2009-2010 NBA SEASON

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just got done watching the Suns vs Raptors. The Suns won by 1 point. What a ball game. Nash had 23 points including the winning shot. The Raptors are so fun to watch though. Hedu Turk. had 20 points and Bargnani had 17. Toronto played a lineup of either 3 or 4 whites on the floor at the same time for the majority of the game. I can't remember how long it has been since I have seen that. They took on one of the best teams in the nba and almos won. Turkoglu missed the winning shot as it was just barely off. This guy is so clutch though. He kept them in the game. He is one of the best one on one players in the whole nba. Almost impossible to stop.

j41181

Master
Don't ask me how I saw this game live, I got cable! Rockets trounce the Lakers on their home turf 101-91. Much of the damage was done by Aaron Brooks (33 points). Every Rocket though played brilliant, especially Budinger and Andersen. Both Budinger and Andersen were just solid on both ends, with Andersen having a career night, and Budinger having a highlight reel slam dunk (should be in YouTube soon)!

Budinger - 11 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
Andersen - 19 points, 6 rebounds

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Kaman  is showing he is the best center in the league.  There is no doubt about that.

You about have me convinced of that fact. I voted Kaman today as a write into the all-star game. His stats are incredible, hope he keeps it up and stays injury free.

guest301 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Kaman  is showing he is the best center in the league.  There is no doubt about that.

You about have me convinced of that fact. I voted Kaman today as a write into the all-star game. His stats are incredible, hope he keeps it up and stays injury free.
He's already the best center as of now. He's not a great defender, but a solid one, and his offense is much more efficient than Dwight Howard's. Edited by: indianwhite

j41181

Master
This might be just a trade rumor...

http://www.cowbellkingdom.com/?p=744

"The Kings have interest in securing another big man to join Spencer Hawes and the fast-developing Jason Thompson in their frontcourt rotation and have pondered the merits of gambling on Dalembert for some time. And trading for Philly's out-of-favor center certainly makes more sense than a deal for New Orleans' Emeka Okafor, who has four years and nearly $40 million left on his contract through the 2013-14 season. It's believed that Sacramento, even if these three-way talks go no further, will continue to field offers for Nocioni, given the Kings' desire to have cap space in the summer of 2011 and the promising early development of rookie Omri Casspi."

The deal in question/rumor would be the Kings sending Andres Nocioni to Boston and Kenny Thomas back to Philly. The Celtics would also send Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine to Philadelphia and the Kings would secure J.R. Giddens and Samuel Dalembert.

....then again, it might just happen.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Van_Slyke_CF said:
I haven't watched an entire NBA game in 20 years. The only thing I do is scan the boxscores on a regular basis-and it doesn't take very long-to see how the few white players are doing.

I don't think it's possible to watch a whole game.  Sometimes I put a game on for a few minutes and see 10 affletes on the court and no whites.  The only time I watch games is when Nowitzki, Nash, or other white stars are playing.  Even then it's sometimes unbearable.

I've not watched a full NBA game (more than a few minutes) in 5-6 years or so. I only follow the White players (somewhat) via CF. The "YO.B.A" has become way too "hip-hop'd" out the last 10-15 years. In my quasi-DWF days, we had season tix for the Hawks (mid 90s), but only had them a few years. Growing up, I played hoops from 6th grade thru HS & was a hardcore college (UGA/SEC) & NBA (Hawks) fan. However, these days MMA is my favorite sport, followed by football. I rarely watch any hoops these days, but pull for White players like Dirk & Nash, etc.

guest301

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Don't ask me how I saw this game live, I got cable! Rockets trounce the Lakers on their home turf 101-91. Much of the damage was done by Aaron Brooks (33 points). Every Rocket though played brilliant, especially Budinger and Andersen. Both Budinger and Andersen were just solid on both ends, with Andersen having a career night, and Budinger having a highlight reel slam dunk (should be in YouTube soon)!

Glad you got cable, j41181 because Dirk/Ginobli, Mavs/Spurs are nationally televised tonight and a very nice MMA fight(Brown/Aldo) will be on about the same time, so alot of channel surfing for me.

j41181

Master
guest301 said:
j41181 said:

Glad you got cable, j41181 because Dirk/Ginobli, Mavs/Spurs are nationally televised tonight and a very nice MMA fight(Brown/Aldo) will be on about the same time, so alot of channel surfing for me.
Thanks, guest301! I just watched the game, and the Mavs won a thrilling 99-94 OT game over the them Spurs. Congratulations to both teams, and to both Tim Duncan, and Dirk Nowitzki!

Nowitzki - 41 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block
(15-29 FG's, 1-1 3pt's, 10-12 FT's)

White players of the Milwaukee Bucks are starting to heat up! I'm very happy for all of them. Bucks just destroyed the helpless Nets, 99-85. Everyone, except Joe Alexander, is on a role!

Bogut - 21 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block
Delfino - 21 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal
Ilyasova - 9 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block
Ridnour - 17 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assistsEdited by: j41181

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Bucks and the Raptors are my two favorite teams to watch at the moment. Multiple white guys who either start or play a significant role. I'm hoping they both can make the playoffs. I don't think Joe Alexander will be back for another month or two. Maybe he can play before the All Star Game with any luck. Hamstring injuries are very hard to fully recover from.

I hope the Pacers can get Diener and Dunleavy Jr. playing soon. Tyler Hansborough needs some help.

j41181

Master
white lightning said:
The Bucks and the Raptors are my two favorite teams to watch at the moment. Multiple white guys who either start or play a significant role. I'm hoping they both can make the playoffs. I don't think Joe Alexander will be back for another month or two. Maybe he can play before the All Star Game with any luck. Hamstring injuries are very hard to fully recover from.

I hope the Pacers can get Diener and Dunleavy Jr. playing soon. Tyler Hansborough needs some help.
You said it about the Bucks & Raptors, they are just fun to watch. Indiana is just bugged by injuries at the moment, darn shame it's on white dudes. The whole team going quite well for the time being w/o them. I'm still clueless as to why McRoberts is not getting at least 10-15 minutes a game, dude has got hops and skills.

Sacramento is another team to look out for, despite not being playoff bound. Utah has always been white friendly, ever since it's days back in New Orleans.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dirk helped the Mavs to win a very tough game against the Kings. He had 20 points and dished 7 assists. They were all over him the whole game. Udrih played great scoring 20 points as well. The Kings have a good future if they can get some chemistry going.

The Raptors also won again. The big three all played excellent. I love watching this team.

j41181

Master
It's just one of those times when the NBA's "minority" were having a superb night:
smiley32.gif

Houston dethrone the Kings, 114-106

Spencer Hawes - 24 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks
Beno Udrih - 18 points, 1 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals
Andres Nocioni - 12 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal
Omri Casspi - 17 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Sergio Rodriguez - 6 points, 4 assist

Luis Scola - 22 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Chase Budinger - 12 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assists, 1 block

==The Rockets are delaying T-Mac's return, because they are doing just fine at the moment. Not to mention to give Budinger more playing time.

Milwaukee skin the Grizzlies, 103-98

Ersan Ilyasova - 18 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists
Luke Ridnour - 13 points, 12 assists, 1 steal, 0 TO's

Marc Gasol - 14 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks

==Luke Ridnour's performance (12 assists, 0 TO's, off the bench) is definitely more AMAZING than Jennings' 55 points.

The Knicks hold the Nets winless, 98-91

David Lee - 16 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Danilo Gallinari - 17 points, 4 rebounds

Brooke Lopez - 18 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 blocks

The Next Dirks have been solid thus far:

Andrea Bargnani - 24 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks
Spencer Hawes - 24 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks

==Hawes just tied a career high, not to mention his best game in a while. "Il Mago" might just become an All-Star this year. Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
I've not seen AK-47 play this well and efficient for the past 3 years. It's very nice to see him play at a high level again, Whether it's starting or subbing, doesn't matter, as long as he's displaying in the numbers, scoring especially! Jazz win a tough one over the Pistons, 100-97 OT.

20 points (7-16 FG's, 1-4 3pt's, 7-9 FT's)
10 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
1 block

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
The Knicks Nate Robinson showed his court saavy..."afflete" style...

Robinson Scores......On Wrong Basket.

Nate Robinson is the perfect example of immaturity (I thought you guys say whites mature slower than blacks lol, jk). He did this purposefully because he can't handle that the Knicks are so bad. He's apathetic (ahh pathetic, considering the money he makes and that he doesn't really care) and maybe he should quit the NBA and start hitting the bong like Chech and Chong and convince Ricky Williams to join him.
Too bad the shot didn't count, I think there was only one time ever where an NBA player purposefully scored on their own basket. Nate Robinson could have been the second idiot in NBA history. Sorry, I got that wrong, there's lots of guys that behave like idiots in NBA history and ESPN is wrong, Bill Lambeer isn't in the top 50!
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Nice game today for Redick with 19 points on 6 of 10 shooting. Also David Lee had a big game with 22 points and 15 boards!!!

j41181

Master
Nice to see Jason Williams alive and kicking, despite Orlando losing 99-98. Ryan Anderson also had good night.

Jason Williams - 25 points, 3 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal
Ryan Anderson - 12 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists

Luke Ridnour is having a ball, despite Micheal Redd back in the active roster. Bucks though lost, 102-99 OT to the Hornets. Peja played decent enough.

Luke Rdnour - 23 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists
Peja Stojakovic - 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists

j41181

Master
Great News for Indiana, MIKE DUNLEAVY is back in action! Too bad it had to be against Dallas, and Indiana lost 113-92. Mike Dunleavy's game greatly resembles that of Hedo Turkoglu. Indiana now has 3 good white players available.

Mike Dunleavy - 11 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block
Troy Murphy - 10 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks

The following other whites have played well today, regardless of their teams winning or losing:

Jason Smith - 14 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks
Hedo Turkoglu - 20 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal
Luis Scola - 18 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal
David Lee - 23 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal
Carlos Delfino - 15 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block
Ersan Ilyasova - 13 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal
Luke Ridnour - 13 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal
Steve Nash - 9 points, 5 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal
Edited by: j41181

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I so glad Dunleavy is back. Now if they can get everyone playing on the same page and get them into rythymn. I'm anxious for Joe Alexander to make his 2009 debut. Probably around 2-3 weeks away.

j41181

Master
Another reason for me to smile today: BENO UDRIH

Beno must be the most under-appreciated & criticized starting guard in the NBA today. I find all the criticisms so unfair, for last season (17-65) was simply NOT his fault. The WHOLE team is to be blamed, coaching staff and management alike. They were simply disorganized and disarray, very much the way NJ Nets are now (0-16). Beno is fighting back big-time, he's been playing so well since Kevin Martin's injury, and he should get 30-35 minutes all the way, even if K-Mart comes back. Beno is one of the better PG's of the NBA, very efficient on both ends of the floor. Tyreke Evans hasn't even dished 7 assists in a game (drops too many TO's), and they say he's a PG, balderdash! Tyreke Evans is simply a scorer, and quite a ball-hog at times. A player like him needs to be countered with a player like Beno, a pass-first (and capable scorer) guard. Sacramento won today, 109-96 over the Nets (now 0-16), look at the performance of both Udrih and Evans:

Udrih - 21 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 TO's
Evans - 21 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 4 TO's

Yeah right! Evans is a PG alright!
smiley36.gif
Any smart basketball fan knows otherwise!

I feel very bad for Brooke Lopez, who's having a tough year for NJ (0-16). He's playing so brilliant though, and he's definitely a future perennial All-Star. Another good news is that Robin Lopez is back in action. His return will give the Suns an extra skilled big in the middle for a deep playoff run. He should be well seasoned come playoff time.

Brooke Lopez - 21 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Robin Lopez - 8 points, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks

Memphis seems to be on role, thanks to the improved chemistry and consistency of everyone on the team in particular, Marc Gasol. I'd be surprised if he becomes an All-Star sometime in the next few years.

Marc Gasol - 19 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 stealEdited by: j41181

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I would say that Ersan Ilyasova passes the "eye test" to be considered a Caucasian athlete.

Yesterday, he had 20 points and 16 boards (7 offensive). Oh yeah, and he was going against Superman's team.

j41181

Master
Ersan Ilyasova is definitely Caucasian, and Turks are actually Caucasians. Unlike Indians, they can easily fall in the white category, just like Felix Sturm (German-Turk). Religion is another thing.

Very impressive game by Bargnani today. He's definitely developing some serious consistency to his overall game, and he's banging boards better, compared to the previous 3 years. If he becomes a 19-7 or 20-8 player, I definitely can see this guy becoming a perennial All-Star in the East. His chances are really good with Kevin Garnett quite old (34 next year)

24 points (8-19 FG's, 1-5 3pt's, 7-7 FT's)
7 rebounds
2 assists,
1 steal
1 block

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The NBA is notorious for inflating announced attendance figures at games. Even so, I noticed that only 2 of the 10 games played yesterday were announced as sellouts (Oklahoma City and the L.A. Lakers). Have any of you guys that watch NBA games noticed more empty seats than usual at the games so far this season?