2012 NFL Preseason

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The concern of the CM media and the DWFs over Collie always strikes me as an insincere cover for their eagerness to see him retire, just as they reacted with incredulity to his switch from the slot to outside. With any luck Austin doesn't have a concussion or has a mild one. This was just posted on Weenieworld:

Austin Collie's player rep says it's "premature" to say Collie has officially suffered another concussion. "It would be premature to conclude anything at this juncture," Collie's rep said. "(Collie) is going to go through the normal protocols." Coach Chuck Pagano said Collie had been diagnosed with a concussion in a Monday conference call, but was optimistic about his status, terming him "day-to-day." Regardless of whether or not Collie has yet to be officially diagnosed with his fourth concussion in 21 months, his status is a major concern for fantasy owners. He should be considered out indefinitely until further notice.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a shame about Austin Collie. In my opinoin, it was a borderline nasty hit. The forearm to the helmet is what pissed me off as he was going down to the ground. It was a combonation of his momentum going one way and the defender coming with the forearm to the head at full speed. I'm suprised it didn't hurt the Steelers defender as well. They should have flagged him for that.

I'm happy to hear some good news about Jake Locker. With him, Tannehill, Ponder, Tebow, and a few others, the future is looking bright at the most important position in the nfl. I hope Locker can shock and awe some fans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-starting-quarterback?module=HP11_hot_topics

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Vick already down...pocket collapses and he runs around like a scatterbrain and gets hit

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a couple of quick observations from the 1st half of the Pats against the Eagles ...

expected Pats' WSTD Nate Ebner has looked very good at safety (and even lined up as a slot corner on one play), showing good instincts, physicalness, and making a nice interception and return just before the end of the half.

Trevor Scott and Jake Bequette (in limited reps) both looked good at defensive end.

Bobby Carpenter had a big hit to break up a pass.

New England's defense for most of the second quarter and beginning the second half has a lot of White men on the field, including multiple (usally three at the same time) linebackers, a couple of ends, and Ebner at safety getting some action.

we didn't see much of Woodhead, but when he was on the field he was often lined up out wide at receiver.

and speaking of White pass catchers, Jeremy Ebert didn't look good in the first half. he dropped a couple of easy balls, although he did have one nice catch-and-run to go along with a couple of other short grabs. hopefully he makes some more plays, else he'll get the axe.

TwentyTwo

Master
Nice write up Jimmy C...

The Patriots miss OT-Vollmer...Hoyer had Woodhead open for a possible TD as he was streaking across the field...but was pressured too much & had to get rid of the ball; incomplete pass to Bolden.

2nd team team Patriots defense looked like they were playing at least 5 whites(if not 6?) Nice INT by Ebner...he ran out of gas on the long run. Bequette showed some nice burst & explosiveness!

Ebert will probably get put on the practice squad...don't think the Patriots will get rid of him just yet.

Eagles Tom Nelson is another white player that could play CB in the NFL.

Nick Foles is going to be a starter somewhere someday! DeSean Jackson is a big fan of his...

Highlander

Mentor
Perhaps Vick will suffer his seasonal bout of “broken ribsâ€￾ in 2012?
Almost. If only you had him as your avatar tonight...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Woodhead lined up a few times at tailback on 3rd down but being that the most important players are not playing tonight I am optomistic about his lack of playing tonight. Shane Vereen, supposedly his main competition, stunk up the place imo, averaged 2 ypc after getting the ball for several series in a row, should have busted off a bigger run. He couldn't make one person miss on any of the passes. If I remember correctly there was one that could have went for a huge chunk had he made one guy miss, and he had adequate time to do so. He only had a decent play with a perfectly set up screen with no defender in site. Bolden didn't look good either.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Gheez! Nick Foles was in complete command tonight. Impressive game.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Michael Vick might not be on the Eagles at the end of this year. I could see him being sat down, IR'd, or just plain cut. Foughghettaboud next year. I'd say he's finished.

Tom Iron...

Tom Iron

Mentor
And another thing. Vick is very representative of blacks in general. In my opinion he's a quitter. He looks for reasons to quit. Once the going gets tough, look for blacks to quit. Happens all the time with them.

Tom Iron...

Truthteller

Mentor
Gheez! Nick Foles was in complete command tonight. Impressive game.

I agree, he was awesome last night. Even the clowns broadcasting the game were ebullient in their praise for him. However, I honestly believe, unless he breaks out in a major way -- like Tom Brady did in 2001 winning a Super Bowl early -- he has little to no future in Philly.

Back in 2010 (or so) I recall several posters on this site were happy that the Shanahan's were in D.C., because they seemed to prefer white QB's in the past. This is in contrast to Marxist (original Air America investor) 'Skins owner Dan Synder, who's been looking for his own great black quarterback since he bought the team in 1999. I remember predicting in 2010, he would try to trade for Cam Newton. And if he couldn't trade for Cam, he would not use a pick in the first 3 rounds on a white QB in the 2010 draft. He would merely wait until the next great black "hype job" came along...and it happened with Robert Griffin, so I was right.

Point?

Philly has the same type owner in Jeff Laurie. Very Jewish and very much a Hollywood ultra liberal. If he had his way, like Synder, he would field an black team in Philly. To go along with this, he has a coach (Fat Bastard) who also seems to love black players and even prefers black quarterbacks. The DWF's in Philly are no help, as they are so used to seeing black QB's, that they don't want any white ones. My guess is many DWF's in Philly already want Foles to just go away.

When's the last time the Eagles had an entrenched, white starting QB? Perhaps have to go back almost 30 years, with Ron Jaworski? Randall Cunningham was drafted in 1985 and ever since that time they've never had a serious white quarterback prospect....even the ones that show promise are eventually traded away for picks. I think Foles is being groomed to be another Kevin Kolb. If he ever has value, he will be dealt for picks...and rest assured, the next great black "hype job" that comes down the pike will be an Eagle. Lonsman Jeff Laurie will demand it and will make it happen -- even if he has trade away 5 or 6 picks to get his suppa hero.

northwinds

Mentor
On a positive note.....I was just watching ESPN's top ten plays from week two of the NFL preseason: #10- Jordy Nelson going up and over the DB in the endzone for a TD grab....funny thing, I didn't have access to that game and had not seen that replay previously and didn't see it mentioned on this forum....great catch. #8- Audie Cole's two interceptions for TDs. Unbelievably, Dez Bryant's non-catch in the endzone (foot was out) was #4! Can you imagine a white player being ranked #4 for a non-catch.....pleeez.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unbelievably, Dez Bryant's non-catch in the endzone (foot was out) was #4! Can you imagine a white player being ranked #4 for a non-catch.....pleeez.

When I was watching the NFL Network Sunday and yesterday, they were repeatedly showing the catch during their highlights of various preseason games and calling it a touchdown that was called back because of a penalty. Yes there was an offensive holding on the play, but the first of Bryant's feet to touch the ground was clearly out of bounds at the back of the endzone, as replays showed and which both announcers saw and acknowledged when it happened. This is how quickly history is now rewritten in Orwellian CM America.

davidholly

Mentor
Speaking of highlights, on the NFL.com website they don't have a single Kirk Cousins clip in the highlight video of Washington@Chicago.

Riddlewire

Master
Leonard looking good early for Cincy.

Edit: Although it seems like his night is already over.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just turned on the TV to see Mariani being carted off the field with what looks like a major leg injury :frown:

edit: sounds like he broke his leg...thats just terrible...i feel for him

davidholly

Mentor
I just turned on the TV to see Mariani being carted off the field with what looks like a major leg injury :frown:

edit: sounds like he broke his leg...thats just terrible...i feel for him

Looked awful, probably out for the rest of the season maybe even a career ender. :sad:

foobar75

Master
It's very unfortunate what happened to Mariani. This could've been a break-out year for him, as a combination receiver and returner. I've seen players come back from worse injuries, so hoping for the best.

On the positive side, Jake Locker looked good tonight. I hope he can continue to improve on his accuracy and decision making, because combined with his tremendous athleticism, he could be one of those dual-threat, revolutionizing guys at the QB position that the caste-media has always reserved for blacks only.

And I believe early in the AZ-TN game, I heard Chris Berman refer to Colin McCarthy of the Titans as a "good little linebacker". A 6-1/240lb man is a "good little linebacker". :icon_mad:

Some of these media morons don't even realize it; if they see a White player other than QB, the insults just seem to come out naturally.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And I believe early in the AZ-TN game, I heard Chris Berman refer to Colin McCarthy of the Titans as a "good little linebacker". A 6-1/240lb man is a "good little linebacker". :icon_mad:

Some of these media morons don't even realize it; if they see a White player other than QB, the insults just seem to come out naturally.

I'm no fan of Berman, but I thought he said "good middle linebacker" not "good little linebacker." In fact I heard him say that twice about McCarthy, who as usual was all over the field making plays in the first half.

As for Mariani, he should have been the Titans' slot receiver since his rookie season. I don't know if that would have resulted in him being taken off return duties and thus avoided what happened tonight, but Tennessee has had a glaring need for a good slot guy and Mariani fits the role perfectly, though he could also play outside with his size, speed and moves.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Speaking of highlights, on the NFL.com website they don't have a single Kirk Cousins clip in the highlight video of Washington@Chicago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGtz_sDLUfE&feature=results_video the announcers sounded like they jizzed their pants for the one good throw he made. Today Herm Edwards said he was impressed with RGIII's ability to stay in the pocket and make plays....then there was a debate about RGIII vs Andrew Luck and there was some backtracking among the black people on the show about how Luck is in the better organization because they have had more stability at qb etc, even though they went 2-14 last year

its against backups but Kirk Cousins looks more comfortable out there. He stands tall in the pocket with people in his face about to hit him, fit it into a tight window once or twice, with several of his passes going to receivers with not much separation. RGIII looks like he panics too soon with pressure, at 38 seconds he already puts the ball down not sure what to do when he sees the guys coming free, but he would've had more than enough time to make a throw, some of it may be due to height and he can't see over the line but Brees manages to find lanes with his sumo line breaking down constantly. IMO RGIII isn't comfortable with throwing it into tight spots, he made one good throw, in college his throws were to receivers that were open by a mile so not used to fitting it into a tight space which kind of makes his "rocket arm" useless if he isn't willing to take risks. I can't tell what is going on downfield except for what the announcers claim but I am sure there were some throws that he could have tried but didn't .....I mean Cousins should be able to compete if the league is truly colorblind, focusing on the putting the best players out there no matter what you gave up for them (Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson competition in Seattle) but we all know thats not the truth

Last edited:

Truthteller

Mentor
dwid, if you do a quick google search on Andrew Luck, you'll notice in the last week (or so) there has been a veritable "explosion" of articles themed something like this: Luck vs. Griffin, who better?

Quite comical, considering he's not even outplaying Cousins, who's a fellow rookie and teammate.

Actually, the post I wrote a few days ago about Foles' future, also fits for Cousins: Both Foles and Cousins play for ultra-Liberal, Jewish owners that have wanted their majority black teams led by black quarterbacks. The Eagles have pretty much only had black QB's since the mid 80's. Synder has been chasing down black QB's since he arrived in 1999 and, reportedly, tried very hard to trade for McNabb out of college. It's just the way it is. Even if Griffin turns out to be a total bust, he'll get at least 3 seasons to prove his worth and Cousins will be gone by then (traded for picks)...and then, Synder will force his team to draft another black QB to replace Griffin, like he did with Jason Campbell.

As far as the Seahawks, they hired Ted Thompson's top assistant in Green Bay as their GM a couple years ago. He's undoubtedly the reason Flynn was brought in. He might also be the reason the Hawks have signed or drafted quite a few whites at "caste positions" in recent years. Problem is, he's in his 30's and seems to possess very little clout, compared to the 60-something year old wigger Pete Carroll, who got a huge contract to come in from USC. No doubt Wilson is "Carroll's boy", while Flynn was the choice of the young GM.

I believe Russell Wilson starting is not bad, however. I hope he "wins the job", because I doubt he will keep it in the long term. At best, he's a replay of Shaun King. With that, if Wilson's starting hastens the departure of wigger Pete, I'm all for it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nice Post Truthteller - Shaun King is a great comparison for Russell Wilson. A spot starter who if giving the ability to start will be nothing more than a mediocre starter.

I was one of those that did not believe Shannahan would draft a quotback - I was wrong for sure.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Shaun King was quite the object of media and DWF adoration for a short period of time, until it became clear that he wasn't very good. His "leadership" (and room brightening personality) was widely praised, which was mostly a result of his black teammates playing harder for him, the same boost teams initially get when a black or wigger coach is hired. But the adrenaline rush rarely lasts very long before reality sets in.