What kinf of "conservative" ...

Bart

Hall of Famer
would vote for Obama?

[url]http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/jamesedwards/2008/06/14/ what-kind-of-conservative-would-vote-for-obama/ [/url]

What kind of "conservative" would vote for Obama?

Black ones. Remember Armstrong Williams, who used to be one of the best known black 'conservatives" in this country? He pretty much dropped out of sight after it was revealed that the Bush administration had been paying him hundreds of thousands of dollars to use his radio broadcast to propagandize for the No Child Left Behind Act. Well, he's thinking of voting for Obama:
<BLOCKQUOTE>

Black conservative talk show host Armstrong Williams has never voted for a Democrat for president. That could change this year with Barack Obama as the Democratic Party's nominee.

"I don't necessarily like his policies; I don't like much that he advocates, but for the first time in my life, history thrusts me to really seriously think about it," Williams said. "I can honestly say I have no idea who I'm going to pull that lever for in November. And to me, that's incredible."

And guess who else is considering voting for Obama? Our old friend Julius Caesar "JC" Watts, hero of colorblind conservatives everywhere. None of that colorblind nonsense for JC - that's just for stupid white people:
<BLOCKQUOTE>

J.C. Watts, a former Oklahoma congressman who once was part of the GOP House leadership, said he's thinking of voting for Obama. Watts said he's still a Republican, but he criticizes his party for neglecting the black community. Black Republicans, he said, have to concede that while they might not agree with Democrats on issues, at least that party reaches out to them.

"And Obama highlights that even more," Watts said, adding that he expects Obama to take on issues such as poverty and urban policy. "Republicans often seem indifferent to those things."</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org...at-kind-of-conservative-would-vote-for-obama/

Deus Vult

Mentor
Black conservatives are like unicorns, a myth. But that does not stop Republican hacks and groupies from loving them, much the way pre-teen girls love unicorns.

Armstrong Williams! I'd bet his IQ barely breaks 100!

J.C. Watts, though, is the one the deracinated white drones really love. His "conservative" credentials are very thin. Maybe this recent expression of support for Barry half-White will lead his white groupies to discover that he is not a unicorn at all -- just a scrub horse with the pointed party hat.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Deus Vult said:
Black conservatives are like unicorns, a myth. But that does not stop Republican hacks and groupies from loving them, much the way pre-teen girls love unicorns.

Armstrong Williams! I'd bet his IQ barely breaks 100!

J.C. Watts, though, is the one the deracinated white drones really love. His "conservative" credentials are very thin. Maybe this recent expression of support for Barry half-White will lead his white groupies to discover that he is not a unicorn at all -- just a scrub horse with the pointed party hat.

I am very disappointed in Armstrong and JC Watts but I don't think Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell are myths. Neither are Michael Steele and Ken Blackwell.

To be fair, what kind of conservative would vote for Mccainiac? Both of these communist representatives would have little chance of even running for office in these United States if we lived in saner times.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Deus Vult said:

Funny line!
smiley36.gif

There's a black guy in my neighborhood who is a staunch Republican, runs for local office as a Republican, always has Republican signs out, getinterviewed in the local paper a lot, etc. etc.

Was walking the dog the other day and SURPRISE! Mr. Black Republican had a Vote Obama sign on his lawn.

Ah the virtues of tribalism, I hope someday my people learn it!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know of one black radio host in Memphis who can't stand Obama andtells his audienceso pretty much every week. He's no real conservative though, just a little right of the average neo-con.