2007 NFL Week 13

Bart

Hall of Famer
whiteafflete15 said:
that brady pic was bullsh*t! welker was hit before the pass came in causing that deflection! awful officiating. and i agree brady definately missed welker

I'm listening to the game by radio. Boomer said the Patriots got jobbed on that play big time. He also said a long pass to Moss should have had a penalty called on Baltimore, but I can't see what is happening on the field.

backrow

Hall of Famer
whiteafflete15 said:
and i agree brady definately missed welker

yeah, did you see that? it's almost like Brady was trying to go somewhere else, weird as it seems. maybe he's trying to keep Watson (who dropped 3 balls in this game already) happy? no idea...

at least Heath Evans punched it in on a following possession.

Bart

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
whiteafflete15 said:
and i agree brady definately missed welker

yeah, did you see that? it's almost like Brady was trying to go somewhere else, weird as it seems. maybe he's trying to keep Watson (who dropped 3 balls in this game already) happy? no idea...

Yeah, I've seen him do that before. Bothers me I must admit.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Why didn't Faulk try to get the first down?? WTF??

And then the idiot Ravens call a timeout on the sideline, they stop the Pats on 4th and 1 and now the Patriots will get another shot!
smiley36.gif

Is it it just me or are the Ravens getting away with *ahem* murder on defense?

backrow

Hall of Famer
man, Pats got luuuuuuuuuucky... on the other hand props to Ravens for shutting Welker down, although Brady seemed to be out of sync with his receivers tonight...

Wes got only 18 yards tonight...
smiley19.gif
at least Heath Evans scored.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
How about kicking off from the opponent's 35 yard line? That's hilarious!
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Why didn't Faulk try to get the first down?? WTF??

Boomer couldn't understand why Faulk ran out of bounds being short of the first down, and if he had turned in he would have made it easily. It seemed like the wind was a big factor in the passing games. Theis usually gives a big advantage to the defense, especially a strong one like Baltimore's. Boomer also said every penalty against the ravens was justified at the end of the game. I think Belichick should have tried for an on side kick or squibbed it instead kicking it through the end zone. This is another game the Pats could / should have lost. Bart Scott is going to get fined severely. Nice display. Ha ha. I still say Brady has ice water in his veins.

bigunreal

Mentor
The script writers really threw us some curve balls this week. First, the Redskins fail to win on Sean Taylor Day, then the Ravens fall just short of pulling an amazing upset on Monday Night Football, after their respected leader, Killer Ray Lewis, has been recorded dedicating this game to their "brother" Sean Taylor.

Sean Taylor wasn't a very lucky guy. First, killed by robbers who didn't take anything (thus salvaging the official party line that he "had turned his life around"), then two teams dediate their games to his memory, and each team fails to win.

Hockaday

Guru
I watched most of the game and it seemed like the Raven DBs had the green light from their coaches to hack away and grab and do whatever it takes to keep the Pats from getting into a rhythm. The refs can't catch them all, and it's worth a few flags to keep the Patriots from getting any momentum going. And it almost worked.

Hockaday said:
I watched most of the game and it seemed like the Raven DBs had the green light from their coaches to hack away and grab and do whatever it takes to keep the Pats from getting into a rhythm. The refs can't catch them all, and it's worth a few flags to keep the Patriots from getting any momentum going. And it almost worked.

Thank you. I'm glad someone else noticed. They commited defensive holds/illegal contacts the entire game, and the refs only called a handful. Moss and Welker were especially held. The pic on Brady was caused by a Ravens DB tackling Welker before the ball got there, inhibiting him from making a play on the ball and causing the deflection. No wonder the receivers couldn't get open. That's why I think it would've been advantageous to throw a few screens to Welker and others, since that defense will bite on anything and the DBs don't have a chance to push and shove. But hey, a win's a win. Another huge miss by teh refs was that last bomb by Boller. Derrick Mason shoved a Patrios player then proceeded to tackle Asante Samuel down. No offensive pass interference was called. Terrible, at least they'll see this tape and see how much they missed.

whiteathlete33 said:
Noone can tell me that out of the whole U.S. population we can only have one Kevin Curtis and one Wes Welker. The rest of the whites who play football must be slow. Yea right.

Oh, there's plently of them. They just don't make it past high school or college ball because the obvious discrimination. The ones that do succeed and make it to the top (White genetic phenoms) are also playing other sports like lacrosse, hockey, MMA, etc. because the "anti-White" agenda hasn't hit those sports yet. Although, as we have all seen, it has already started to rear its ugly head in the UFC.

Mark my words though...

"It will NEVER happen in hockey."

The circumstances surrounding the way a pro hockey player is developed over the years is FAR different than football or basketball. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure the powers-that-be will do their best to try...but it won't happen.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think several people on this forum noticed that the Ravens were getting away with proverbial murder on defense (see page 6.)

It was funny listening to McAlister after the game. He said that the league has already crowned the Patriots, that they wanted them to win, and that the refs gave the game to them.
If anything, it looked to me to be the opposite. The refs let a number of holding and pass interference penalties go uncalled. The few that they did call were so blatant they couldn't over look them. And the Patriots still won the game.

I hope the Pats go undefeated.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
whiteafflete15 said:
Right now it's somewhat understandable that Pittman's playnig since he had a decent performance not too long ago. But if his production drops (like it has been), so should he, just like what happened to Leonard and either Leonard or another back should supplant him.

Like I said before. Teams are very superstitious. They tend not to make changes when they're winning.

Don't forget he has the best hands on the team, maybet the league, so he won't add to that 8% drop rate you mentioned. Biletnikoff award winners have always shown they can be productive NFL players, if not superstars.

If he hasn't played a snap, you don't know how good or bad his hands are. Calvin Johnson had great hands in college and practice. In actual games, he hasn't.

I wouldn't call 18th in the league for pass attempts "pass happy." Do the math. 32 teams. 18th. That means more than half the NFL teams pass more than the Bears. Plus, no team EVER wants drops, regardless of how many times you throw the ball. Next time you come here and argue, at least make halfway decent arguments.

Sorry, but I've done the math. When 9 other teams have more passing attempts, you're 10th in the league in attempts. The Redskins are 18th.

I never said teams "want" dropped passes. Pitchers don't want walks or wild pitches. Batters don't want to strike out. Basketball players don't want bricked shots. However, being that athletes are human, and not robots, wild pitches, strikeouts, bricked shots, and drops are a part of their respective games. Coaches use a risk/reward ratio to evaluate whether each particular player's positives are worth absorbing their negatives (dropped passes, fumbles, etc).
1tReggie BushNO 8
1tDallas ClarkInd&nbs p;8
1tBraylon Edwards Cle8
1tDevery Henderson NO8
1tSantana MossWas&nbsp ;8
1tTerrell OwensDal&nbs p;8

These 6 guys are the NFL Leaders in Passes Dropped through Thursday. Coaches feel what they bring to the table far outweighs the negatives of 8 dropped passes. It's a lost down, not a turnover, or lost points. They're not the end of the world as we know it. Yea, lets cut TO and Braylon Edwards because of 8 lost downs.. even though they stretch the field, and will make it up on the very next play.

Alex Rodriguez, Prince Fielder, Ryan Howard, Carlos Pena, and Adam Dunn had 747 strikeouts between them. Those outs were a small price to pay for their in consideration of their 237 home runs. That's how it works.

Sorry to bring an old thread up again, but if all those top players have 8 drops with 4 games left to go this year, than why was Matt Jones "crucified" in Jacksonville after showing big play potential while learning a new position for a mere "two drops" last year. See it the way you like, but I think that refutes your point.

Why wouldn't the Bears play Hass? Hass isn't a blazer, but is faster than several good starters in the league today. His game reminds me of a young Issac Bruce. Hass runs excellent routes, is lightning quick and has excellent body control and hands. IMO Hass would quickly prove better than the unimpressive Rashied Davis and washed up Muhammad if given a chance. Hass ran a 6.59 3 cone drill at his Proday which would be a top 10 time at the combine in the last 9 years. We will probably never get to find out about Hass though with "BlackLOVIE" Smith at the Helm even though the Bears would only have something to gain by seeing if Hass can play with the big boys.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

The fastest 40 time I can find for Patrick Crayton, the solid Cowboys number 2 receiver is a 4.58. I've seen it as slow as 4.74 though. Anyone who says speed is the reason Hass can'tr play is full of sh*t. He's faster than a good portion of the NFl and a hell of alot better of a recevier than them to boot. Racist NFL

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"His game reminds me of a young Issac Bruce."

A simply great comparison, TJR. I know Hass can play with anyone on this planet (and beat them badly) because I've watched him do it again and again against quality PAC-10 competition.

In all honesty, I don't know that Hass' skillset would be suited for a #1 WR position, much like Bruce. Hass would be an amazing #3 and an even better #2 at the NFL level. I know alot of guys here at CF have labeled him a "lost cause" and "wasted potential," but I know for sure that Mike Hass will get his chance in the NFL within a year or so. I think all of us here know that when he gets that single chance, he will SHINE like the star he is.

Maybe all that time he wasted drafted late, getting cut, signed/released, and being inactive during games has made him very angry. Once they give him his shot, the NFL fans will always remember his name...

BTW - Hass is featured on the PAC-10's offical website, check it out...

www.pac-10.org

Edited by: Thrashen

speedster

Mentor
Tartan Pride you mention conspiracies created by posters on this site,but how can you blame us, with so many white players getting screwed over what do you expect.I'm not that naive to think that every white WR that makes it to the NFL is of pro bowl ability and if he gets cut it's bull yet how do we know for sure.For example let's say a black guy is up for a promotion at work he figures it's a slam dunk then he doesn't get it what's the first thing he will say.Because I'm black.Well it's the same thing for me when it comes to white athletes.Until things change noticeabally I will always be suspicious.

Thrashen said:
"His game reminds me of a young Issac Bruce."

A simply great comparison, TJR. I know Hass can play with anyone on this planet (and beat them badly) because I've watched him do it again and again against quality PAC-10 competition.

In all honesty, I don't know that Hass' skillset would be suited for a #1 WR position, much like Bruce. Hass would be an amazing #3 and an even better #2 at the NFL level. I know alot of guys here at CF have labeled him a "lost cause" and "wasted potential," but I know for sure that Mike Hass will get his chance in the NFL within a year or so. I think all of us here know that when he gets that single chance, he will SHINE like the star he is.

Maybe all that time he wasted drafted late, getting cut, signed/released, and being inactive during games has made him very angry. Once they give him his shot, the NFL fans will always remember his name...

BTW - Hass is featured on the PAC-10's offical website, check it out...

www.pac-10.org

I agree with you Thrashen and I'm sticking the prediction I made in the preseason (in the David Ball vs Mike Hass thread). Mike is simply too talented to be denied on a team this poor in terms of receivers. Hass will get his chance whether that be next season, late this season or three years down the road. And I think his chance will be with the Bears too, even if it's down the road and not immediate. So far I've been pretty accurate with my predictions. Hopefully that continues.