2012 NFL Combine

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Seriously, I expect Wylie to be drafted on the second day at some point. He has deep speed, but because of his unfortunate skin condition, will be a slot WR. A smart team will be able to use that speed to exploit matchups, but maybe I'm dreaming.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
"RGIII" ran a 4.38, further solidifying himself as the future QB for the Colts. He's now in the booth being further hyped by the talking heads. Maybe it's just me, but I think that he's Chris Johnson-ugly. Maybe I should follow the trend here at CF and make him my avatar!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
LOL Footballdad. Yea he is one ugly looking humanoid. The hype around him is unreal - from a pretty unknown commodity prior to the season to stealing the Heisman from Luck and now somehow magically challenging Luck to be the first pick of the draft.

This seems to be the third wave of the black QB experiment. The first wave was in 1999 with McNabb, Akili Smith and Culpepper with Vick following in 2001 - mixed results. After that Vince Young was picked third in 2006 and Russell first in 2007 - both were big busts. Now with the rules being changed to make football more like basketball on grass and Newton having a good rookie year people are thinking Griffin is the second coming.

QBs like him will continue to be pushed by the moronic media for the DWFs until one day we look back and wonder why there are no white QBs in the NFL and people will make excuses like they do for every other position - if that makes sense

Riddlewire

Master
NFL.com is listing the results and updating them once they become "official".
They give Wylie a 4.39 official time. So that's good.
Meanwhile, Russell Wilson's unofficial time was raised by a full half-second. Not that I care about that midget, but someday the NFL needs to explain their exact procedure for determining "official" times and why the changes are inconsistent from player to player.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Two white wide receivers running low 4.4s is what I like to see. If Shoemaker and Ebert were invited they would have likely timed in the 4.4-4.5 range as well. Another guy who was blackballed is Cole Beasley he's getting slotted in to the "Welker role" like every other white receiver, but I think he has better long speed than given credit for.

They dropped Coale to a 4.5. Unbelievable.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I turned the combine off as it was beginning to ruin my day.

Truthteller

Mentor
"RGIII" ran a 4.38, further solidifying himself as the future QB for the Colts. He's now in the booth being further hyped by the talking heads. Maybe it's just me, but I think that he's Chris Johnson-ugly. Maybe I should follow the trend here at CF and make him my avatar!

Football Dad you make some nice points. But I would not mind at ALL if Griffin went #1 overall and neither would Andrew Luck, I bet....What sane human being would want to be the guy that pushed the iconic Peyton Manning out of Indianapolis, when he clearly does NOT want to leave? Andrew has already admitted publicly he's "uneasy" about being the one that gets Peyton kicked out the door, while Uncle Tom III has made it clear he wants to go #1 overall...Throw in the fact that Archie Manning and Oliver Luck were teammates in Houston (Oilers) and are still are good friends and Andrew has known Peyton and Eli since he was a teen....I bet Luck wouldn't mind heading up to Minnesota or going to Washington. With the very compotent Bill Polian out the door, hopefully Tony Dungy can beg and plead his (Jewish) pal Jim Irsay to take this future bust from Baylor #1.

Who cares who goes 1st or who goes 2nd, what matters is what kind of career they have. No doubt in my mind Andrew will be star..likely a "superstar"....I have lots of doubts whether Griffin will be anything special. Also, perhaps a hype-job like Griffin going ahead of Luck will help shake the retarded DWF's out of their stupor and make them realize the anti-white agenda propagated by ESPN and put into action by the NFL, NBA and other leagues.

P.S: About my avatar. Trend here was always to go with an athlete or figure you admire...Well, I do it the opposite way -- hence Shimone Peres and Tiki Barber....It seems Thrashen gets the joke, as he's followed this trend...That said, I can't imagine I'll keep this avatar too long...This Uncle Tom is a bit too scary looking....

Riddlewire

Master
Robert Turbin's arms were larger than his torso.
Most obvious case of PED usage I've ever seen.

I guess it's just accepted by the NFL that these guys juice like crazy once the season is over leading up to the draft, leaving themselves enough time to clean their blood before any testing. Actually, I'm not even certain that they do any drug testing at the combine. Anybody know?

dwid

Hall of Famer
I guess they couldn't have two White receivers go sub 4.5 at the same combine. That would go against what every dwf thinks. They also don't like to have any White guys 6 foot or taller running sub 4.5 has well. Danny Coale has timed in the 4.3 time range hand timed. Tyler Shoemaker would have clocked in at 4.4.

Luck's time got moved from 4.59 to 4.67. Couldn't have the "perfect pocket passer" running the same time as Cam Newton. These official times seem to stick for White players but when they reference the 40 times from previous combines, they list the unofficial times, nfl.com had a link of the past few drafts and all of the top times were the unofficial ones.

it would be interesting to see the results of the new times they are doing, the ones with the electronic start and finish, but apparently this year they aren't releasing those to teams or fans....

Yes they do some form of drug testing at the combine, about a dozen guys test positive for weed every year but it gets overlooked. Now testing for peds I am not sure, it would be really expensive to test EVERY single person at the combine (much cheaper to do 5, 6 or 10 panel drug screen for recreational drugs) and there are ways to get around testing positive, there are some steroids that get out of your system in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
P.S: About my avatar. Trend here was always to go with an athlete or figure you admire...Well, I do it the opposite way -- hence Shimone Peres and Tiki Barber....It seems Thrashen gets the joke, as he's followed this trend...That said, I can't imagine I'll keep this avatar too long...This Uncle Tom is a bit too scary looking....

which is an overhyped "beast" that allegedly destroys all opposition it encounters with speed and agility, but in reality is nothing more than an opportunist that feasts on the weak? and which is a fish?

... :biggrin:

robertgriffiniii.jpg

piranha.jpg

Last edited:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Just a comment about the "joke" avatars. I may have started it as it seemed whoever was my avatar was "jinxed" for a while as I switched to a Peyton Hillis avatar at the start of the season--from a Brett Favre one, so as a joke I used some prominent aftoletes during the playoffs to try and jinx them. However that joke is now played out to me.

I wonder what lurkers that stop by think when our long time posters are representing themselves with these dog ugly pictures of black players. Honestly I hate looking at them and have actually avoided some postings because of it. I would prefer guys didn't do it because I think it's confusing to new people and also U-G-L-Y. But to each his own.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just a comment about the "joke" avatars. I may have started it as it seemed whoever was my avatar was "jinxed" for a while as I switched to a Peyton Hillis avatar at the start of the season--from a Brett Favre one, so as a joke I used some prominent aftoletes during the playoffs to try and jinx them. However that joke is now played out to me.

I wonder what lurkers that stop by think when our long time posters are representing themselves with these dog ugly pictures of black players. Honestly I hate looking at them and have actually avoided some postings because of it. I would prefer guys didn't do it because I think it's confusing to new people and also U-G-L-Y. But to each his own.

Once you let the genie out of the bottle you can't later decry any subsequent unintended consequences that resulted from your voluntary actions. I think we should dub these types of avatars "jaxvids." :afro:

JReb1

Mentor
“I think what was surprising to some people was how athletic Andrew Luck is. I think a lot of people might be surprised to compare his measurables to Cam Newton from a year ago,†NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. “Cam Newton hits you over the head with a sledge hammer as far as his athletic ability; it’s pretty obvious, whereas with Andrew Luck, it’s sneaky athletic. “

His broad jump (10 feet, 4 inches) was two inches short of Cam Newton’s best in 2011, and Luck’s vertical jump (36 inches) was actually better than Newton’s (35 inches).

Sneaky athletic?:dizzy:

Hawkeye2

Mentor
As impressive as Wylie's 4.37 40 is, I think his 39 inch verticle is as impressive.

Irn Bru

Shea McClelin puts up the 3rd fastest time for a D-Lineman so far at 4.65!

Bequette with a solid 4.78 and Crick had one of the top 10 yard splits.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Drake Dunsmore had a great workout,running an official 4.64 and recording a 20yd shuttle and 3 cone drill that was top 5 amongst all players.His 3 cone time of 4.03 beat out all the rbs,not bad for a 245lb TE.Drawing alot of comparisons to Dallas Clark.He's someone the Broncos and Tebow could do with.

Shea Mcclellin has not disappointed with an official 4.62 40 and a 1.57 10 yd dash.Some of the other d linemen have posted great verticals.

If Dunsmore were black he'd be a power back like Brandon Jacobs in the NFL. Jacobs has similar 4.6 speed, yet Dunsmore will be forced into being a tight end or H-back for his entire career.

Riddlewire

Master
They raised Bequette's official time to 4.82.

I just got home so I didn't see any of the 40s. I watched the drills, though. I don't know what you can tell from those, but J.R. Sweezy looked the best in the multi-contact drill.

Irn Bru

Wow with official times coming out, McClellin has the 2nd fastest 40 time of all DLs.

Riddlewire

Master
These 40 times are starting to look like pre-programmed Diebold results.
That NC linebacker gave up halfway through his run and the electronic result showed he ran a 4.45.

Bull$hit.

Riddlewire

Master
Von-Tezz Burr-fick runs a 5.10 40.

If he's white, that's the end of his football career. We all know it.

--------------------------------------------

Tank Carder runs a 4.56 and they skipped both his attempts. It will be interesting to see how much they inflate his official time.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Here's one of the world's greatest athletes self-tackling on the 40 yard dash. He only ran a 4.63 on his second attempt, but I'm sure that he "plays faster".:crazy:
I saw that video yesterday and couldn't stop laughing. It is beyond absurd that this buffoon is going to get drafted while there are literally hundreds of Whites over the years, barred from the position and working a 9 to 5 right now.

EDIT: Just another thought. We really should start calling them the World's Clumsiest Athelets as "self tackling" is purely a "black thang".

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I saw that video yesterday and couldn't stop laughing. It is beyond absurd that this buffoon is going to get drafted while there are literally hundreds of Whites over the years, barred from the position and working a 9 to 5 right now.

EDIT: Just another thought. We really should start calling them the World's Clumsiest Athelets as "self tackling" is purely a "black thang".

Before Ballard's buffoonish run, various affletes were self-tackling and dropping balls during the QB throwing drill, previews of what to look forward to during the 2012 regular season.

"World's Clumsiest Athletes" is a good one, as their balance is even worse than their hand-eye coordination.