2016 NFL Draft

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
No Caputo is a slap in his face. Draft experts have done their best to keep his stock from rising simply by choosing not to recognize him or speak of him. After 2ints in East/West Game it just doesn't make sense.

No Alex Ericksen?! Imo he was the best WR in the Big Ten this past year!

No Tanner McEvoy! Stud athlete flashed on both offense and defense!

Ganus was a stud in the 1st year he was allowed to play in pitch black SEC.

Surprised Jake Coker didn't get an invite.

No Simone or Italiano at safety?!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Was also hoping Ed Eagan would get an invite as well!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I will do a write up of notable snubs later tonight if i get a chance. I am not really surprised at the exlusions though as the combine invite list seems to be very predictable and follow the same script each year.

Sorry if I stole some of the guys on my rant just now!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
QB

Jake Rudock

Jake Coker

Travis Wilson

Matt Johnson

Mike Bercovicci

Taysom Hill

FB

Derek Watt

WR

Daniel Braverman

Alex Erickson

Ed Eagan

Mitch Matthews

Ryan Burbink

Casey Martin

Richard Mullaney

TE

Steven Scheu

Henry Krieger-Coble

DL

Kyle Kragen

Tyler Kuder

Beau Blackshear

Justin Zimmer

Travis Britz

LB

Kevin Anderson

Luke Rhodes

Joe Bolden

Jake Ganus

Joe Schmidt

Joe Walker

Mason Monheim

Desmon Morgan

OL

Ted Karras

Safety

Clayton Fejedelem

Mike Caputo

Tanner McEvoy

Shadowlight

Master
The Leonardfan list says a lot. All sports are trying to eliminate white speed position players and this starts at birth now reinforced by youth coaches and the media. DO NOT DARE RUN FAST WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!The combine leaves out possible speedsters like Braverman, Eagan and safeties McEvoy and Fejedelen. Lots of snubs incl. Ericksen and Casey Martin etc. the list is long . Very disappointed but the extermination of white wrs is growing and pretty soon it will be lights out ala cornerbacks. I hate this trend with a passion. But it is real as the 2016 recruiting class all but eliminates any chances of white wrs making any noise in college.

What are the chances Colorado's Nelson Spruce makes a team this year. I am not sure he will be drafted. It is to bad wr Cooper Kupp is returning for his senior year as he is NFL ready.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What are the chances Colorado's Nelson Spruce makes a team this year. I am not sure he will be drafted. It is to bad wr Cooper Kupp is returning for his senior year as he is NFL ready.

I would say Spruce's draft projections vary from 5th-UDFA. He has to run in the 4.4s to have a shot at getting drafted. Running a 4.5/4.6 for a white WR is slow even though many black WRs run in that range and get drafted early.

I am not ready to look at the 2017 draft in depth but their seem to be quite a few white WRs next year.

Just remember the combine is the last totally controlled event for the caste system to ensure all of the proper racial slotting is in place prior to the draft.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking back at my initial projections for the prospects with the best chance of being drafted from last summer - looks like I was pretty accurate when compared to the combine invite list.

Looking over the list - Drew Ott is still in the process of applying for a medical redshirt which would allow him to go back to school so he will only be participating on a limited basis.

Andy Janovich was a nice surprise - in the Nebraska games I watched he really did flash some very good running ability. I hope he runs in the 4.5 range - it should boost his stock somewhat. Same with Gronkowski who was underutilized at KSU - I think he fits the mold of a short yardage RB - his 40 time will either help or hurt him as well.

I think if teams want a QB - this is the year to do it - next year looks pretty lean at the position. I really like the depth of the QB position this year.

DLine is also a somewhat pleasant surprise - it would be nice to see them all get drafted.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Scouting report of Matt Ioannidis:

BOTTOM LINE
Muscle shark who never shrinks in the face of physicality or doing the dirty work that needs to get done. Ioannidis isn't a bad athlete, he's just a little bit limited due to a lack of twitch. With power and toughness to spare, he is at his best as a block-eating two-gap player who can anchor against the run and who can generate decent push in the pocket when called on as a pass rusher. He has the looks of a starter in a 3-4 defense and a rotational tackle in a 4-3.

WTF does Muscle Shark mean? That is a new one.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Looks like I have baffled or offended a few people with my tweets regarding Boulware. It amazes me how clueless and blind people are.

At least you get them thinking !!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Scouting report of Matt Ioannidis:

BOTTOM LINE
Muscle shark who never shrinks in the face of physicality or doing the dirty work that needs to get done. Ioannidis isn't a bad athlete, he's just a little bit limited due to a lack of twitch. With power and toughness to spare, he is at his best as a block-eating two-gap player who can anchor against the run and who can generate decent push in the pocket when called on as a pass rusher. He has the looks of a starter in a 3-4 defense and a rotational tackle in a 4-3.

WTF does Muscle Shark mean? That is a new one.

Lol definitely a new one. Sounds complimentary compared to some of the drab caste speak we usually hear.(besides the whole lack of twitch thing).Ioannidis is a riser. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 2-4 rd range. His versatility makes him appealing to any team regardless of their scheme. Obviously like to see him end up in GB,NE, Hou,or SD.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I like Ioannidis alot. Reminds me of Henry Anderson (who was the best rookie defensive player before getting injured last season).

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The uptick in OL,DL, and LB is very encouraging. Hope Andersons rehab is going well. You're right he was dominant at times as a rookie!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The uptick in OL,DL, and LB is very encouraging. Hope Andersons rehab is going well. You're right he was dominant at times as a rookie!

The Patriots could use this draft to correct their error filled previous drafts for sure. I do hope the pro days and regional combines will help out some of our snubbed guys.

I was doing a bit of 2017 prospect research and Weston Steelhammer is pretty highly rated. It will be interesting to see if he gets a 1/10th the hype and media notoriety Keenan Reynolds has had (since they are both service academy players).

Riggins44

Master
According to OurLads Green Bay likes Hunter Henry and could be in a position to pick him in the 1st round. If the Pack had Jordy, Janis, Abbrederis, Henry and Kuhn all getting catches they would be in NE territory and would be in a position to return to the Super Bowl.

icsept

Master
Oops! Haha the name gave it away but I'm trying to do all this from my phone. Thanks DD!
Whites with foresight and knowledge of the caste system name their boys Quayvon. It adds 2 stars to their HS rating, gets them into an SEC school, combine invite, NFL draft, and the opportunity to run the football.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
According to OurLads Green Bay likes Hunter Henry and could be in a position to pick him in the 1st round. If the Pack had Jordy, Janis, Abbrederis, Henry and Kuhn all getting catches they would be in NE territory and would be in a position to return to the Super Bowl.

I've been wanting GB to nab a white TE to stretch the field for years now! Hopefully 2016 is the year it happens.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've been wanting GB to nab a white TE to stretch the field for years now! Hopefully 2016 is the year it happens.

It's become a bizarre kind of time-honored taboo in Green Bay for some reason. Mark Chmura was the last good White TE the Packers had and he played last century.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's become a bizarre kind of time-honored taboo in Green Bay for some reason. Mark Chmura was the last good White TE the Packers had and he played last century.

I agree with the both of you. Imagine if Aaron Rogers had a guy like Gronkowski to help get him out of a jam. Then you stretch the field with Nelson and others. It would be a scary offense. Especially with how mobile Rogers is. Let's hope for once they have a strong draft in April instead of taking alot of the same type they ususally do. Give other guys a chance.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good stuff! WR Ed Eagan also ran a 4.48 40.

Those kind of performances should get our guys noticed!

Excellent! Chargers should draft Eagan. Rivers could use a speedy reliable slot man!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Eagan is another interesting case study. Their was that small school white wr from a school in Kansas last year that ran a 4.3 at his pro day who did not get drafted. However the Arizona Cardinals have been applauded numerous times by Krissy collinsworth for being able to find small school guys in back to back drafts with speed - black wrs of course.

Eagan is another small school guy with great athletic ability and speed - I hope a team takes notice of him and drafts him.

A couple other rumors - driskel's stock might rise if he has a good combine - some teams like him more than hackenberg and brissett and Joe thuney sounds like an offensive line riser.