What Really Happened?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know what happened to the website What Really Happened (dot-com)? It was an excellent source of news and commentary that was updated several times per day. A few weeks ago it went down and has stayed down. Just wondering if anyone knows if it's a temporary or permanent condition.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
No, the link doesn't work for me, nor does it work with www after the http://. I look at a large number of websites on a regular basis and this is the only one I can't access. Strange.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The link works for me. Some pretty cool info on the site as well. Thanks for mentioning it, Don!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Don , when I am on this site(CF) it times out as well. Does anyone else have a problem with being logged off without you doing it?

foreverfree

Mentor
Westside said:
Don , when I am on this site(CF) it times out as well. Does anyone else have a problem with being logged off without you doing it?

How long does CF to time out on you, Westside? And anybody, please define timing out.

John

Bart

Hall of Famer
foreverfree said:
Westside said:

How long does CF to time out on you, Westside? And anybody, please define timing out.

Some of my posts have been lost due to timing out. I now highlight and right click copy before sending to save them if lost.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Westside said:

That never happens to me here at CF, but it does when I use my home computer to access another site (a boxing forum).

But at that same website, when I use another computer away from home, I don't get logged out...

So I think it has something to do with the security or antivirus software I have on my home computer.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What Really Happened comes under attack a lot, so I think what happened is that my IP was blocked because someone else in my IP range was thought to be causing problems.

As for CF, for the last month or so it has been running slow at times. I'm trying to get that taken care of.