2009-2010 NBA SEASON

Yeah, even in teams' home openers, the lower bowls had large vacant gaps.

I sure hope the Pacers keep giving Tyler Hansbrough "A.K.A. Psycho T" playingtime because hes been playing not so good of late but i think he wants toprove them doubters wrong coming out of college

white lightning

Hall of Famer
At the moment, I still enjoy watching the Bucks and the Raptors over the other teams. It is so refreshing to see a lineup with 2 or 3 whites playing at the same time. You usually only see that in high school or college. We need these teams to be successful. Then for Indiana, Orlando, Utah, Sacramento and some of the other white friendly teams to continue the trend.

Steve Nash is amazing. Another stellar game last night with 20 points and 16 assists. He gets better with age. Steve should easily win the assists title this season by a landslide. On top of that, the Suns have the best record in the nba!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Glad the Suns got rid of Shaq because Nash excells in the free wheeling fast break type of game the Suns are playing now. Shaq just slowed all that down with his demanding "feed me the ball" body in the post. Shaq is still a very good player but never right for the Suns.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Another reason for me to smile today: BENO UDRIH

Beno must be the most under-appreciated & criticized starting guard in the NBA today. I find all the criticisms so unfair, for last season (17-65) was simply NOT his fault. The WHOLE team is to be blamed, coaching staff and management alike. They were simply disorganized and disarray, very much the way NJ Nets are now (0-16). Beno is fighting back big-time, he's been playing so well since Kevin Martin's injury, and he should get 30-35 minutes all the way, even if K-Mart comes back. Beno is one of the better PG's of the NBA, very efficient on both ends of the floor. Tyreke Evans hasn't even dished 7 assists in a game (drops too many TO's), and they say he's a PG, balderdash! Tyreke Evans is simply a scorer, and quite a ball-hog at times. A player like him needs to be countered with a player like Beno, a pass-first (and capable scorer) guard. Sacramento won today, 109-96 over the Nets (now 0-16), look at the performance of both Udrih and Evans:

Udrih - 21 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 TO's
Evans - 21 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 4 TO's

Yeah right! Evans is a PG alright!
smiley36.gif
Any smart basketball fan knows otherwise!

I feel very bad for Brooke Lopez, who's having a tough year for NJ (0-16). He's playing so brilliant though, and he's definitely a future perennial All-Star. Another good news is that Robin Lopez is back in action. His return will give the Suns an extra skilled big in the middle for a deep playoff run. He should be well seasoned come playoff time.

Brooke Lopez - 21 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Robin Lopez - 8 points, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks

Memphis seems to be on role, thanks to the improved chemistry and consistency of everyone on the team in particular, Marc Gasol. I'd be surprised if he becomes an All-Star sometime in the next few years.

Marc Gasol - 19 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal

j41181, you are spot on about Udrih. Donte Greene was the most inefficient player in Hollinger's PER last year in the entire league, although this year he is doing well. Udrih should be seeing 34-39 minutes right now in a fair world- and still seeing almost 30 minutes a game when Kevin Martin returns. Udrih is a damn under appreciated player, just like J.J Redick and Luke Ridnour are!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hiccup!

Lakers forward Ron Artest admits he used to drink alcohol during games while he was on the Bulls.

<DIV =s_pNewsTextMain>"I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime," said Artest, who played with the Bulls from 1999-2002. "I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it." This is very shocking news and it will be interesting to see what David Stern has to say about this one. Owners should hope that Artest is not disciplined so long after the fact. Dec. 2 - 10:35 am etSource: Sporting News

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Hiccup!
<div></div>
<div>Lakers forward Ron Artest admits he used to drink alcohol during games while he was on the Bulls.

<div>"I used to drink ... at halftime," said Artest, who played with the Bulls from 1999-2002. "I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it." This is very shocking news and it will be interesting to see what David Stern has to say about this one. Owners should hope that Artest is not disciplined so long after the fact. Dec. 2 - 10:35 am et</div>Source: Sporting News </font></div>

Artest is a moron. Why would you admit something like that? Guess it was either the NBA or cleaning toilets for this guy. I see he chose the black man's favorite liquor, Hennessy.

j41181

Master
Artest has been a moron since his days as an Indiana Pacer.

Luke Ridnour just had another spectacular game, despite a losing effort:

20 points (9-16 FG's, 2-6 3pt's)
4 rebounds
6 assists
1 steal
0 TO's

Another of the NBA under-appreciated guards. If Luke performs like this all season long, this may well be his best season ever.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
All of this while coming off the bench. I think when they drafted Brandon Jennings, it lit a fire in Luke. He didn't take kindly to losing his starting job. The Bucks are playing some good b-ball. Most of their losses have been close games.

Just wait until Jumping Joe comes back. He hopefully will get a chance to take the starting spot from Delfino. They have to give him a chance before they let him go at the end of the year. I'm hoping he opens their eyes to what they will be missing. Alexander really needs to come in and play with confidence like he did at West Virginia.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Ridnour was a starter before wasn't he? He is a pretty good pg. He will never be Steve Nash or Stockton but always puts up solid numbers.

icsept

Master
Brandon Jennings is a shoot first point guard, in the mold of Allen Iverson. Ridnour has been increasingly getting more minutes and playing efficiently, shooting over 50%.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just 3 of the 10 games last night were announced sellouts. Atlanta, Washington, New Jersey, Minnesota, L.A. Clippers and Sacramento all had announced crowds of 13,000 and less, with Sacramento's announced at 10,021. It wasn't that long ago that the Kings sold out every home game for a number of years.

I'm still waiting for an article on the NBA's attendance woes, like the media has done so many times with the NHL, a league that draws just as well as the NBA with a small fraction of the media coverage. I live in a market (Las Vegas) that has neither an NBA or NHL team but does have a minor league hockey team. But the daily paper gives the NBA an entire page in the sports section every day, replete with detailed box scores of all the games. The NHL is relegated to a tiny portion of the "Scoreboard" page at the back, along with bowling, horse racing, high school results, NFL transactions, point spreads, etc.

Without the media hyping it the way it does, and corporations buying up tickets and sponsorships they way they do, the NBA would be toast.

foobar75

Master
I don't really follow the NBA as much, however, I do catch highlights of games for a few minutes each night. I must say, I'm very surprised at the number of empty seats in almost all the arenas. At first I thought I was watching 1st quarter highlights and the fans were still trickling in, but that isn't so.

The NBA has a very significant attendance problem, no question about it.Edited by: foobar75

icsept

Master
The NBA has an attendance problem because their product sucks. Overgrown tatooed thugs; rosters with 11/12 black players. All the stars act like best friends, smiling, laughing, hugging each other. They know they are in an overpaid fraternity. Too many huge, guaranteed contracts were handed out to underserving players who are just collecting checks. There are few intense rivalries or bad blood like with teams in the 70s and 80s. Its boring. And, maybe the dwf's are finally realizing that the white man has been phased out of the league, and their hard earned money is merely filling the garages and paying child support for hip hop idiots who happen to be tall.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
On top of that they blast mostly hip hop in the stadiums during games. I realize some of the DWF's like this garbage music but maybe it will wake some of them up.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
18 points and 17 boards for David Lee - as the Knicks' defeat the Atlanta Hawks.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lee is incredible. He shoots a high percentage from the field and grabs important rebounds. I am still surprised the Knicks are at 5-15.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Would be great to see Kevin Love show up all the DWFs who mock his supposed "lack of affleticism" and expect him to be a bust. From Rotoworld:
Kevin Love made his season debut on Friday and had 11 points, 11 boards, two steals and two 3-pointers in 24 minutes after missing 18 games with a broken hand.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Glad to hear Kevin Love is back. This kid can play.

Nowitzki tore up the Suns tonight for 33 points in a 1 point victory. Nash was incredible though pouring in 26 points. He gets better with age.

Milwaukee lost but got great performances form Illyasova and Bogut. It they can only get Alexander back soon. I still think that Ridnour should be starting. Brandon Jennings is good but he shoots too much. They need to share the ball more. Brandon tends to be a ball hog. Not good when your point guard takes the most shots just about every game.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Whitelighting in my opinion very few white players in the NBA are given the green light to shoot alot. A few that I can think of are Nowitzki, Nash, and Kaman. Just compare white players like Hinrich, Ridnour, and Redick to players like Jennings. These affletes hoist up a time and a half as many shots every game.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Brandon Jennings is indeed a ball-hog, and even Jalen Rose said (on yesterday's NBA FastBreak) that Jennings' needs to get his TEAMMATES involved/dish-out more assists. They also mentioned that he turns the ball over too much.

They said he was only dishing-out 4-5 assists per game. Yesterday, Bogut had a monster double-double and also dished-out 5 assists, while the superhuman (Jennings) was 7-19 (FGs) and ESPN didn't show assists so it's very safe to assume that there wasn't much there...

CF poster - icept - may have been the first to tell us that Jennings' wasn't ALL THAT.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Besides Jennings there are a ton of ball-hogs in the NBA. Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, and OJ Mayo are just a few. Since all of them are high draft picks in recent years and affletes at that they have the liberty to throw up 25 shots a game. I've said it before buy Kaman wasted several years of his career because he didn't shoot enough. This was all done so the "bruvas" could put up their numbers. This year he is shooting more and having a good season so far. The same thing goes for Bogut. You don't get picked at number 1 in the draft because you suck. Granted there have been busts picked at number 1 but Bogut is by no means a bust. He is shooting more this season and had he done this before he would have been an Allstar by now. Any afflete picked early in the draft thinks he can take over a team.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Since Greg Oden (#1 pick) got injured again, this is really the time for Bogut (#1 pick) to shine and STAY HEALTHY!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Oden in my mind is a bust. He was hype up as the most affletic center in years and I just don't see it in him. I think Bogut and Kaman are better.