What happened ?

I was just wondering why black people love rap so much? I grew up in Newburgh, NY and went to school for 7 years with a majority black population and every black I knew listened to artists like Michael Jackson and Madonna and a bunch of other white singers and bands.
There is no quality in rap. It really is just for losers and scum bags in my opinion.
I feel so stupid because last year I fell in love with the song " Wagon Wheel " by Darius Rucker. I found out later some of the lyrics were done by Bob Dylan and then finished and composed musically by the band Old Crow Medicine Show. There versions of the song up to 11 years ago are 20 times better than Rucker's version. On youtube watch their live performance of the song. They play in front of a thousand white people and I have never seen so many people just go crazy over that performance. It really is mesmerizing.
So what happened to when I was growing up to now where I have never seen one black not ever listening to something other than rap. Th sad fact is many white kids only listen to rap because they have not been exposed to anything else. I am not saying the world is falling apart but its very sad that our youth are so entranced with this scheisen.

The weird thing is I don't dislike all black musicians. Rucker is okay. I also have really liked Marley, Tracy Chapman and Wyclef. Even Seal had a few decent songs though I have no idea why Heidi Klum would have kids with that face of his.

The weird thing is I don't dislike all black musicians. Rucker is okay. I also have really liked Marley, Tracy Chapman and Wyclef. Even Seal had a few decent songs though I have no idea why Heidi Klum would have kids with that face of his.
No idea? It's called being a race traitor mud shark. Aren't you the guy who'd rather vote for Hillary than Trump? That explains your incredulity.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Mainstream music, what's on the radio, in general sucks. I like a variety of music: rap/hip hop, country, blues, pop, and any kind of rock besides '60s hippie crap and screamo.

Blacks love rap because what they rap about is literally how they live, simple as that. They glorify guns,booze, sex, murder, drugs, etc. They love that lifestyle!!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Modern "top 40"/pop is the absolute $#1ts...souless, manufactured, plastic crapola.

As for colored music...the "best" would be the blues, jazz, old school R&B and gospel. As I've stated numerous times...rap is crap & crap is rap! ;-)