2012 NFL Preseason

Tom Iron

Mentor
Pretty cagey move by the Skins coaching staff only letting Cousins in there for garbage time snaps. They don't need anymore QB controversy headaches with the season opener only a short time away.

Cousins will get his shot once rgiii louses everything up. It won't take long.

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
David DeCastro was carted off the field with what may be a serious knee injury. If so, the Crawfords are really in trouble on the o-line. Mike Adams, drafted to be their LT, has sumo bust written all over him. Big Ben is still beat up from last season. I think this will be the season the Crawfords start to decline in a big way.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
overlooked in the Luck vs. Griffin matchup hype, perhaps the best player on the field in the Colts-Redskins game was unhyped, virtually unknown (to the "experts") wide receiver Griff Whalen.

ignored coming out of high school (he was a walk-on), he ended up being Stanford's leading receiver as a senior (56 catches, 749 yards, four touchdowns). after being ignored coming out of college, because he was regarded as too small (despite measuring 5-11 and weighing 185) and too slow (despite running a 4.55 40, 6.89 3-cone drill, and 4.06 short shuttle at his Pro Day), Whalen is simply picking up where he left off.

for the second consecutive game, the rookie wideout has been uncoverable in the Colts passing attack. and when he's been thrown to, he's caught the ball. he followed up a strong performance against Pittsburgh (he was targeted 5 times and had 4 catches, 59 yards, and 1 touchdown) last week with a dominant showing today against Washington. Whalen was targeted 9 times and had 8 catches for 66 yards. he's shown he's tough enough to go across the middle, and he's been able to stretch the field. and his head coach has taken notice.

“We're seeing the same things out of Griff that we saw collegiately,â€￾ [Indianapolis head coach Chuck] Pagano told Colts.com. “He knows how to get open. He has great hands. He's very smart. He understands the offense, so he's not out there thinking. He's able to play fast.â€￾

hopefully, he'll be able to avoid the headman's axe and make the regular season roster.

Truthteller

Mentor
Pretty cagey move by the Skins coaching staff only letting Cousins in there for garbage time snaps. They don't need anymore QB controversy headaches with the season opener only a short time away.

Good points, Tom. But my guess is the coaches had very little say in how much Cousins played. As I've explained in this thread, their very liberal, Jewish owner Dan Snyder (ex-Air America radio investor) has been searching for his "ebony franchise quarterback" from the moment he bought the team in 1999. Since 2005, he's used/traded away several (6 or 7?) first round picks and several other premium picks (top 3 rounds) on Campbell, McNabb and Griffin. So there is no way in the world, he's going to let a blonde-haired, blue-eyed Cousins embarrass or displace his polite and "articulate" Uncle Tom rookie. Only way Cousins gets a shot, is if Griffin sustains a career ending injury. My guess is Snyder would rather the team use Rex Grossman in a pinch and lose, than play Cousins and win.

Also, I simply couldn't stand the announcer's crowing over Griffin, so I clicked it off before the half. Therefore, I missed Whalen's 2nd consecutive good game. My guess is he put up those real good numbers with Chandler Harnish at QB? Imagine the success and great chemistry he'd have with his ex-teammate and friend Andrew Luck at the helm?

Couple random notes:

I noticed the Raiders have an impressive young DT named Jamie Cumbie. Kid appears to be a solid athlete at 6'6", 300 lbs and looks nothing like a sumo...just clicked his nfl.com bio and it shows he's from Clemson...wow, what a shocker! Didn't think Clemson allowed whites to play on defense? Hopefully he sticks. Based on the "eye-ball test" (size, speed, strength), I'd guess he would've been a high pick (top 3 rounds) if he was black...and his "off-field issues" probably would not have hurt his draft stock, either?

Chase Reynolds, a very rare white tailback, ran the ball 4 times for 19 yards for the Rams tonight. He also had a reception for 22 yards...and returned punts. I'd have to imagine, regrettably, he's probably a longshot to make the 53 man roster...

Cole Beasley had 3 rec. for 40 yards for Dallas....this coming after 104 rec. yards last week...Bad news, is draft pick Danny Coale has played very little this preseason due to injuries...very hard to imagine Beasley and Coale both making the team.

Cumbie_Jamie-2011.jpg

Raiders "non-sumo", 300 (plus) pound defensive tackle?

Last edited:
I watched the Redskins-Colts game and Griff Whalen looked really good. I noticed prior to the game he was moved up on the depth chart to #5 or #6. This performance today should cement his position on the team. I also noticed Joe Theisman's stupid remarks about Andrew Luck. He kept making comments that Andrew Luck's passes were short yardage passes. (Shortly after he made that comment Luck threw a 31 yd TD strike into the end zone.)

In the local Redskins post game show, the host was going mad over a play by Colts LB Jerrell Freeman. Freeman came in on a blitz and hit RGIII just after he released the ball (legal hit, no penalty). He said "Jerrell Freeman what are you thinking? The #2 overall pick in the draft and you hit him that hard and he lands on his throwing shoulder."

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
From what I saw of the Redskins/Colts game all of Griffin's completed passes were mostly short to intermediate, again he missed the three deep passes I saw him throw while Luck threw a perfect pass for a 31 yd td.

Every black RB and WR buried on the depth chart has been praised by Theisman as "explosive" and/or "quick." Theisman has never seen a black football player who wasn't super-athletic.

After listening to Dan "Dingleberry" Dierdorf last night and now Theisman I'm reminded of all the Caste-speak about to be unleashed as a staple of the weekly sermon a hundred million or so Americans listen to each week while vicariously participating in the nation's unofficial religion.

Dierdorf and Theisman are both about 63 years old. Did you have ex-player commentators over 60 doing NFL games in the 1970's? Not that I recall. Can you picture men who played in the 1930's still doing games in the 1970's? Now you have Seventies players still on TV in 2012.

Lately I've been seeing the 1970's described as the Golden Age of the NFL. I think there's a book coming out next month with that theme. Maybe that's it.

Funny how Theisman got his start as an announcer. The ABC Monday night crew was doing Super Bowl XIX between the 49ers and Dolphins. O.J. Simpson was on the Monday night team along with Gifford and Meredith (Cosell had left).

Well, ABC took O.J. off the Super Bowl telecast and replaced him with Joe Theisman. Some eyebrows were raised and I recall the NAACP protested, but Theisman did the game in Simpson's place.

The next year O.J. was back along with Joe Namath. Ratings sank and by 1987 it was Gifford, Al Michaels, and Dan Dierdorf.

Theisman was still a player when he took O.J.'s gig. The next year he broke his leg and has been on TV ever since.

Don Meredith left Monday night football after the 1984 season and Super Bowl XIX.

My source for the announcing teams is "The Pro Football Chronicle" (1990).

dwid

Hall of Famer
I noticed the Raiders have an impressive young DT named Jamie Cumbie. Kid appears to be a solid athlete at 6'6", 300 lbs and looks nothing like a sumo...just clicked his nfl.com bio and it shows he's from Clemson...wow, what a shocker! Didn't think Clemson allowed whites to play on defense? Hopefully he sticks. Based on the "eye-ball test" (size, speed, strength), I'd guess he would've been a high pick (top 3 rounds) if he was black...and his "off-field issues" probably would not have hurt his draft stock, either?

Chase Reynolds, a very rare white tailback, ran the ball 4 times for 19 yards for the Rams tonight. He also had a reception for 22 yards...and returned punts. I'd have to imagine, regrettably, he's probably a longshot to make the 53 man roster...

Cole Beasley had 3 rec. for 40 yards for Dallas....this coming after 104 rec. yards last week...Bad news, is draft pick Danny Coale has played very little this preseason due to injuries...very hard to imagine Beasley and Coale both making the team.

QUOTE]I think Reynolds has a good shot with Fisher who gave Mariani a chance being from the same school as his son. Reynolds had his best year as a junior, the year Fisher's son was a senior so I am sure he saw a good deal of him. Of course Fisher's son is also part of the coaching staff, not sure how much influence he has, I read somewhere that part of the reason Fisher wanted to leave the titans is because they didn't want to hire his son full time. It's not much but it's better than being a random unknown White RB like Nate Eachus for the Chiefs who looks to have more potential but in a worse situation.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Dierdorf and Theisman are both about 63 years old. Did you have ex-player commentators over 60 doing NFL games in the 1970's? Not that I recall. Can you picture men who played in the 1930's still doing games in the 1970's? Now you have Seventies players still on TV in 2012.

Lately I've been seeing the 1970's described as the Golden Age of the NFL. I think there's a book coming out next month with that theme. Maybe that's it.

Funny how Theisman got his start as an announcer. The ABC Monday night crew was doing Super Bowl XIX between the 49ers and Dolphins. O.J. Simpson was on the Monday night team along with Gifford and Meredith (Cosell had left).

Well, ABC took O.J. off the Super Bowl telecast and replaced him with Joe Theisman. Some eyebrows were raised and I recall the NAACP protested, but Theisman did the game in Simpson's place.

The next year O.J. was back along with Joe Namath. Ratings sank and by 1987 it was Gifford, Al Michaels, and Dan Dierdorf.

Theisman was still a player when he took O.J.'s gig. The next year he broke his leg and has been on TV ever since.

Don Meredith left Monday night football after the 1984 season and Super Bowl XIX.

My source for the announcing teams is "The Pro Football Chronicle" (1990).
Aside from Madden most analysts as they get older and the desirable demographics can't remember them as players or coaches get phased out regardless of their abilities in the booth. I have seen guys go from near the top of the pecking order to regional games only or on to local broadcasts. Announcers seem to have a longer shelf life and get a loyal fan base(especially in baseball).

foobar75

Master
Theismann and Dierdorf should've been put to pasture a long time ago. It's very unfortunate that the repulsive Dierdorf continues to be part of CBS's #2 team with Greg Gumbel, behind the #1 duo of Nantz-Simms. I used to like Simms, but his increasingly caste-speak analysis over the past few years is a major turn-off for me now.

The best team in the business continues to be Fox's Aikman-Buck, in my opinion. No one from ESPN is even worthy of announcing or analyzing a game, and the NBC team of Michaels-Collinsworthless is not too far behind.

davidholly

Mentor
Theismann and Dierdorf should've been put to pasture a long time ago. It's very unfortunate that the repulsive Dierdorf continues to be part of CBS's #2 team with Greg Gumbel, behind the #1 duo of Nantz-Simms. I used to like Simms, but his increasingly caste-speak analysis over the past few years is a major turn-off for me now.

The best team in the business continues to be Fox's Aikman-Buck, in my opinion. No one from ESPN is even worthy of announcing or analyzing a game, and the NBC team of Michaels-Collinsworthless is not too far behind.

On the last MNF game Berman took like 5 seconds to calculate 23-10=13. Not a huge deal just made me snicker to myself.

bigunreal

Mentor
The preseason Colts-Redskins game was more hyped than any other exhibition game has ever been. Dan Snyder, always looking for another buck, was selling t-shirts of the "historic" event for $35. The DWFs and announcers were drooling over RGIII.

The new magic afflete completed 11 passes for 74 yards. Wow- how awesome. Still not a word of criticism for this new Vick. No one will criticize any of the black quarterbacks. Not only will they not criticize them, but as soon as any is signed by a team, EVERY report published indicates how "impressive" they looked.

The team manipulating things so Cousins wouldn't look better again indicates how fraudulent this league is. There is always an agenda to consider; in no way shape or form is this an organization of competing teams trying their utmost to put the best product on the field with the ultimate goal of winning.

The spectacle of Alfred Morris, apparently now the starting RB for the Redskins, being handed a job like that when he's slower than every white FB in the league, illustrates how powerful the Caste System is. EVERY black male is eligible to play these forbidden positions, according to the jock sniffers and DWFs, while even the fastest, most productive white players are iffy in the eyes of these hopeless, self-loathing sheeple.

Highlander

Mentor
Caste slut Carroll and the Seahawks release Owens...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Peyton Manning TD pass to Eric Decker, hopefully a combo that will repeat that feat many times this season.

Denver is up 10-0 on San Fran. Stokley made a sweet catch to keep the TD drive going. Broncos should have 7 White starters on offense when Kuper is healthy. Derrick Wolfe could be the defensive rookie of the year in the AFC as he's a manbeast.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw just provided their surprise picks for 2012 and they picked Carolina/Tampa Bay and Seattle. Above the graphic was the title New Generation - each graphic featured a black quarterback - Newton/Freeman and Wilson. Terry Bradshaw went on to describe Matt Flynn as someone who was no good in college and got rich off one good game...the black quarterback push is in full force

foobar75

Master
Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw just provided their surprise picks for 2012 and they picked Carolina/Tampa Bay and Seattle. Above the graphic was the title New Generation - each graphic featured a black quarterback - Newton/Freeman and Wilson. Terry Bradshaw went on to describe Matt Flynn as someone who was no good in college and got rich off one good game...the black quarterback push is in full force

I saw that as well, Leonardfan. It went something like this, if I remember correctly:

Newton - Sophomore of the year?
Freeman - Comeback player of the year?
Wilson - Starting in Seattle?

Only thing missing was RGIII - Rookie of the year?

Someone at FOX may have to reprimanded for omitting that fourth one. Agenda, what agenda?

BTW, Terry Bradshaw is a supremely stupid human being.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Bradshaw has always been a pathetic shill for black QBs. Earlier in the game before he ripped on Flynn he was talking about the "gifts" today's QBs have coming out of college that they didn't have in his day. I still remember him a decade or so ago, waxing poetic on his pre-game show gig about the "God-given abilities" black quarterbacks have that White ones don't.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
And now Buffalo is trading for Tavaris Jackson like he is some sort of upgrade. Buffalo has become increasingly black during the Nix/Gailey era.

davidholly

Mentor
I saw that as well, Leonardfan. It went something like this, if I remember correctly:

Newton - Sophomore of the year?
Freeman - Comeback player of the year?
Wilson - Starting in Seattle?

Only thing missing was RGIII - Rookie of the year?

Someone at FOX may have to reprimanded for omitting that fourth one. Agenda, what agenda?

BTW, Terry Bradshaw is a supremely stupid human being.

I think the CM may already be forsaking RG3 for Wilson. Don't much care for either of them but it's obvious that Wilson is a better NFL-style QB.

Make it 2 TD passes to Decker!

I like where that combination is heading! I think Manning to Decker will produce more this season than Rodgers to Nelson. Manning won't stand for Decker being taken out of the gameplan, which happens all too often to Jordy.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Truthteller said:
Actually, the post I wrote a few days ago about Foles' future, also fits for Cousins: Both Foles and Cousins play for ultra-Liberal, Jewish owners that have wanted their majority black teams led by black quarterbacks. The Eagles have pretty much only had black QB's since the mid 80's. Synder has been chasing down black QB's since he arrived in 1999 and, reportedly, tried very hard to trade for McNabb out of college. It's just the way it is. Even if Griffin turns out to be a total bust, he'll get at least 3 seasons to prove his worth and Cousins will be gone by then (traded for picks)...and then, Synder will force his team to draft another black QB to replace Griffin, like he did with Jason Campbell.

Aside from AJ Feeley, Mike McMahon, Jeff Garcia, and Kevin Kolb (all of whom “filled in” for McNabb during his ten seasons of injured-plagued football), the Eagles haven’t played a full season with a white quarterback at the helm since Ty Detmer in 1996, who only got a chance to start after playing so well in place of injured starter, Rodney Peete, the season prior. Bobby Hoying filled in for Peete at times, also. Sure, the Eagles did begin the 2010 season with Kolb as the starter, but he was promptly injured in Week #1, with Mike Vick waiting in the wings.

Don Wassall said:
David DeCastro was carted off the field with what may be a serious knee injury. If so, the Crawfords are really in trouble on the o-line. Mike Adams, drafted to be their LT, has sumo bust written all over him. Big Ben is still beat up from last season. I think this will be the season the Crawfords start to decline in a big way.

Assuming DeCastro is placed on IR for his torn MCL, the Rooney River Rats will feature a record-low 7 whites on their 53-man roster for 2012…that is, assuming Doug Legurski makes the team…

112099-650-366.jpg

CAPTION: Stairway to Seven

This is uncharted territory, even for the NFL's most tar-coated Football Corporation. Will their militant, homoerotic, negrophilic, highly-inebriated, rotund, tattooed, pompom-twirling fans know the difference? Yeah, right…

tempSteelers_at_Bills_08252012__2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

CAPTION: The Future DWFs of Amerika

Don Wassall said:
Bradshaw has always been a pathetic shill for black QBs. Earlier in the game before he ripped on Flynn he was talking about the "gifts" today's QBs have coming out of college that they didn't have in his day. I still remember him a decade or so ago, waxing poetic on his pre-game show gig about the "God-given abilities" black quarterbacks have that White ones don't.

About 6 years ago, on a bit for the always-Casteon “Fox NFL Sunday,” Bradshaw was tasked with selecting various body parts and personal attributes from current NFL quarterbacks in order to build “the ultimate quarterback.” On the screen was the hollow outline of a quarterback’s body. Bradshaw selected Michael Vick’s feet, Vince Young’s legs, Donovan’s McNabb’s torso, Duante Culpepper’s arm, and Peyton Manning’s head. As Foobar mentioned, Bradshaw’s inarticulate musings are so laden with inanity that it’s almost mesmerizing. Bradshaw is such a moron, that he had no qualms about appearing nude in the movie “Failure to Launch”...

6199790.bin

CAPTION: Terry the Twit

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
The right tackle for Carolina just bear-hugged the jets d-lineman.
No holding call.

THAT is the entirety of Newton's success.

northwinds

Mentor
Watching the Jets/Panthers game.....Thomas Hill the Jets 2nd round pick (43rd overall and they gave two draft picks to move up and get him) has dropped two passes in the first half that Sanchez put right on the numbers. The second one was so bad that a pee-wee league player would have been screamed at for dropping.....Crissy Collingsworth assessment of the situation was the "he is a raw talent at WR, but the Jets just couldn't pass up on all that athletic talen".....when did catching the football not factor into "athletic talent"....geez. On a positive note the Panther's two starting LBs appear to be white, with Kuechly getting much praise even from Collingsworth....plus one of the down defensive lineman was white.