2011 NBA SEASON

j41181

Master
Beno Udrih had the best game of his career thus far, and what better way to display it and win (93-83 over Knicks) than at the Basketball Mecca that is Madison Square Garden. His spin moves would make Walt Frazier proud.

29 points (11-14 FG's, 2-2 3pt's, 5-6 FT's)
5 rebounds
4 assists
4 steals

Solid games from both Bargnani and Calderon, Raps lost 101-95 to Pistons. The Raptors need a true center to move Bargs to his natural spot (power forward).

Bargnani - 31 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists
Calderon - 11 points, 13 assists

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Do the "scouts" think that Blake Griffin will ever be a "Josh Smith-type" on defense?

j41181

Master
Ryan Anderson - 21 points (season-high), 10 rebounds
JJ Redick - 12 points

Back to back 20 point games for the California product. Since the trade, Anderson is averaging 13.2 points in his last 15 games. His season scoring now stands at 9.8 points. He and Redick form a solid 1-2 punch off the Magic bench. Redick's scoring 10.3 points.

j41181

Master
Mike Miller, baby!!!!

32 points (12-20 FG's, 6-11 3pt's, 2-3 FT's)
10 rebounds
3 assists
1 steal

Wade & Bosh missed the game, but great breakout game. Definitely his best game in ages, and so capable of more. With Bosh and Wade struggling with some injuries, this should get Miller more involved with the Heat's team system, starting or not. Bargnani had 26 points.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Miller should have been an all star. Like so many others, he just never seemed to fit the teams he was on. I wonder why! Great game. Nice to see Miller Time again.

j41181

Master
Marc Gasol...

24 points (7-12 FG's, 0-1 3pt's, 10-11 FT's)
16 rebounds
2 assists
3 blocks

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Knicks' are falling down to Earth, and I can't say I'm surprised about it..

The media praised them too soon.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Dwyane Wade stayed home with a migraine -- I wonder if any DWFs were questioning his toughness, as Jay Cutler's was -- and so Mike Miller got his first substantial playing time this season and responded with 32 points and 10 rebounds. He scored 22 of his points during an 8 minute span of the second quarter.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Good find Don. They should be laughing and mocking Wade but we all know about the double standard. Queen Lebron James could break a nail and no one would question him missing time.

Glad to see Peja sign with the Mavericks. It will be cool to see him and Dirk play together finally. It's just too bad it didn't happen around 6 years ago although it's better late than never. I'm hoping that Peja and Pavolovic can help Dirk in the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs.

NBA TV had their mid-season awards for both conferences. For the West, the assortment of black talking heads had two votes for Manu MVP, one for Dirk.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

j41181

Master
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoCFXc7LJUsyjutV8fcvt8a8vLYF?slug=ap-grizzlies-mayo

NBA suspends O.J. Mayo 10 games for positive test</font>

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP)â€"The NBA has suspended guard O.J. Mayo(notes) 10 games without pay for violating the league and union's anti-drug program with a positive test.

The league announced the suspension Thursday for Mayo's positive test for dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Mayo's suspension will start Friday night when the Grizzlies visit Philadelphia, and he will be able to return Feb. 15 also against the 76ers in Memphis.

Mayo said in a statement released by the team that he is extremely disappointed he will miss 10 games as the Grizzlies are making a push for the playoffs. He blamed an over the counter supplement that he didn't know was banned by the NBA for the positive test.

"It was an honest mistake, but I take full responsibility for my actions,"Â￾ Mayo said in the statement released by the team. I apologize to my fans, teammates and the Grizzlies organization for regrettably not doing the necessary research about what supplements I can put in my body."Â￾

Mayo was the No. 3 pick overall in 2008 after only one season at USC, and Minnesota swapped him draft night deal to the Grizzlies for Kevin Love(notes). Mayo was runner-up to Chicago's Derrick Rose(notes) for rookie of the year.

But the guard was moved to the bench earlier this season, starting just 15 of Memphis' 45 games this season. He's been bandied about as possible trade bait even while ranking fourth on the Grizzlies with 12.2 points per game.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said Mayo will continue practicing with the team during his suspension.

"O.J. had a lack of judgment but has shown complete accountability,"Â￾ Heisley said in a statement. "We will continue to support O.J. during this time as we have from the moment he joined the team in 2008. He has unselfishly done everything we have asked of him, and we expect him to grow as a player and a person from this experience."Â￾

j41181

Master
Marcin Gortat...

19 points (Career-High)
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif

17 rebounds
1 block

Suns scorch the Celtics aka Zulus 88-71. Very emotional game, Doc Rivers got ejected in 2nd Quarter and Kevin Garnett
smiley36.gif
got ejected in 4th Quarter. I guess the new officiating rules provide some benefits.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gortat has been the man lately. He is helping to get the Suns back on track. That was his 3rd double/double in the last week. If only he could have joined the Mavs when they tried to get him. He would have been starting along side Dirk all this time. Glad he is on the Suns though.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Wow! Great to hear Mike Dunleavy is still and excelling in the NBA. Last I heard he was in Europe. Great News and stats.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33, my bad I thought he did. I remember he had a short stint with the Lakers, then I incorrectly believed he went to Europe. I stand corrected, good Sir.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
WA 33, my bad I thought he did. I remember he had a short stint with the Lakers, then I incorrectly believed he went to Europe. I stand corrected, good Sir.

I'm disappointed in Dunleavy. His career has been sub par and he's a below average rebounder for a 6'9 player. This year he's only averaging 11.9 ppg.

j41181

Master
Thanks, White Lightning!

I'll sound naive when I say this... 1st time I've watch a game on live stream. It's running so smooth as hell! I should try this more often!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your welcome my friend. Love is of to a good start with 11 points and Milicic improves all the time. Both of these teams are fun to watch but I'm really becoming a Minnesota Fan. So I will slightly root for the TWolves. Haha. Just want to see all of our guys do good.

j41181

Master
Timofey Mozgov... 23 points, 14 rebounds in 40 minutes (all career-highs)
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Danilo Gallinari... 29 points (7-12 FG's, 4-7 3pt's, 11-11 FT's)
smiley20.gif

Ryan Anderson... 23 points, 16 rebounds
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

JJ Redick... 17 points

Marcin Gortat... 25 points (career-best)
smiley32.gif
, 11 reboundsEdited by: j41181

JReb1

Mentor
Ryan Anderson looks to have the talent to be a dominant starter (he
should definitely be starting over Bass IMO) and he's only 22. J.J.
Redick continues to prove he should be in the starting lineup over Richardson
for the Magic.

The Magic would be a better team (IMO) with a starting lineup of Nelson, Turkoglu, Anderson, Howard and Redick.

j41181 said:
Timofey Mozgov... 23 points, 14 rebounds in 40 minutes (all career-highs)
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Danilo Gallinari... 29 points (7-12 FG's, 4-7 3pt's, 11-11 FT's)
smiley20.gif

Ryan Anderson... 23 points, 16 rebounds
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

JJ Redick... 17 points

Marcin Gortat... 25 points (career-best)
smiley32.gif
, 11 rebounds

Great stats! I didn't see the Knicks' guys stats but I saw the other ones.
Both Reddick and Anderson got their stats only playing 30 minutes and coming off the bench.
They are both very important members of the team. I checked to see what Hedo had and he finished with a decent 9 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists. If those three play well then I can see them winning the East.

Also, congrats to the aforementioned Mozgov and Gortat. Great talents and two more great white big men.
It feels as though white players are quitely breaking through at the power forward and center positions.

Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned here, Andrew Bogut had 7 blocks the other night.
He is an underrated center.