Wladimir Klitschko

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Wladimir Klitschko to fight tonight

Klitschko hopes to bounce back against Williamson

October 2, 2004
LAS VEGAS (Ticker) - After being knocked out twice in the last 18 months, Wladimir Klitschko hopes to defuse the theory that he is merely a media myth.

That must start Saturday night, when Klitschko faces DaVarryl Williamson in the featured heavyweight fight on a card also boasting two title bouts at the new outdoor Amphitheatre at Caesars Palace.

It wasn't long ago that the younger Wladimir was being hailed as the better of the two Klitschko brothers. Now older brother Vitali holds the WBC title while Wladimir's stock has fallen.

The fall started in March 2003 when Wladimir Klitschko (42-3, 39 KOs) was knocked out by Corrie Sanders. Then on April 10, Klitschko was knocked out in the fifth round by Lamon Brewster in a fight for the vacant WBO title.

"I think enough time has passed, almost six months," Klitschko said. "It was not easy for me to handle getting upset in April. It is in the past.

"I think this fight with DaVarryl Williamson is going to be very, very interesting because everyone is wondering which one of us will survive. I am focused and looking forward to it."

Williamson (20-2, 17 KOs) is hoping to rebound as well after being knocked out in the first round by Joe Mesi in September 2003.

"To beat the former WBO champion, the former 1996 super heavyweight Olympic gold medalist, would be huge," Williamson said. "This is the biggest fight I've had in my career. This is definitely my biggest test to date."

Before his chin and stamina was exposed by Sanders and Brewster, the 6-7 Klitschko was touted by many as the heir apparent to Lennox Lewis. Both are trained by Emmanuel Steward.

Maybe the most anticipated fight on the card is the rematch of a 2001 slugfest between IBF junior middleweight champion Verno Phillips (38-9-1, 20 KOs) and Kassim Ouma (19-1-1, 13 KOs). Ouma won the first showdown by unanimous decision.

In the first fight of the night, Syd Vanderpool (35-2, 23 KOs) will face Jeff Lacy (16-0, 13 KOs) for the vacant IBF super middleweight title.

Four years ago, Vanderpool beat Glen Johnson, earning a shot against Bernard Hopkins for the middlewight title. Johnson recently knocked out Roy Jones Jr.

The fights will be televised by Showtime.

white lightning
(10/2/04 5:27 pm)
Reply re:vladimir

Vladimir reminds me a little bit of Tommy Morrison. I loved
Morrison back in his prime because he just knocked almost
everyone out within the first 5 rounds.He was the white
version of Tyson but not as bad of a thug.Morrison's Uncle
is the great John Wayne. The problem with Morrison was that
he got tired quickly and had no chin.Some of his fights that
he won,he got off the mat and came back to knock the other
guy out.Vladimir is very strong and a good fighter but he lacks
a chin.I think Vitaliy is the better and smarter of the two and
thats why he is the Heavyweight Champion. If Vladimir wants
to win tonight,he needs to lead with his jab more and fight a
smart fight.He needs to pick the times to go all out.He needs
to pace himself and keep his hands up.I hope he can win
tonight because seeing 2 white guys that are brothers dominate boxing is very nice to see.Good luck to him tonight.
white lightning
(10/3/04 12:15 am)
Reply re:klitschko

Well he won the fight tonight to improve his record to 43 wins
and 3 losses. It was a ugly fight.He won 4 out of the 5 rounds
but the fight was stopped due to cuts caused by a unintentional but. Klitschko looked similar to the other fights
and was tired & cut. The bottom line though is that he won
on the score cards and a win is a win. I still say that his
older brother Vitaliy is night & day a better fighter. Vitaliy
is smarter,quicker, and craftier. I don't see him losing the
belt for several years and I think that he can possibly win
all 3 belts.
bjcash
(10/3/04 11:19 am)
Reply | Edit Re: re:klitschko PICS

Klitschko endures more misery in win over Williamson

October 3, 2004
LAS VEGAS (Ticker) - Wladimir Klitschko may have gotten back in the win column but he left with even more questions.

Klitschko suffered yet another bloody cut - caused by a head butt in the fifth round - and when they went to the scorecards, the lumbering Ukranian was awarded a split technical decision over DaVarryl Williamson.

In the featured attraction on a loaded card, Klitschko looked good early but was dropped by Williamson in the fourth. Klitschko regrouped and battled back in the latter half of the fourth and was winning the fifth when the two fighters crashed heads.

Klitschko returned to his corner with a nasty cut across the bridge of his nose. After a brief examination by the ringside physician, the fight was halted and turned over to the judges' cards through five rounds.

Chuck Giampa and Jerry Roth saw the fight the same, 49-46, in favor of Klitschko. Judge David Tucker had it 48-47 for Williamson.

Klitschko, who was coming off a pair of knockout losses, improved to 43-3. But he continues to struggle in the spotlight, battling fatigue and blood issues.

"He is a tough fighter," Klitschko said. "It was not easy to fight him. It definitely was a head butt but I wanted to continue. I feel I was winning the fight. I was winning every round."

Klitschko's trainer Emmanuel Steward thought Williamson's style hurt his fighter.

"It was a good fight," Steward said. "It is hard to fight a guy who is always running backward. Even on the knockdown, it was more a case of him being off-balance."

Williamson, who fell to 20-3, thought the premature stoppage killed his chances.

"I felt I was ahead but I thought it was close," Williamson said. "My fighting style is based on conditioning, so therefore everything was going according to my plans. This is unfinished business."

Heavyweight boxer Andrew Golata talks to press after announcing his fight with WBA Champion John Ruiz in New York, October 2, 2004. Golata will fight a twelve round championship bout with Ruiz at Madison Square Garden in New York November 13, 2004

Hatton knocks out American Stewart in five

October 1, 2004
MANCHESTER, England (AP) -- Unbeaten Ricky Hatton knocked out Mike Stewart in the fifth round Friday to retain his World Boxing Union light-welterweight title for the 15th time and set up a shot at the more prestigious IBF championship.

Hatton, who has won all 37 of his fights, floored the American with a right hand to the body in the opening round and then dropped him with a right to the chin.

Stewart, who had never been stopped before, took more punishment to the head and body in the next few rounds before being floored for the third and final time with a left hook three seconds from the end of the fifth round.

Stewart lost for the fifth time in 41 fights.

``I got him on the deck twice in the first round and he came back at me,'' Hatton said. ``It was incredibly courageous. But he was soaking up punches and I was opening him up.''

Hatton next should get a chance to fight for the IBF title. Kostya Tszyu and Sharmba Mitchell will meet Nov. 6 for the IF championship, and Hatton could meet the winner.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am anxious to see the Golatta/Ruiz Fight!I believe that
Golatta will win this fight.It will be close because Ruiz
likes to hold alot and has a good chin.I think it will go
back & forth with Golatta pulling out the decision.Regardless of who wins,rumor is that Klitschko
wants to fight the winner to try to get 2 of the 3
major heavy weight championship belts!Klitschko would
destroy either one of these guys but I would rather see
it be a all white Heavyweight Championship.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I would rather see an all-white heavy weight championship fight too however the only way for a white fighter to get credit is to beat non-whites. Nobody will take Klitschko seriously until he beats a "name" black fighter. I would wager you that 9 out of ten people would take Tyson in a fight against Klitschko. Nobody I know thinks Klitschko is legitimate.

G

boxing is weak...the best fighters are UFC and most of them are white.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would have to agree with you Jaxvid.Klitschko will suprise alot of people.He is no Gerry Cooney.I see him
holding the title for at least 3 to 5 years.He is that
good.

Klitschko does need to whip several blacks in a row, just to get a smidgen of positive press.

NHB fighting is dominated by whites because it is more dependent on strength and endurance than a thick skull, which many blacks and mestizos do in fact possess. However, there are talented whites who are kept from moving up the ranks in boxing because of the powers that be, who do not want whites to win in the ring. It's all part of a big program of social conditioning. But the pendulum always swings back the other way, and that has started. Back to NHB fighting - as it grows in popularity, watch for rule changes or bad decisions designed to try and get more black and browns to the top.

It would be funny to see Randy Couture fight ANY top black heavyweight, no holds barred. He would literally crush any of them within 45 seconds.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even though Golata has had a up and down career,I will be rooting for him tonight against Ruiz.Andrew Golatta has so much talent but is very undisciplined in the ring
sometimes.He had Riddick Bowe beat twice but kept throwing low blows in a fight he was winning.He just needs to keep it all together mentally.He has all of the
physical tools.He knocked our the Samoan Sampson Pohua in only 3 rounds recently.He went the distance with Chris
Bryd who holds one of the Heavyweight Belts.He can beat
John Ruiz.If he can just keep his head straight.I want nothing more than a Klitschko/Golatta fight down the road to unify the belts.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Golatta lost to Ruiz on a decision. Golatta knocked Ruiz down twice early and had him wobbly a couple of times. Ruiz trainer was tossed during the fight. If a white guy has to depend on judges to win a fight he is in trouble. Golatta said before the fight he would retire if he lost. Hopefully the good effort will keep him fighting.

dkr77

Guru
I believe No holds barred competition will eventually overrun boxing. The fighters are generally intelligent and well spoken and the majority are white. It is more of a thinking mans sport and seems to be getting more popular with mainstream america. Champions like Randy Couture, Frank Mir and Matt Hughes are excellent role models for young people and it's very exciting to watch. Don King will NEVER recieve a dime of my money.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
dkr77, if you can get information and articles for the castefootball website on these sports please send them in. I have trouble finding information about them, they're not covered much by the major media. I'm sure Don would happily cover these sports more if someone who was knowledgeable provided input. Thanks!

Sherdog.com is a decent site to keep track of some of the NHB fighting news. It's disappointing in a way to see some of these contests changing their format, their "rules" to make them more like a typical boxing match, all the better for thick skulled blacks and mestizos (yes, it's a fact that their skulls are thicker on average). I've always thought that NHB would have ended up being trumpeted by the media IF the "minawties" had dominated. But since whites dominate the blacks and browns in NHB, it doesn't get much press. In fact, it gets "tool" politicians like McCain trying to kill it!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
dkr77 and everyone else, feel free to email me material on any sport. There's all kind of interesting stuff going on all the time that I'm not aware of. A lot of it can be posted on this board, or sent to me and used on the main portion of the site itself.

dkr77

Guru
No problem guys. Anyone out there with DISH network or DIRECT TV watch for PPV events like King Of The Cage ( KOTC ), Ultimate Fighting Championship ( UFC ) or Pride, which is a japanese no holds barred promotion. The Pride heaveyweight champ is a russian named Fedor Emelineko (spelling?). Fedor is trained in sambo, which is a russian submission fighting art, and is VERY heavy handed. Another top contender is Mirko "Cro-Cop" Filipovic" who is a croation cop trained in kickboxing with devastating power in his hands and feet. The UFC's current heavyweight champ is Frank Mir who is a submission artist withdecent Muai Thai skills. All of these promotions have some very skilled white fighters as champions and contenders. If your interested in reading more about NHB fighting here are some web sites- www.insidefighting.com / www.mmaweekly.com / www.mmatv.com / www.sherdog.com / www.fullcontactfighter.com / www.ufctv.com . A word of warning, most of these sites have message boards filled with young, inmature, egalitarian minded people posting on them. Take what they say with a grain of salt or they will most likely get on your nerves.I have a fairly large video library soIf anyone decides to purchase any tapes of these events let me know so Ican recommendsome ofthe more entertaining matches. Good luck.

dkr77

Guru
Don, By the way I recieved your letter the other day and tried to help out by sending a donation. Hope everything works out for the publication. Dan

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hope everyone gets to see the fight tonight.I fully expect Klitschko to knock out Danny Williams of England.
I'm a little dissapointed that it's not Tyson who he will
be knocking out.They were going to fight but Mike got
knocked out by Williams to stop the fight from happening.
There is nothing that I would have enjoyed more than to
see Iron Mike,lol,get put on his butt by a white guy
because Tyson loves to knock out white guys.He has said
it on many occasions as he is very racist.By the way,Tyson got arrested in AZ for jumping on the hood of a man's car as he was leaving a bar.Go figure!Hopefully tonight it will by Klitschko by KO!!He is a excellent role model for the Caste System.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Klitschko did everything that was expected of him. He destroyed Danny Williams.He almost knocked him out in
the first round with 2 knockdowns.He went on to knock
him down around 5 times and they stopped the fight in
the 9th round.He dominated the fight and the media is
starting to mention him in the same breath as L. Lewis!
Klitschko will continue to win as he has the total package.He also has a iron solid chin!Great fight!

dkr77

Guru
The fight will be on HBO this weekend. Klitchko boxed well and his jab had Williams all busted up by the third round. I am a little concerned about Klitchkos' stamina but I do believe he is the future of the heavyweight division. I would like to see his brother get back on track also.

If the E. European heavyweights are able to overcome the latin American criminal syndicates like the WBA, WBC, etc. they will take over the heavyweight division.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Congratulations are in order to Wlad in his engagement to marry longtime girlfriend Hayden Panettieri.

99a1b6c0-3100-11e3-bffe-00cd77835036

foobar75

Master
It appears that their wedding has been delayed due to the recent turmoil in Ukraine, but they are not waiting to start a family. Panettieri is reportedly pregnant with the couple's first child:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-hayden-panettiere-pregnant-baby-wladimir-klitschko-20140528-story.html

I wouldn't normally think twice about a piece of news like this, but the following quote caught my attention:

"I’ve lived a very big life, and I don’t feel my age, and I feel like I was born to be a mother. ... Motherhood is the most beautiful, exciting thing and there’s nothing that I feel like I can’t accomplish while having children in my life," she told Glamour in May 2013. "I would sacrifice having more years of being wherever I want whenever I want for years with my kids."

It's quite unbelievable to hear something like this in this day and age from today's modern Western woman, a Hollywood celeb, no less. Hayden clearly has not been poisoned by feminism and from what I could tell, she seems like a genuinely nice girl. Wlad, of course, needs no introduction. I always thought they were a bit of an odd couple, with the age, height, and many other differences of where they come from. But I think they've both struck gold in finding each other. I wish them happiness and a large family with many more white children.

Westside

Hall of Famer
It appears that their wedding has been delayed due to the recent turmoil in Ukraine, but they are not waiting to start a family. Panettieri is reportedly pregnant with the couple's first child:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-hayden-panettiere-pregnant-baby-wladimir-klitschko-20140528-story.html

I wouldn't normally think twice about a piece of news like this, but the following quote caught my attention:

"I’ve lived a very big life, and I don’t feel my age, and I feel like I was born to be a mother. ... Motherhood is the most beautiful, exciting thing and there’s nothing that I feel like I can’t accomplish while having children in my life," she told Glamour in May 2013. "I would sacrifice having more years of being wherever I want whenever I want for years with my kids."

It's quite unbelievable to hear something like this in this day and age from today's modern Western woman, a Hollywood celeb, no less. Hayden clearly has not been poisoned by feminism and from what I could tell, she seems like a genuinely nice girl. Wlad, of course, needs no introduction. I always thought they were a bit of an odd couple, with the age, height, and many other differences of where they come from. But I think they've both struck gold in finding each other. I wish them happiness and a large family with many more white children.
I agree Foobar75, very relevant post. Thanks, great to hear an accomplished White actress feels this way.