2011 NBA SEASON

Was Kleiza in Europe last year? Kind of lost track of him.

j41181

Master
Mike Dunleavy (only 8 points), but makes tip-in buzzer beater to win the game. Upset 94-93 Pacers win over Hornets. Belinelli knocks in 14 points, while Jason Smith had 8 points.

Dallas snaps Miami's 12-game winning streak, 98-96 is the score. Dirk had 26 points, Big Z had 8 points, and Mike Miller finally debuts but is scoreless, so is Arroyo.

Freethinker said:
GreatLakeState said:
Was Kleiza in Europe last year? Kind of lost track of him.
Yes, he played for Olympiacos B.C.

Thanks!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Brandon Jennings is reportedly out for 4-6 weeks due to a foot injury.

Milwaukee doesn't appear to be very good with or without him.. Bogut should do fine.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Brandon Jennings is reportedly out for 4-6 weeks due to a foot injury.

Milwaukee doesn't appear to be very good with or without him.. Bogut should do fine.

Yeah talk about a sophomore slump!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
With Chicago's acquisition of Carlos Boozer in free agency, the Eastern Conference is definitely tougher/stronger this year.

Nonetheless, the 7th and 8th seeds will likely be teams that are nothing special. So, Milwaukee is no doubt still in the playoff picture.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This could only be temporary but JJ Redick started tonight along with Hedo Turkoglu for the Magic. The other starters were Nelson, Richardson and Howard. Arenas came off the bench.

j41181

Master
Freethinker said:
This could only be temporary but JJ Redick started tonight along with Hedo Turkoglu for the Magic. The other starters were Nelson, Richardson and Howard. Arenas came off the bench.
Magic lose to the Mavs 105-99.

Redick knocks in 21 points (7-14 FG's, 4-9 3pt's, 3-3 FT's).

Turkoglu had it rough... 9 points (2-11 FG's), 1 rebound, 8 assists, 2 steals, 1 block.

Very nice game for Redick, I hope it ain't the last. The Magic traded VC & Pietrus in order to make room for Redick, even though Richardson might get the start. It looks to me Turkoglu is past his prime, he's just not the same unlike his 2004-2009 versions. Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
Great game from Beno Udrih... 34 points (career-best).

Sasha Vujacic had 16 points (season-best).

Rudy Fernandez has been solid in his last 3 games...

26 points (career-best), 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals
15 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals
17 points, 1 rebound, 7 assists, 1 block

White foreign guards have been lights out so far!
smiley20.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
word is Turkoglu likes to party too much. apparently, his sports drink of choice requires abundant alcohol ... and lots of it. too much partying has ruined many a career, and it appears that Turkoglu is well on his way to repeating that history.

In defeat, Kevin Love had another good game scoring more than 20 points and adding 19 rebounds.
Utah came back and won. Gordon Hayward's dunk and free throw put the game away for the Jazz.

The Spurs won again. Manu had 22 and has an outside shot of being MVP.
However, I think that Dirk is the front runner. Dwight Howard was making a good case but his team is stinking.
Pau was doing great early and should get some votes. Look for him to pick it up again. He needs to demand the ball more. Lebron and D-Wade will take votes away from each other. Kobe will get votes but he is having an average year by his standards. Amare deserves votes if the Knicks continue to play well. Derrick Rose deserves the most votes for guard along with Ginobili. Carmelo and Durant are scoring but their teams aren't really contenders.

My 1st team now would be Rose and Manu at guard. Dirk and Lebron at forward and Dwight Howard at center.
Second team is Kobe and Wade at guard. Amare and Durant at the forward with Pau at center. Third team is Deron Williams and Rajon Rondo, Carmelo and Kevin Love at the forwards and Duncan at center. If the T Wolves win more then Love could make the second team.If they keep losing then KG or Blake Griffin make the 3rd team.

Right now I have Love, Blake Griffin and Tony Parker battling it out for the last spot in the all star game.
If the T Wolves have more wins by February than the Clippers then Love is in.

Dirk is the MVP front runner but if the Spurs win the title Manu could be the Finals MVP.
The Spurs are also getting contributions from Matt Bonner who scored in double figures tonight along with
Tiago Splitter who had 12 and 9. Chris Quinn is also getting some minutes.
In the Finals Duncan might do the dirty work and allow the guards to shine. If the Spurs played the Celtics then Manu over Ray Allen would be their best advantage. Rondo vs. TP would be must-see TV and KG and Duncan might cancel each other out. Spurs-Celtics might not be the glamorous Finals, as opposed to Heat-Lakers, but it might have the best played basketball.

It should be a great rest of the year and I count five legit title contenders including the Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, Celtics and Heat. The Magic could also turn out to be a contender. The Knicks, Bulls, and Jazz can make things interesting too.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The mulatto Nets' lose again (9-22)!!

And, Detroit is AWFUL (10-21)! Oh, but they have "supermen" like Jason Maxiell and Tayshaun Prince!
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Minnesota defeats New Orleans!! Dallas wins at OKC!

But Dirk injures his knee in that game and limps off the court. A MRI will be done today and Dirk claims he is day to day and I hope he is right because the MAVS have a lugit shot at the title this year and Dirk a ring.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just a blurb that I saw at WeenieWorld that I found to be amusing:
LeBron James backtracked from his comments earlier this week in which he supported the idea of contraction, saying he didn't know what the word 'contraction' means.

<DIV =s_pNewsTextMain>"That's crazy, because I had no idea what the word 'contraction' meant before I saw it on the Internet," James said, despite saying the league should consider reducing the number of teams from 30 and giving examples of two teams to contract. Surely the NBA Players Association told him to backtrack, but a bold-face lie coming from a guy that claims to be a businessman is yet another P.R. gaffe. Luckily, he's really good at basketball.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm glad to see Turkoglu back to his old form with his old team. He just seems to fit in with the Magic. With him and Reddick, they are a fun team to watch.

I hope Dirk is ok. He is having a fantastic year. I'm still in awe of him passing Larry Bird on the all time scoring list. What an accomplishment. The guy is just a superstar. Let's hope he can get the elusive ring this year.

j41181

Master
I can't believe nobody noticed this one... Gordon Hayward with a CAREER-HIGH 17 points!!!
smiley32.gif

He started at small forward, and the Jazz beat the ever slumping Clippers 103-95. Blake Griffin had another double-double (30 & 12), which now gives him 20 consecutive DD's. Kevin Love had another DD as well, 26 & 14, and it's 19 consecutive DD's for him. These two are simply amazing.

As for Hayward, big confidence booster for him, he played 43 minutes! Way to go, GORDO!
smiley20.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Good for Hayward, glad he is starting to make some noise. Regarding Blake, wow, his kid can play and can fly. When I look at his face, it appears that a white man is inside a black man. The White man is trying to get out. His features are so Anglo to me. Yeah, you know he is half black, but he has a strange look for a bi racial guy.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Good for Hayward, glad he is starting to make some noise. Regarding Blake, wow, his kid can play and can fly. When I look at his face, it appears that a white man is inside a black man. The White man is trying to get out. His features are so Anglo to me. Yeah, you know he is half black, but he has a strange look for a bi racial guy.

Griffin looks to be less than half black. Maybe a third or even less. No way he's half black.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33, you maybe right, he is probably 1/3 black or less. I will try to google pics of his parents. I don't know why I said half black? Just got home from work and tired.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
WA 33, you maybe right, he is probably 1/3 black or less. I will try to google pics of his parents. I don't know why I said half black? Just got home from work and tired.

I just checked out a picture of his parents and his dad is coal black. I assumed his dad would have been a light skinned negro.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 is his traitor mom white as snow???

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
WA 33 is his traitor mom white as snow???

both Griffin's parents are weird looking. his dad's head is so largeas to be a parody of itself. his red-headed, corpse-lookingmother looks like she's never been outside during the daylight, which befits the vampire she reminds me of, an appropriate symbol for any White person who'd lie down with a negro.

09oscar.jpg