2007 NFL Week 13

G

A few minutes into the first quarter I was thinking couldn't these castewhores find a white man who could play corner at least at this level? Primarily at least to me it was the one motion that threw the CBs into confusion.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Gi-15 said:
whiteafflete15 said:
Watching Packers RB Ryan Grant run has reminded how succesful Luke Staley could have been in the NFL. Grant isn't that shifty at all, he just makes a cut and runs foward or he makes an effort to fight for extra yardage, yet he is an effective runner. I was pretty young and didn't watch as much football when Staley played, but after seeing highlights, Staley appeared to be the same type of player, only much stronger and faster. He made a cut, stuck with it, then flat out outran the opposition. Damn shame. I think he would've been a top 5 back in the NFL. I know he's been discussed before, but his lost potential really hit me even harder just now.

you're right dude. Grant is THE prime example why there should be more white runners in the NFL. He makes me think about Lumsden with his running style. Find the hole, hit it as fast and hard as you can. But, when you look at it, Grant went undrafted too.

yeah, and he spent a year on Giants practice squad too. the difference is, that they kept him around and gave him a shot. no doubt in my mind Lumsden, Englehart and of course Staley (although here injuries played a part) could have been just as, or more, succesful in the NFL

ARRRRGHH!! You mentioned Luke Staley and injuries. This always gets me started because DWF's always say that Staley never got a shot because of "injuries" (I'm not saying that was your intent).

Staley was HEALTHY coming out of BYU. Yet he was drafted in the 7th round, he did not get injured until the preseason with the Lions where he tore an ACL, the same thing that happened with Willis McGahee in his last college game (McGahee's was actually worse he tore several ligaments).

McGahee went in the first round of course and the team waited for him to heal. Luke was healthy and playing well the next year in summer camp after rehab when he pulled a hamstring. The Lions decided to cut him for that. So the injury that ended Staley's career was a pulled hamstring. When the Lions cut Staley they kept the following superstar black running backs: Autry Denson, Shawn Bryson, Avon Cobourne, Artose Pinner. Yes that's right the lions didn't even want to take a practice team spot with the best combination of speed and power since Jim Brown.

The previous Doak Walker Award winner, Ladanian Tomlinson and the following winner, Larry Johnson, are "All-world" running backs, who both have been injured in their careers. Of the three which one is now currently a pharmacutical salesman????

I noticed in a pre draft write up on Staley that he resembled Craig James, Tom Matte, and Ed Podalak in running style. Wonder why they picked those 3 guys????? What about Red Grange and Bronco Nagurski?

devans

Mentor
jaxvid said:
I noticed in a pre draft write up on Staley that he resembled Craig James, Tom Matte, and Ed Podalak in running style. Wonder why they picked those 3 guys????? What about Red Grange and Bronco Nagurski?
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Us white people must have a running style all of our own! Perhaps we run with no soul, or no rhythm.

backrow

Hall of Famer
injuries (rookie year) and his skin color was just too much to overcome. caste system will use any excuses it can possibly can to stop white players before they get going.

bigunreal

Mentor
Brett Favre continues to show that he is just as self- centered (and white hating) as any black afflete. His refusal to come up to Rodgers and talk with him, give him advice or even just pat him on the back for the way he was playing is inexcusable. However, considering that Favre publicly stated that it "wasn't his job" to mentor Rodgers after the Packers drafted him, it isn't surprising in the least. That is exactly the attitude that so many black players have. It's also just one of the many reasons to not like Brett Favre.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
Brett Favre continues to show that he is just as self- centered (and white hating) as any black afflete. His refusal to come up to Rodgers and talk with him, give him advice or even just pat him on the back for the way he was playing is inexcusable. However, considering that Favre publicly stated that it "wasn't his job" to mentor Rodgers after the Packers drafted him, it isn't surprising in the least. That is exactly the attitude that so many black players have. It's also just one of the many reasons to not like Brett Favre.

Not to mention Favre leaving the field with 2:00 minutes left in the game. He was on the sidelines the entire time he came out of the locker room, why didn't he wait and walk off with his teammates when it was over? Everyone gave Randy Moss a bunch of sh*t when he walked off the field with the game still going on - will they do the same with Favre?

I am usually one of the first to stick up for maligned white players on this board, but sometimes I just can't stomach Favre and the things he does. He upset me when he threw Mark Chmura under the boss, followed by his treatment of Schroeder, and then his entire offensive line when he gave the record setting sack to Strahan.

He is one of the few white players that I actually do not like, regardless of his play on the field.
smiley5.gif

G

You guys have to be kidding!

This is castefootball, and we criticize the best, most popular, toughest
most charismatic, most well loved white athlete of the last TWENTY
YEARS????

OK so Brett isn't perfect, OK Strahan is his buddy so F- what? He is the
only white athlet who can do no wrong in the eyes of the press. He
throws an interception, someone ran the wrong route, he gets sacked,
someone didn't block his man. He even gets poor ghetto athlete
sympathy for his alcoholism.

I may be in the minority, but nobody's perfect and I look up to Brett Farve.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The fact the caste system media like a white football player should be almost enough reason to make us suspicious of him anyway.
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Congratulations guys this is the 100th Brett Favre dispute on castefootball! You all win free access to the site for 1 year!
smiley4.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Congratulations guys this is the 100th Brett Favre dispute on castefootball! You all win free access to the site for 1 year!
smiley4.gif

Hey jax, when the guy keeps doing stupid things, it's bound to keep coming up!
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
He's a tough one to understand, I've given up on trying to figure him out. I've been on both sides of the Favre dispute (and been right both times!
smiley2.gif
)

He sure was a good fantasy QB though, I've had him for a couple of years and he really racks up the points, now if he's inujured I'll have to turn to Vince Young.
smiley18.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
He's a tough one to understand, I've given up on trying to figure him out. I've been on both sides of the Favre dispute (and been right both times!
smiley2.gif
)

He sure was a good fantasy QB though, I've had him for a couple of years and he really racks up the points, now if he's inujured I'll have to turn to Vince Young.
smiley18.gif
If you have Radio as your backup qb you must be playing in the equivalent of the lowball league....
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I've been on both sides of the Favre dispute (and been right both times!
smiley2.gif
)
smiley18.gif

Good stuff jaxvid! That sounds a lot like something Jimmy Chitwood would say.
smiley36.gif

What I always wondered was why Staley never tried his luck in the CFL or Arena League. It bothers me when these talented Whites simply quit after being screwed over. Especially with injuries and all, it would have given him a chance to prove he still had it.Edited by: TorontoArgos

Gi-15 said:
Well, Staley did try the AFL, but didn't make it. Anyway, he would have been a FB-LB and never used his talent as a runner.
That's a real shame. They don't even use TBs in the Arena League. Why weren't CFL teams all over this guy?

TorontoArgos said:
Gi-15 said:
Well, Staley did try the AFL, but didn't make it. Anyway, he would have been a FB-LB and never used his talent as a runner.
That's a real shame. They don't even use TBs in the Arena League. Why weren't CFL teams all over this guy?

they very well might have been. some guys would just rather give up than go to canada i suppose.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some stupid Utah fans refer to and make fun of Staley on the radio. They always bring up him working in a mall. Sad stuff from small minded people.

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, that's a new low... in TExans - Titans pregame, Gannon stated Texans have two great wide receivers, i'm thinking: finally Walter gets some recognition, and then he names them: Andre Johnson and Andre Davis... WTF? not a wordabout Kevin Walter or even Daniels who are clearly key receivers for Houston.

Jared Allen and Jared DeVries both got a sack already, Dallas Clark just caught a short TD pass too

make it 2 sacks for Allen!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kevin Curtis TD!

Schobel, Bingham also had sacks

and
smiley36.gif
at Rams. they keep insisting on Pittman running a ball. today this phenom has 2 carries for -2 yards.

and i think Jared Allen just had a receiving TD!!!
smiley4.gif

Edited by: backrow

They better get Leonard some carries. It's obvious that Pittman is inferior. If things don't change Leonard should request a trade, but being the humble white he is he'll be content blocking for inferior players for the next 10 years. Just look at happened at Rutgers.
smiley5.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
5 TD, 13 INT.

Rex Grossman? Brian Griese? Eli Manning? Joey Harrington?

No.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome.. Your Leader... The Winner...VINCE YOUNG!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Dallas Clark just got his second TD of the game after a penalty wiped out Anthony Gonzalez' score.

looks like a good day of NFL to me!
smiley1.gif

the "official" reason for brian not getting any carries is because he is playing FB and they dont want to tire him out
smiley5.gif

they said on a radio feed that im listening to is that they are trying to figure out if Leonard can play FB its a scary thought if the rams managment decide he cant will become the good old special teams demon
smiley7.gif