2016 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The combine circus starts tomorrow. Just read that Kevin Hogan - one of my fav qbs but one who I openly said would
be criticized for his throwing motion has apparently cleaned up his mechanics and is viewed as a rising prospect. I am interested to see how he tests out athletically because he was one of the most athletic qbs in the country during his time at Stanford.

During the combine I am sure he will be described as "more athletic than you would think", "deceptively athletic", "more athletic than he gets credit for" etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he runs in the 4.6 range.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Hogan is a good athlete. I saw so many games this year where he just took off and ran the ball. He was a combo of a dual threat and drop back passer. It's hard to classify him. I think the fact that he wore the knee brace in college made him appear slower than he actually was. I could see a time of 4.6 to 4.7 in the 40.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Agreed Hogan will test well. He's very similar in build and athleticism to Luck. Luck obviously has better arm talent but Hogan is no slouch!

Hogan 6'4 225 4.6/4.7 30inch vert? (All estimated)
Luck 6'4 235 4.67 36inch vert (better than Cam Newton )

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Bills have drafted 10 Guards/Tackles since 2010. 2 have been white and were drafted in the 6th and 7th round. Whaley has been in Buffalo since 2010 - interesting. The players listed in the article below are very mediocre yet their skin allowed them the privilege of being able to play in the NFL without much criticism of their ability (or lack thereof).

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/0...ne-look-to-big-ten-for-offensive-line-talent/

Also, Laquon Treadwell has decided not to run at the combine - perhaps he is scared he will run slow, I guess he didn't get the memo that he can run a 4.7 and be a top 10 pick - it doesn't matter because of dat upside.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Posting this article for Tannehill17 - the resident Dolphins fan.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article61765962.html

The last couple sentences are very laughable:

The argument for the Dolphins selecting Stanley: He is probably the second-best tackle in the draft.

But he plays a position where the Dolphins don't have an apparent need, unless they move one of their tackles to guard.

- Stanley is not the second best tackle in the draft - he is overrated
- The Dolphins o-line is a mess and has been for awhile with constant sumo draft picks that have not worked out

I also found it laughable that the writer thinks the Dolphins should entertain drafting an LB that will not play at all this year. I guess it makes since because the WR they drafted last year in the 1st round was injured all year and did not impress when he played at the end of the year. And who could forget their 2013 draft pick Dion Jordan who is looking to become one of the all time busts.

Shadowlight

Master
I know Leonardfan and Celtic will be on top of the combine. We need big stuff--especially the 40 and then behind that the vertical and broad jump. Last year was mediocre with some good linebacker times but Davis Tull stole the show. This year we need to be better and I suspect some improvement. I long for a Ryan Swope like 4.3 from somebody but they decided not to invite those white guys. Still breakout stuff will get the needed attention. Breakdown of breakout 40's---
QBs-Anything 4.5 or 4.6 is worthy.
TEs -4.5 - low 4.6
FBs- like QBs
LBs -4.5- to low 4.6
DEs- 4.6 to 4.7
Wrs- 4.4 to low 4.5
As for vertical anything over 37 inches rates well.
There are no Dbs - thanks a lot a -holes who decide these things
Also a punter who runs a 4.5 should be noted sometimes they don't run 40s.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I know Leonardfan and Celtic will be on top of the combine. We need big stuff--especially the 40 and then behind that the vertical and broad jump. Last year was mediocre with some good linebacker times but Davis Tull stole the show. This year we need to be better and I suspect some improvement. I long for a Ryan Swope like 4.3 from somebody but they decided not to invite those white guys. Still breakout stuff will get the needed attention. Breakdown of breakout 40's---
QBs-Anything 4.5 or 4.6 is worthy.
TEs -4.5 - low 4.6
FBs- like QBs
LBs -4.5- to low 4.6
DEs- 4.6 to 4.7
Wrs- 4.4 to low 4.5
As for vertical anything over 37 inches rates well.
There are no Dbs - thanks a lot a -holes who decide these things
Also a punter who runs a 4.5 should be noted sometimes they don't run 40s.

I would be a hypocrite to say I don't get amped up when our guys run a really good 40 time. On the other hand the practical application of the 40 time to football is not a true indicator of "football speed". It does get the most press and fool enough clueless "talent evaluators" into applying the "upside" term to affletes who did not produce in college yet are somehow drafted early and often.

I think this QB class is interesting. Goff is a pure pocket passer, from what I watched of him he does not use his feet to escape trouble. Wentz on the other hand is "dual threat" as he operated a vertical offense at NDSU but also ran a decent amount - a 4.6 40 time for him would be outstanding. Lynch is somewhere between Goff and Wentz, I feel he is more of a Big Ben style player who is able to evade pocket pressure and make throws downfield. A 40 time for Hogan in the 4.6 range would be great as it will give proof that he is a great runner (since his over 1000 career rushing yards isn't enough). Other QBs like Cook and Hackenberg - it won't matter much for them either as they are pocket guys (although Cook showed some good running ability when I watched MSU games).

The 40 for FBs will be important - Dan Vitale showed well at the Senior Bowl and it sounds like he is getting consideration as a 3rd down back - a 4.5/4.6 40 time would be outstanding for him and his timed speed would validate him in terms of being more than a traditional fullback. Honestly, the player I am most excited to see is Andy Janovich - he looks like the second coming of Peyton Hillis. I think he will be a workout warrior and open eyes at the combine. His lack of college production was mostly due to not being used by the dope Bo Pelini. Mike Riley spoke highly of him this season and when he put him in the game Janovich produced.

The story of the TE position this year is that it is not deep and does not have any "athletes" ie. blacks. If Hunter Henry and Austin Hooper run in the 4.6 range that should solidify them as potential 1st round/early 2nd round picks. If Vannett runs a solid 40 it should help him get a 3rd round stamp.

As for the TWO WRs - Spruce and Cajuste the 40 is important because Spruce is viewed as a "possession" WR - ideally running in the 4.4s for him would be ideal. Cajuste is viewed as a "tweener" since he is a big bodied WR who happens to be white. Everyone seems to think he needs to convert to H-Back or Tight End. Remember that Kelvin Benjamin 4.61 and Devin Funchess 4.7 both ran slow at the combine and were high round picks - If Cajuste runs either faster than both of them or in the 4.6 range it should help him. Remember that Swope ran a 4.3 40 and was not picked until like the 6th round anyways.

I think for the DLine a 4.7 - 4.9 is pretty solid and for LB the 4.6 to mid 4.7 range is ok.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Posting this article for Tannehill17 - the resident Dolphins fan.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article61765962.html

The last couple sentences are very laughable:

The argument for the Dolphins selecting Stanley: He is probably the second-best tackle in the draft.

But he plays a position where the Dolphins don't have an apparent need, unless they move one of their tackles to guard.

- Stanley is not the second best tackle in the draft - he is overrated
- The Dolphins o-line is a mess and has been for awhile with constant sumo draft picks that have not worked out

I also found it laughable that the writer thinks the Dolphins should entertain drafting an LB that will not play at all this year. I guess it makes since because the WR they drafted last year in the 1st round was injured all year and did not impress when he played at the end of the year. And who could forget their 2013 draft pick Dion Jordan who is looking to become one of the all time busts.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mike Mayock has compared Carson Wentz to Andrew Luck. It's amazing how quickly they forget. Luck was the best prospect since Peyton Manning - a once in a generation talent. I have nothing against Wentz and I think he has the chance to be very good but as a prospect he is not at all comparable to Luck. Every time one of these "experts" speak they continue to lose a little more of their ever waning credibility and just waste air with their mumbling.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Mayock has compared Carson Wentz to Andrew Luck. It's amazing how quickly they forget. Luck was the best prospect since Peyton Manning - a once in a generation talent. I have nothing against Wentz and I think he has the chance to be very good but as a prospect he is not at all comparable to Luck. Every time one of these "experts" speak they continue to lose a little more of their ever waning credibility and just waste air with their mumbling.

Yes that is a bit of a stretch with that comparison but I will take any positive press we can get for our guys. Wentz is a physical specimen. He can make all the throws, has a great arm and a nice touch to go with his running ability. Also he is built alot like Big Ben, so he will not be an easy guy to sack. I would love to see Wentz go to the Texans.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good article on Michigan St. Center Jack Allen. He's 6'1 295 they say he's undersized but he's strong and moves well. He'd be ideal center in a zone scheme. 4 year starter at State, 47 games started. I've noticed recently in the draft the trend is to shun centers until late rounds (usually white guys David Andrews,Ben Jones,few other SEC guys I can't think off top of my head.) and over draft any black Tackle over 6'5.. They have projected as 7th rounder. Absolutely a steal if he goes that late.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/02/2016-nfl-draft-player-profiles-michigan-state-c-jack-allen/

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm guessing Daniel Lasco is a something like a Quadroon but he is the only White looking tailback that is getting any consideration to be drafted. Anybody know anything about him?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm guessing Daniel Lasco is a something like a Quadroon but he is the only White looking tailback that is getting any consideration to be drafted. Anybody know anything about him?

He's not white so honestly I don't care. If he were considered white he would have never been offered a scholarship to cal.

Janovich and Vitale both put up 30 reps
in the bench press today. Tied for the best of any RB

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
He's not white so honestly I don't care. If he were considered white he would have never been offered a scholarship to cal.

Janovich and Vitale both put up 30 reps
in the bench press today. Tied for the best of any RB

Awesome bench numbers for those guys. Started off the combine strong now they need to run fast!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I've been expecting the mainstream media to try to tear down Bosa. It's what they do to white players.

Now they're saying that Bosa has major character issues without actually saying what those character issues might be.

This is a typical tactic used by the left. They make damaging proclamations with no basis. The gullible believe everything they hear, so the tactic works on many.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The racial agenda so far:

- Attack Jared Goff and Hackenberg about their handsize
- The media created Connor Cook character assassination to destroy his draft stock while building up black QBs. Draft experts pushing Dak Prescott over him and black QB "Guru" George Whitfield saying that the overrated oaf Cardale Jones has the best arm he has ever seen from a QB he has worked with
- The only two franchise left tackles are Tunsil and Stanley (both black). Dominant Jack Conklin and Taylor Decker should be moved inside, Cody Whitehair should also move inside from LT in college to center. It seems that more and more all white o-linemen are only interior o-linemen with a large proportion of them at the center position. Looks like a case of squeezing out white o-linemen all together if possible.
- Cajuste is too big to be a WR - needs to be an h-back/TE convert although he weighs less than Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess.
- All the draft dweeb cucks getting aroused over hand size have not mentioned that Nelson Spruce has 10" inch hands and caught everything thrown to him in college
- The TE class is underwhelming and lacking of any real athletes

Amazingly enough Carson Wentz is being widely praised. He is having a good combine thus far in his handling of the media. His self-confidence is through the roof as is his humility. Really becoming a fan of this kid as I get to learn more about him and see how he handles himself.

Whites dominated the bench press today and I read a "tweet" from a draft "expert" that spoke with an anonymous scout that said the bench press is the most useless drill. Also, the arm length that is supposedly so integral in being a tackle is also an excuse when black linemen do not have as many reps in the bench press.

I really hope Janovich and Vitale continue to perform well. I read one report where they were separated from the "real" running backs when discussing their domination in the bench press.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

- The media created Connor Cook character assassination to destroy his draft stock while building up black QBs. Draft experts pushing Dak Prescott over him and black QB "Guru" George Whitfield saying that the overrated oaf Cardale Jones has the best arm he has ever seen from a QB he has worked with
- The only two franchise left tackles are Tunsil and Stanley (both black). Dominant Jack Conklin and Taylor Decker should be moved inside, Cody Whitehair should also move inside from LT in college to center. It seems that more and more all white o-linemen are only interior o-linemen with a large proportion of them at the center position. Looks like a case of squeezing out white o-linemen all together if possible.
- Cajuste is too big to be a WR - needs to be an h-back/TE convert although he weighs less than Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess.
- All the draft dweeb cucks getting aroused over hand size have not mentioned that Nelson Spruce has 10" inch hands and caught everything thrown to him in college

Amazingly enough Carson Wentz is being widely praised. He is having a good combine thus far in his handling of the media. His self-confidence is through the roof as is his humility. Really becoming a fan of this kid as I get to learn more about him and see how he handles himself.

Whites dominated the bench press today and I read a "tweet" from a draft "expert" that spoke with an anonymous scout that said the bench press is the most useless drill. Also, the arm length that is supposedly so integral in being a tackle is also an excuse when black linemen do not have as many reps in the bench press.

I really hope Janovich and Vitale continue to perform well. I read one report where they were separated from the "real" running backs when discussing their domination in the bench press.

Excellent summary every word you typed is the absolute truth.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
On a side note have any of the countless black sumo OL being forced fed into the league last few years made any sort of impact?! High probability of being busts.

RTTAS

Guru
On a side note have any of the countless black sumo OL being forced fed into the league last few years made any sort of impact?! High probability of being busts.

I'll use the AP+PFWA+SN First-Team All-Pro teams and PFWA All-Rookie team as a guide, with the fractions being white/total. This is classing guys like Vasquez, Pouncey, Iupati, and Mawae as non-white.
2015 - 6/7 All-Pro, 4/5 All-Rookie - despite 7 black OL being taken in the first 34 picks against the one white OL in Scherff.
2014 - 5/8 All-Pro, 4/5 All-Rookie
2013 - 7/10 All-Pro, 3/5 All-Rookie
2012 - 4/9 All-Pro, 3/4 All-Rookie
2011 - 3/7 All-Pro, 3/5 All-Rookie
2010 - 5/7 All-Pro, 1/5 All-Rookie
2009 - 4/6 All-Pro, 2/5 All-Rookie
2008 - 5/6 All-Pro, 3/5 All-Rookie

So overall, 39/60 All-Pro (65%) and 23/39 All-Rookie (59%). Despite the huge amount of black OL being brought/forced into the league over recent seasons, they are not making nearly as big of an impact as their white counterparts, the gap being very pronounced over the last few seasons, with 72% All-Pro and 73% of All-Rookie being white the last three years.

white is right

Hall of Famer

Yes it is the upper body strength exercise should be the snatch. I think they do the bench press because it's easy to learn and safer for a prospect to do. What I don't get is how they allow cheating non controlled reps to count. I recall guys failing fitness tests with reps like that in gym class for push ups. I had one gym teacher quip that the girls class was in another room to one man boobed guy who couldn't do one controlled push up......

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jack Conklin runs a sub 5.00 40 - he is an absolute beast and very athletic. The slowest is group one is an SEC sumo with a 5.56