Wes Welker is now the 2nd leading receiver!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wes Welker is now up to 1053 yards on the season! He is in 2nd place in the whole nfl and only 5 yards behind the number 1 receiver Randy Moss. This is amazing to me. We all know how good Wes Welker is but he has done this while playing several less games than everyone else! Simply incredible! I want Wes to lead the NFL in receiving. He can do it if Tom Brady keeps throwing his way. This guy is a complete stud. The best receiver in all of football without a shadow of a doubt. Keep it up Wes!Edited by: white lightning

qj

Guru
Yeah, and he was wide open on a long bomb today but Brady was unable to deliver; otherwise, he would've racked up another 50 yards or so.

Kaptain

Master
And what I think bodes well for Welker is the fact that the Patriots are struggling right now - no luxury of keeping the affletes on the team happy with less balls thrown to Wes and more to the affletes ala the Colts not targeting Clark and Collie.

icsept

Master
If Wes hadn't missed two games he would be on pace to shatter Marvin Harrison's record 143 receptions in a season. As it is, I'll be satisfied if he's the league leader in receptions and yards, 1st team All-Pro, and Pro Bowl starter.

Also, that's 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons for the slot machine.

Edited by: icsept

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just thinking about all the whites that are passed over by the NFL makes me sick. How many other Wes Welker's are out there? I think alot. Guys like Amedola and Long weren't even on active rosters earlier in the season but now are the best receivers on their teams.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yes, Wes is truly outstanding, but like wa33 notes, there are plenty of excellent white WRs that never even get a look, just note the various high school championship games around the nation. Now you ask a typical DWF if it would be nice to have a "Fred Biletnikoff" or other great white receiver (you pick a name) and they always say "yes, that would be great!". There are plenty out there, languishing on division 3 squads, or working at Wal-Mart, after not getting a scholarship like these "poor oppressed black athletes".

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Welker is a great receiver but look at the way he was treated in Miami. Had he not went to New England he would be screwed on another team.

White Power

Mentor
He wasn't screwed in Miami. Belechick offered a 2nd round pick for an undrafted free agent and dumb ass Cam Cameron let Welker Walk away for the 2nd round pick. The fans were pissed that Cameron let Welker walk because many including myself thought that he was the best player on the dolphins entire roster.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
One would think that players like Welker and Mccaffrey would open up some of the DWF's minds. If they see whites dominating as receivers they would question why isn't there more of them. That never seems to happen.