2017 NFL Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Contradictory caste statements - the NFC Scout says he is athletic but lance zerlein claims he isn't the physical prototype is not what teams look for. Amazing how much they spin this stuff. The guy is an elite LT and 6'6 313 lbs. Not sure why that is not the physical prototype. Oh wait it is because he isn't black.

The scoop:
"He's really athletic and he's really smart. There are a lot of Wisconsin linemen who start in the league because they learn an NFL system and they are taught the right way. He played against Arden Key (LSU), Sam Hubbard (Ohio State) and Taco Charlton (Michigan). This guy is battle tested against three future first-rounders." -- NFC scout on Wisconsin left tackle Ryan Ramczyk

The skinny: While Ramczyk has yet to announce his intentions for the 2017 draft, the decision might have become clouded, as it was reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he will have surgery on a torn labrum in his hip after the season was over. The recovery time for that injury could cause Ramczyk to miss not only the NFL Scouting Combine, but also any potential pro-day workouts as well. There is no way to know what the medical findings would be at the combine, but he's impressed scouts with his performance in matchups against the aforementioned edge rushers. Ramzcyk isn't the physical prototype that teams typically look for, but his technique and play attributes are top notch.

Lol so even though the NFC Scout calls Ramzcyk smart and really athletic, Zeirlein doesn't think he fits most teams prototype.. Right.. Teams aren't interested in 6'6 313 athletic giants?! Only if they're white apparently. Another perfect example of the lunacy of the current system!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Players that have yet to receive an invite to a post season bowl game off the top of my head:

WR Drew Morgan
WR Tanner Gentry
WR Jake Maulhardt
DL Pat O'Connor
DL Joe Ostman
DL Jake Repogle
DL Hunter Dmick
LB Ben Boulware
LB Richie Brown
DB Leo Musso
DB Weston Steelhammer
DB Tony Anesse
DB Taylor Barton
DB Dylan Haines
DB Dallas Lloyd
DB Zach Hoffpauir

More evidence of the caste system in play and the filtering out of white players as the draft process commences

DLs Pat O'Connor and Dylan Donahue have been invited to NFLPA game. Hoping some of these other guys on this list get their shot, they're more than deserving of post season all star game recognition!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
QB Nick Mullens, Safety Weston Steelhammer and DT Matt Godin invited to the Shrine Game

Nice! Just had to do a quick search on Matt Godin. Didn't realize he's from Michigan and is a big bodied guy(6'6 280). Decent production but he's probably benefiting from Harbaugh effect and is fortunate to get an invite. Not to cut him down, happy for the guy but his stats are pretty average compared to some of our guys with off the chain production that get ignored .

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nice! Just had to do a quick search on Matt Godin. Didn't realize he's from Michigan and is a big bodied guy(6'6 280). Decent production but he's probably benefiting from Harbaugh effect and is fortunate to get an invite. Not to cut him down, happy for the guy but his stats are pretty average compared to some of our guys with off the chain production that get ignored .

Maybe he has "dat upside" lol. Hopefully he can make the most of this. Hunter Dmick still has no invite to the senior bowl.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Maybe he has "dat upside" lol. Hopefully he can make the most of this. Hunter Dmick still has no invite to the senior bowl.

Lol right maybe he gets the "brutha" pass since he played his HS Football in Detroit. Cheering for him as well, we need as many pale faces along DL in the league as we can get. Dmick is perfect example of what I was talking about in my prior post!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lol right maybe he gets the "brutha" pass since he played his HS Football in Detroit. Cheering for him as well, we need as many pale faces along DL in the league as we can get. Dmick is perfect example of what I was talking about in my prior post!

Repogle with no invite yet either is surprising. PFF was high on him all season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Repogle with no invite yet either is surprising. PFF was high on him all season.

PFF is right! He's been Purdue's best player for last couple years imo.

*This is totally off topic but I have a feeling Musso, Haines, Barton, etc are going to get completely ignored like our guys from recent past like Purdue's Ball Hawking Safety Landon Feichtner, Iowa's Brett Greenwood, and Nebraska's Matt O'Hanlon, and so on...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Some bad news here... Westerkamp will miss his teams bowl game and the NFL Combine to rehab from an injury. It was a pleasure watching him in college, good luck to him defying the odds at next level.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some bad news here... Westerkamp will miss his teams bowl game and the NFL Combine to rehab from an injury. It was a pleasure watching him in college, good luck to him defying the odds at next level.

That's too bad about Westerkamp. It will take a miracle for him to get drafted now. The injury bug is hurting the WR position for our guys - first Cracraft and now Westerkamp.

I hope overlooked Gentry, Reily, Maulhardt and Sperbeck all get combine invites. Gentry should be getting a huge buzz because he has been such a dominant WR all season and capped it off with a great bowl performance.

An article on Trubisky who has yet to declare. It's great to see he is the best QB prospect in this draft over the black quarterbacks. I would rather see Cleveland and the 49ers get the black quarterbacks though. Cleveland could see another situation where the black quarterback gets beat out by the boring white QB just like in Washington with the Gremlin and Cousins (but in this case Kessler would take on the Cousins role).

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/...fords-sun-bowl-bowl-opponent-a-perfect-match/

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
LSU C Ethan Pocic the only white player announced this week for the senior bowl (a white long snapper was as well but I am not counting that). Their are 18 players left to be announced to bring it to 110. Hopefully we see our overlooked guys like Dmick, Brown, Boulware, Wheeler get their invites.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I didn't realize Pitt LB Matt Galambos was a senior. He should be getting a post season bowl invite and combine invite as well. Very good LB - the NFL could use more "tackling machines"

I've seen a couple of mock drafts showing McCaffrey to the Raiders. I hope that doesn't happen - a White player in a Caste-forbidden position needs a support network of fellow Whites in the locker room. McCaffrey in Oakland would likely be subject to a large amount of abuse and backstabbing by his own "teammates."

If McCaffrey is going as a late first-rounder, Green Bay would be the ideal place for him to land. A (relatively) White-friendly team in need of a running game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen a couple of mock drafts showing McCaffrey to the Raiders. I hope that doesn't happen - a White player in a Caste-forbidden position needs a support network of fellow Whites in the locker room. McCaffrey in Oakland would likely be subject to a large amount of abuse and backstabbing by his own "teammates."

If McCaffrey is going as a late first-rounder, Green Bay would be the ideal place for him to land. A (relatively) White-friendly team in need of a running game.

It'll be as bad or worse than when Matt Jones was drafted by Jacksonville, then annually the blackest team in the league, and also coached by Black Jack Del Rio. With his laid back personality, Jones never had a chance on that team.

McCaffrey's straight-arrow personality would seem to be a good match with New England, the closest thing the NFL has to a "throwback" franchise. Lagarrette Blount will turn 31 next season and is prone to trouble on and off the field, would be great to see either Christian or Rex Burkhead become a Patriot.

Tannehill17

Mentor
"DeShone Kizer and Mitch Trubisky will be interesting debate leading up the 2017 NFL Draft. Thus far, I've heard more team sources higher on Kizer because they prefer his skill set."

If there is any doubt the caste system exists, it's THIS quote. What the hell are these scouts watching?!? A college QB completing less than 60% of his passes (as well as several games where he was sub-50%) is God awful! If Kizer couldn't be productive in college, how the hell is he going to be productive in the NFL. It's simply mind-blowing! I get the whole "upside" thing but good lord, this just makes me so ******* angry!

CrazyFinn

Mentor
Yes, McCaffrey going to an all-black team like the Raiders would be a disaster. A team/coach with a history of being fair to white players would be an ideal destination. GB, NE, DEN (with Kubiak) come to mind right away.

Now, from the "Bigunrealitis" department, an equally worse possibility is him being drafted by a team like AZ, ATL, DAL, MIA, etc, teams who have solid starting RBs and it would be Toby Gerhart all over again.

I did see another mock with McCaffrey to the Broncos. The good thing about that is he'll be an earlier draft pick if it's the first round. I think it had him at #16 overall.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Butt has an acl or mcl tear. This draft may rival 2015 for the worst in recent memory.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-never-heard-of-louisiana-techs-trent-taylor

Here's an awesome article on Trent Taylor from Bleacher Report. Titled the best College football player you've never heard of ( I wonder why ). At one point the writer say's he only got one scholarship offer because he's 5'8. Which is total BS we all know it was because he's a white wide receiver. All in all a good article by a big media outlet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-never-heard-of-louisiana-techs-trent-taylor

Here's an awesome article on Trent Taylor from Bleacher Report. Titled the best College football player you've never heard of ( I wonder why ). At one point the writer say's he only got one scholarship offer because he's 5'8. Which is total BS we all know it was because he's a white wide receiver. All in all a good article by a big media outlet.

Same situation as was brought up in the Russell Wilson discussion in the other thread. Whatever credit Wilson is due for his successes, a White quarterback with his height of 5'10" never would have gotten the opportunities that Wilson has had.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Senior Bowl has 5 white QBs attending and the Shrine game has 6. I believe that Leidner, Gustafson, McGuire are all going to the NFLPA bowl. Overlooked QB Ryan Higgins who was elite in his one year as a starter for La Tech has not received an invite to any post season all star bowl for the draft.

I really hope Trubisky decides to declare as he immediately becomes the best overall QB in this class.