2009-2010 NBA SEASON

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Gallinari is going to be very good. Also Milicic played 16 minutes for NY last night.  He only scored 4 points on 2 of 4 shooting but grabbed 7 rebounds in the limited time.  By the way nice NBA preview ToughJ.

j41181

Master
Gallinari's performance last night (22 points, 7 triples) was reminiscent of a young Peja Stojakovic. Linas Kleiza actually has a game like Peja, the Denver coaching staff is so stupid for never letting him play his game out.

Bargnani is fast becoming Dirk's true successor. Yi Jianlian is not far behind.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Bargnani had a good game last night.  Where is Hansborough?  He didn't play at all last night.

j41181

Master
Hansbrough's shin bone still needs more time to heal. He might be out for a month I hate to say. Josh McRoberts is not getting any playing time either, and so is Travis Diener.

j41181

Master
Yi Jianlian suffered a nasty knee injury, he's out indefinitely.

Chris Kaman finally leads his Clippers to a W, beating the T'Wolves 93-90.
He's been a beast as of late:

25 points (10-15 FG's, 5-7 FT's)
11 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal
2 blocks

Blake Griffin's injury has really been a huge break for Kaman!

Oleksiy Pecherov had 13 points in 19 minutes. He's been getting serious playing time as of late!
smiley20.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Chase was getting some minutes tonight as well and was having a good game. If they play him 20+ minutes, good things happen. Mission Control to Houston, we have a problem. We need more Chase!

j41181

Master
I just watched the Kings-Memphis game live, and I was jumping off my seat all night:

Marc Gasol - 16 points, 16 rebounds
Spencer Hawes - 21 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists
Beno Udrih - 16 points, 6 assists
Omri Casspi - 15 points
Andres Nocioni - 13 points

With all do respect to Kevin Martin's 48 points, I was many times more impressed to see 5 white players score in double figures. In the case of Beno Udrih, the idiot of the Sacramento Bee (Aileen Voisin) needs to examine her brain and praise on Tyreke Evans (supposed future of Kings). I know he's got a bum ankle for now, but he seems to be a ball-hog to me. Beno Udrih is a lot better at this point, he's got experience, and savvy on both ends. This game proves it, Beno Udrih should be a starter. Aileen Voisin is quite a b---h!!!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Tyreke Evans turns the ball over as much as he dishes assists. You don't want a PG with a 1-1 assist to turnover ratio. His ratio was about that in college and it might become even worse in the NBA. And you're right, he's a "point guard"...I agree, his position is actually BH (ball hog).

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It was refreshing to see the Kings playing 4.5 whites at the same time down the final stretch last night. Udrih, Martin (clearly mixed), Casspi, Nocioni and Hawes. I know the Kings will struggle this year but hopefully they can build a solid white nucleus.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Redick has only played 3 games so far this season but he is averaging 16 ppg and shooting over 50%.  I am really hoping this is the year he breaks out and can continue this success for the rest of the season.  The best shooter in the league should be able to succeed.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Another great game for Steve Nash.  Tonight he scored 30 points and had 8 assists.  He is incredible and anyone who says that he has lost a step is a fool.  

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Another great game for Steve Nash.  Tonight he scored 30 points and had 8 assists.  He is incredible and anyone who says that he has lost a step is a fool.  
He's a once in a life-time legend. He's an All-Star not just this season, but in the next few years until he retires.

j41181

Master
Massive OWNAGE by Dirk Nowitzki against long-time nemesis the Utah Jazz. The Blond Knight dropped a massive 40 points on them. Memo Okur and Andrei Kirilenko were also superb:

Okur - 14 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals 2 blocks

Kirilenko - 12 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks

Nowitzki - 40 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 5 blocks

Mavs won 96-85!!!

j41181

Master
ToughJ.Riggins said:
j41181, I appreciate all the stat tracking you do. Thanks brother, you the man in this section!
Many thanks as always!

It was another strong night for NBA whites, and I'll start with Oleksiy Pecherov:

24 points (9-14 FG's, 1-4 3pt's, 5-5 FT's)
8 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal

Dude stepped up big against Boston, showing no fear against the likes of Rasheed & KG. I hate's to say it, Kevin Love's injury resulted to playing opportunities for this man from the Ukraine.

Andrea Bargnani played like Dirk tonight, dropping the magic on Detroit:

22 points (8-16 FG's, 2-6 3pt's, 4-5 FT's)
12 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
2 blocks

Il Mago is playing like an All-Star, and he might just make it next year.

Ryan Anderson has taken full advantage of Rashard Lewis' suspension, and despite a rough game the other night, his emergence is no fluke. So despite obvious signs his productivity will go down once Rashard Lewis returns, this game proves he is a legitimate NBA threat:

20 points (8-14 FG's, 3-3 3pt's, 1-2 FT's)
10 rebounds
1 assist
1 steal

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How about Milwaukee with another big win tonight. A.Bogut had 17 points and 10 rebounds. L.Ridnour had 16 points in only 22 minutes. I belive it was his first game back from injury. Delfino didn't play well but the Bucks got the win. They have two solid point guards and alot of talent. If only they can get Jumping Joe Alexander healthy. I know they didn't pick up his option for next year but they may change their minds if he can get healthy and make an impact. If not, I hope he comes to Phoenix as the Suns were one of the teams that wanted him but missed out.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Dirk is a FA after this season as well and could come to Phoenix to play with Nash. Alexander could come as well and play alongside Dirk if he can show defensive polish. That would be great if it happens!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
David Lee had 21 points tonight and Gallinari added 17 himself. The Knicks lost but continue to look towards the future with alot of young talent on the team. Toronto won again. They have 3 white starters and they are a joy to watch play.

j41181

Master
I managed to watch the Dallas-Toronto game live, and it was a preview of the present (Dirk Nowitzki) and the future (Andrea Bargnani):

Dirk Nowitzki - 29 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
(12-20 FG's, 3-4 3pt's, 2-2 FT's)

Andrea Bargnani - 22 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block
(8-16 FG's, 3-6 3pt's, 3-3 FT's)

It was a 129-101 massacre for the the Mavericks. JJ Barea had 12 assists (career-high), and Matt Carrol (only American White) managed to chip in 5 points. Carlderon had 13 points, 7 assists. A great game I watched!! Edited by: j41181

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I've been watching football all day. I would have tuned in if I would have known sooner. I would rather see Dirk win most of the battles now as he only has so many years left. Can you just imagine how good Toronto would be if you added Nowitzki to that team? I love Dirk. Another great game. Awesome game by Bargnani as well.

j41181

Master
With Dirk's God-given durability, he'll be around a little bit longer, and he would fit well with any NBA team, as long as the coach ain't Larry Brown. I too agree, much better to see Dirk to win most of his games. To those who keep criticizing Dirk's defense, you don't help a team win 500+ games (in over a decade) w/o being able to play some type of defense!

The Sacramento-Utah game saw 5 white starters:

Beno Udrih - 15 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists
Spencer Hawes - 7 points, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block
Andres Nocioni - 14 points, 5 rebounds
Memo Okur - 16 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist
Andrei Kirilenko - 10 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block

Sacramento won the game 104-99. With all do respect to Tyreke Evans (32 points), I think he's better suited as a scoring guard, as oppose to being the point guard. Beno Udrih is, and should be the team's designated floor general. With Kevin Martin out indefinitely, Urdih might just be that (the team's PG), with Evans being the team's scorer. Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
Hot digy-dy-dog, Chris Kaman is on a roll, baby! Another win for the Clippers (113-110 over Memphis), and another big game from Kaman:

26 points (8-16 FG's, 10-12 FT's)
9 rebounds
4 assists
1 steal
1 block

The blond dude has 6 straight 20-point games!
smiley32.gif

Marc Gasol had 10 points and 13 rebounds.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree, Tyreke Evans is much more of a scorer than he is a floor general. His assist to TO ratio hurts as the point man. Good analysis J41181!

I don't think Dirk would be a good fit in Toronto. Toronto is already very strong in the front court with Bosh and Bargnani. Bosh is a little bit of a poor man's Dirk (he likes face up scoring), but he is younger. Bargnani is a bit of a poor man's Dirk right now as well.