2016 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Listening to these idiots talk about Stanley and his lack of core strength and making excuses for him saying he can get stronger in the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bucky Brooks just said that Conklin probably tested out better than most people expected.

I am just going to keep tracking these anti-white statements I hear when watching the combine.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Janovich ran a 4.79 so he is more than likely not getting drafted. Vitale ran a 4.62 though

Vitale definitely tested out very well as a power/3rd down running back.

6'0 240
4.6 40
38.5 vert!
10.2 broad jump
30 bench reps

Janovich didn't run as fast as we had hoped,but tested out good on everything else! An undersized but athletic Hback !

6'1 238
4.8 40
34 inch vert
9.9 broad jump
30 reps bench press

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pretty good day for several of our guys:

Jason Spriggs tested really well - solidifying his first round status. Reminds me alot of the uber-athletic Nate Solder
Jack Conklin should honestly be a top 15 pick - he is more athletic and talented than either Tunsil or Stanley - the two sumos the "experts" claim are the best LTs in the draft
Cody Whitehair will be moving into guard at the next level but really showed how athletic and talented he was - might be a late first round guy

Dan Vitale ran a sub 4.6 40 and looked really good in all of the drills. He is being typecast as a west coast fullback but his athletic ability should get him bumped up a round or two from where he was projected pre-combine.

Heretic

Master
2zrfcee.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The first group of QBs has run:
Vernon Adams 4.84
Brandon Allen 4.85
Trayvon Boykin 4.78
Jacoby Brisset 4.95
Connoc Cook 4.80
Brandon Doughty 5.23
Jeff Driskel 4.56
Jared Goff 4.83
Christian Hackenberg 4.79

Amazing to see so many of those slow heavy footed pocket passing QBs run better then those black quarterbacks. I think the black quarterbacks might of run themselves right out of being drafted.

Cajuste ran a 4.63 at 234lbs - very well and much better than many of the smaller black WRs.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think Lance Zerlien is one of the biggest white hating draft "experts" - constantly talking up black players and bashing white ones

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I think Lance Zerlien is one of the biggest white hating draft "experts" - constantly talking up black players and bashing white ones

Yes, I noticed that too.

I think Zierlein did the prospect write-ups for NFL.com in 2015. His bias definitely shows.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The white qbs dominated the 40 time yet
they are always labeled as slow footed pocket passing qbs. It's another way the system seems to be working as colleges seem to want to go towards athletic i.e.
Black qbs yet these times prove that the dual threat creation of the scouting services is a myth.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The white qbs dominated the 40 time yet
they are always labeled as slow footed pocket passing qbs. It's another way the system seems to be working as colleges seem to want to go towards athletic i.e.
Black qbs yet these times prove that the dual threat creation of the scouting services is a myth.

For example Joel Stave and Dak Prescott both ran 4.8s!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hogan clocked a 4.8 as well. Driskel a 4.56!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Spruce ran a 4.7 - that probably will kill his chance of getting drafted. Maybe he will get it into the 4.6 range on his second attempt.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Spruce ran a 4.7 - that probably will kill his chance of getting drafted. Maybe he will get it into the 4.6 range on his second attempt.

Damn! Back to back 4.7s.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Listening to these idiots talk about Stanley and his lack of core strength and making excuses for him saying he can get stronger in the NFL.

I watched some of the coverage yesterday, and the Tunsil worship was sickening. A graph was shown noting how Tunsil's height and weight is identical to that of Jason Smith, who was the Tunsil of the '09 draft, going second overall. Daniel Jeremiah kept insisting over and over that Tunsil is guaranteed to be a great player, unlike Smith who was a mega-bust.

Meantime Spriggs looked better than Tunsil -- fast and quick, while Tunsil didn't run the 40, which would be a red flag if he wasn't black.

I always get a kick out of Mayock, Faulk and company oohing and aahing over supposed great "hip movement" by blacks at all positions during drills. It's a purely subjective observation that's never challenged because after all these guys are "experts" -- much like the professional draft "experts" who are so wrong about so many black prospects every year. Meantime, Whites often outshine blacks at the agility drills.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the (so far) consensus "best receiver" in this year's draft, who's afraid to run the 40.

Laquon Treadwell posted a 9-foot-9 broad jump and 33-inch vertical at the Scouting Combine. Both numbers are below average for a top wide receiver. Treadwell decided not to run at the Combine amid concerns he could run as slow as the 4.6s, which would also be well below average. Treadwell consistently won with his size and ball skills in the SEC, but it will be difficult for an organization to invest a high draft pick in at best an "average" athlete. Treadwell needs to shred his Pro Day on March 28.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Spruce ran an official 4.69 and had a 35" vert. Cajuste put on an all around athletic showcase. Hopefully both end up being drafted

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Greg Olsen is a natural at announcing. He's on the NFL Network now as the tight ends run drills. Very knowledgeable and articulate.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Damn! Nelson Spruce ran a poor 4.69.
A team will have to go back to look at his dominant college career to appreciate what a good player he is. I am interested to see what his 3 cone time turns out to be - that could really help him. If he has that change of direction ability and short area quickness whites excel at than I think he can still be viewed as a draftable player by some team. Honestly, I don't see how their isn't a bigger buzz about him considering what he did at a bad program with bad QBs throwing him the ball. A smart team would pick him up in the 3rd round but we all know the plight of white WRs in the NFL. Spruce also has 10" hands (because I guess hand size is only important when it is used to denigrate a white player) but not a word was mentioned of that because it's not something they can use to drag him down a level

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Not the end of the world for Spruce. I've seen a couple people compare him to a bigger Danny Amendola?