where is luke staley?

mark b.

just curious to see if anybody knows what luke is doing now? I really thought he had the potential to be a really great running back in the nfl. I thought he was kinda a combination of john riggins and craig james. You don,t get backs like that very often. I figured we might hear from him again, but maybe his injury finished him for good. Anybody got an update?

backrow

Hall of Famer
last i've heard he tried out for AFL Utah Blaze but didn't make the cut (wtf).

he works as insurance agent or some such atm.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Luke was working in a kiosk in a Salt Lake City mall before trying out with the Blaze. He didn't make the final cut and is probably still doing that job, or something similar. Its a sad thing. They recognized him at a BYU game last year and I saw him on the field for a moment. People still talk about him a lot at BYU. If he had returned for his senior year, he would have broken many more records there. His uniform is in the BYU sports museum right now.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Luke was working in a kiosk in a Salt Lake City mall before trying out with the Blaze. He didn't make the final cut and is probably still doing that job, or something similar. Its a sad thing. They recognized him at a BYU game last year and I saw him on the field for a moment. People still talk about him a lot at BYU. If he had returned for his senior year, he would have broken many more records there. His uniform is in the BYU sports museum right now.
I hope he isn't flat broke, that maybe the case if he is doing that job. Sometimes athletes will take jobs like that to allow themselves time to train and avoid strenous manual labour which can burn you out.