they are taught the right way. He played against Arden Key (LSU), Sam Hubbard (Ohio State) and Taco Charlton (Michigan). This guy is battle tested against three future first-rounders." -- NFC scout on Wisconsin left tackle Ryan Ramczyk

The skinny: While Ramczyk has yet to announce his intentions for the 2017 draft, the decision might have become clouded, as it was reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he will have surgery on a torn labrum in his hip after the season was over. The recovery time for that injury could cause Ramczyk to miss not only the NFL Scouting Combine, but also any potential pro-day workouts as well. There is no way to know what the medical findings would be at the combine, but he's impressed scouts with his performance in matchups against the aforementioned edge rushers. Ramzcyk isn't the physical prototype that teams typically look for, but his technique and play attributes are top notch.