2011 NBA SEASON

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gortat is finally coming into his own after sitting behind Howard for Magic. i couldn't be happier with the Polish Hammer!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Good game between the Raptors and Twolves tonight. Calderon had a career high 19 assists and Bargnani had 30 points in the win. Kevin Love played good with 21 points and 15 rebounds on the road.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Remember the troll that came on this site and talked-trash about the Knicks' selection of Gallinari? He also implied that nepotism was at play..

Well, Danillo has been lights-out and he can rebound! Career-high 13 rebounds yesterday in a loss to Philly. This is what basketball needs.

j41181

Master
Grind out game, Mavs hand Cavs 25th straight loss (NBA Record).

Stojakovic scores 8 points in Mavs debut.

j41181

Master
This year's 3-point shootout is definitely the saddest in it's history...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-NBA-s-Three-Point-contest-is-set;_ylt=AhKf.OF267cvHeu7oO6I9da8vLYF?urn=nba-318576

Not a single white guy...

Guys like JJ Redick, Matt Bonner, Kyle Korver, Matt Carroll, Ryan Anderson, Kevin Love, etc.. were all snubbed!
smiley18.gif
smiley7.gif

Now I really miss the 90's and early 2000's, when pure shooters like Price, Hornacek, Stojakovic, and Kapono, etc.. dominated the shootout.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah both contests will be a snooze fest. Where is the diversity in the NBA. I still am angry that Joe Alexander wasn't picked for the Dunk Contest a couple of years ago. He would have put on a show. I also can't believe David Lee never once was in it. He can do any dunk out there as he has won countless Dunk Contests. I won't even bother tuning in to the all star saturday night. Why should I? Come on Nba. You can do better than this.

JReb1

Mentor
I guess the NBA, MSM, CM and probably even the DWF's got tired of White players dominating the 3 point contest. After all it does go against the Caste system having a White player winning either contest and the only way to ensure they can't win is by not allowing them an opportunity to compete in either event. White player have proven over the years that they're better pure shooters than blacks!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
The Knicks' are falling down to Earth, and I can't say I'm surprised about it..

The media praised them too soon.

They lost to the Clippers' last night.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm at a friend's house, and he is a HUGE NBA fan ... i know. i don't understand it either.

at any rate, he insisted we watch the All-Star gala tonight, and while the dunk contest was pretty cool with a display of impressive dunking ability (albeit disappointingly void of White high risers), the 3-point shootout was the absolute worst display of professional basketball shooting i can remember ever watching. in both cases, i repeatedly pointed it out to grudging acknowledgement.

the 6 participants didn't include a single White player, and as such it didn't include anywhere near the best shooters available. in fact, two of the six "great shooters" were embarassingly bad.Daniel Gibsonhit for a "stellar"7 points ... of a possible 30, i might add. fellow participant Kevin Duran managed to "perform" even more poorly. he hit for an "impressive" 6 points. also in the first round, Dorell Wright (11)and Paul Pierce (12) barely managed to crack double digits, although Pierce managed to "advance" to the finals with the so-called effort.

of the six "shooters" only Ray Allen and eventual champ James Jones managed to hit a respectable number of shots. Allen hit for 20 points in the first round, and Jones for 20 in the finals.

theabysmal all-black "shooting" display makes you understand why they didn't invite a single White athlete ... lest he be the certain winner.i'm sure it's a coincidence that NBA commissioner David Stern (a jew)doesn't want Kyle Korver, Jason Kapono, Dirk, hell the list could go on and on, to once again be the face of the new Negro League's top shooter. do you think?
smiley2.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Speaking of the All Star Gala or Weekend in Los Angeles a couple of things of note.

1. At a 4 star hotel in Downtown LA former ex jumboffelet Charles Barkely stumbled into a good looking ex White girl friend of mine, and attempted to rap with her! She told him she was involved. Barkley looked astounded. He was drunk of course and huge. My friend told me he was way fat and had slurring problem and uncontrolled spitting problem.
smiley36.gif

Today I was at the Beverly Center, an upper scale mall that caters to the super rich and Hollywood elite with the required stores they demand. Anyway, the mall was flooded by Negroes of all walks of life! Some carrying shopping bags from high end stores, but for sure no real means to afford the goods. Think of your nice mall 'packed' with an 80 to 20 ratio of blacks. I was shocked.

I asked a merchant is "it" always like this. They no, just for All Star Weekend. As I scanned the scene I observed, thankfully, dozens of LAPD Officers scattered about in this horde of impolite sea of blackness.

On two occassions a black girl and young black male asked for directions of the events related to the all star game. Never a excuse me Sir can I ask you a ?. Instead, " Hey where is da parties and hotels wiff da ballers and sh*t." I knew of a few, naturally I gave them wrong directions, towards "Souf Central" I figured they would be more comfortable there and less annoying/dangerous to others.
smiley4.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i'm at a friend's house, and he is a HUGE NBA fan ... i know. i don't understand it either.
<div></div>
<div>at any rate, he insisted we watch the All-Star gala tonight, and while the dunk contest was pretty cool with a display of impressive dunking ability (albeit disappointingly void of White high risers), the 3-point shootout was the absolute worst display of professional basketball shooting i can remember ever watching. in both cases, i repeatedly pointed it out to grudging acknowledgement.</div>
<div></div>
<div>the 6 participants didn't include a single White player, and as such it didn't include anywhere near the best shooters available. in fact, two of the six "great shooters" were embarassingly bad.Daniel Gibsonhit for a "stellar"7 points ... of a possible 30, i might add. fellow participant Kevin Duran managed to "perform" even more poorly. he hit for an "impressive" 6 points. also in the first round, Dorell Wright (11)and Paul Pierce (12) barely managed to crack double digits, although Pierce managed to "advance" to the finals with the so-called effort. </div>
<div></div>
<div>of the six "shooters" only Ray Allen and eventual champ James Jones managed to hit a respectable number of shots. Allen hit for 20 points in the first round, and Jones for 20 in the finals.</div>
<div></div>
<div>theabysmal all-black "shooting" display makes you understand why they didn't invite a single White athlete ... lest he be the certain winner.i'm sure it's a coincidence that NBA commissioner David Stern (a jew)doesn't want Kyle Korver, Jason Kapono, Dirk, hell the list could go on and on, to once again be the face of the new Negro League's top shooter. do you think?
smiley2.gif
</div>

I think Dirk could win the three point contest every year. Korver and Kapono are also very good shooters. It's a shame that even the three point contest doesn't have whites any more.

Dunk contest: Serge Ibaka had a truely legit free throw line dunk. Shoulda gotten all 10's, instead he got all 9's.
DeRozan's second dunks was fantastic and his first dunk was creative and very, very solid. Alas, neither made the final round. Javale McGhee had some great dunks, contorting his body and utilizing his hops and length. He dunked two balls on two goals at the same time. Very impressive. His last dunk was his weakest, but overall he had very good dunks. Blake was way hyped and his dunks were decent. On his "car dunk" he dunked over thee hood from about 8 feet out. Sir Charles even said the dunk wasn't that great.

Blake also missed several attempts on his dunks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Since you brought up the Dunk Contest, I thought I would post a pic of Joe Alexander doing one of the same dunks in college. He can touch his head on the rim, do 360 degree dunks all day long and he has power. He also can dunk from the free throw line. He was doing all of this is college! I would love to see a team give him a chance and see him get back in the league soon. I wish Chase Budinger would have entered the contest too as he has a 40 inch vertical.
joe-alexander2.jpg
Edited by: white lightning

Westside

Hall of Famer
Caught bits of the All Star game. During considerable stretches there were 3 whites on the West playing and playing well. Go West! F LaBrown!

white lightning said:
Since you brought up the Dunk Contest, I thought I would post a pic of Joe Alexander doing one of the same dunks in college. He can touch his head on the rim, do 360 degree dunks all day long and he has power. He also can dunk from the free throw line. He was doing all of this is college! I would love to see a team give him a chance and see him get back in the league soon. I wish Chase Budinger would have entered the contest too as he has a 40 inch vertical.
<div>
joe-alexander2.jpg
</div>

Nbadraft.net had a good link to a YouTube video of Jan Vesely doing some nice dunks.

There are lots of good dunkers out there. Some white, some average street ballers.

Another point on the Blake Griffin "car dunk." I realized today that it was basically Tom Chambers famous dunk where he jumps over a guy and dunks with two hands. But Chambers jumps higher and possibly from farther out. Plus, Chambers did it in a game more than twenty years ago.

foobar75

Master
Pistol Pete, here's a video of the Tom Chambers dunk you mention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDyBSTQDwH8

It has made every top 10 all-time dunk list that I have seen. He takes off from just behind the dotted line, and if you look carefully, I believe his head is actually an inch or 2 above the rim for a split second, and then he stays at rim level until he completes the jam. It's truly an incredible dunk.

Of course, Chambers has had many, many more impressive dunks. He was a very athletic, quick, and mobile player for someone his size (6'10). Here are a few more:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmjLaHf1h8&NR=1" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmjLaHf1h8&NR=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN4-bmxnBQI&feature=related" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN4-bmxnBQI&feature=related</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAFSM1zcaPU&NR=1" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAFSM1zcaPU&NR=1</a>