Weighing numerous job offers

I'm a 25 year old male who's recently relocated from Toronto to Calgary and I've done many job interviews lately and have received several job offers.

- One offer I've received pays 80,000 CAD annually but it sounds like very hard work, stressful, and I am the boss and there is a lot of pressure on me to sell. I feel like if I don't meet performance sstandards I could be let go. So it's very much results driven.

- Another offer I've received pays less only like 50,000 but it sounds much easier, less stress and I think it would be easier for me to sstick with the company long term.

- I am expecting to receive more job offers as well.

What does everyone think about this? I want the money but I also want job security and little stress.

My goals in the next 2 years are to buy my first convertible (looking at an MX 5 Miata as well as a rural property/summer house). Ideally I'd like to buy both outright. I like to live debt free, no mortgage or car payments. Id need about 50,000- 60,000 to buy the Miata and the summer house.

Has anyone faced this decision before and has advice for me? Thanks.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
I'm a 25 year old male who's recently relocated from Toronto to Calgary and I've done many job interviews lately and have received several job offers.

- One offer I've received pays 80,000 CAD annually but it sounds like very hard work, stressful, and I am the boss and there is a lot of pressure on me to sell. I feel like if I don't meet performance sstandards I could be let go. So it's very much results driven.

- Another offer I've received pays less only like 50,000 but it sounds much easier, less stress and I think it would be easier for me to sstick with the company long term.

What does everyone think about this? I want the money but I also want job security and little stress.

My goals in the next 2 years are to buy my first convertible (looking at an MX 5 Miata as well as a rural property/summer house). Ideally I'd like to buy both outright. I like to live debt free, no mortgage or car payments. Id need about 50,000- 60,000 to buy the Miata and the summer house.

BS2, always use your famous phrase, "I am university educated and loves the persian skirt". LOL Just kidding. Also, forget the chick car the "miata" go for the manly and sporty sports sedan the "2015 Audi S4!" I have had it for 2 months. A boss car on all fronts. Around 60K that I got for 2500.00 under invoice. I say go for the 50K job, work it for several months, if you kick ass the company will love you and want to compensate you to keep you.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer

BS2, if I may ask, what type of work exactly is this?

BS2, if I may ask, what type of work exactly is this?

Business to business sales, negotiating sales, and/or managing an upscale retail property.

It's an industry with high employee turnover.

But making 80,000$ at 25 is impressive I think. I'll be negotiating and leading a team of sales professionals selling to tthe petroleum and energy industries.

BS2, always use your famous phrase, "I am university educated and loves the persian skirt". LOL Just kidding. Also, forget the chick car the "miata" go for the manly and sporty sports sedan the "2015 Audi S4!" I have had it for 2 months. A boss car on all fronts. Around 60K that I got for 2500.00 under invoice. I say go for the 50K job, work it for several months, if you kick ass the company will love you and want to compensate you to keep you.

Yea, the S4 sounds awesome ;)

I've always wanted a Miata tho its my fave roadster. The good thing about a Miata is its ultra stylish and affordable. Parts n repairs are decent.

Maybe if I was 30 or more I'd be into the S4. Hey man if you can afford it do it up...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Business to business sales, negotiating sales, and/or managing an upscale retail property.

It's an industry with high employee turnover.

But making 80,000$ at 25 is impressive I think. I'll be negotiating and leading a team of sales professionals selling to tthe petroleum and energy industries.

Have you ever done sales before? Sales is pretty difficult, some can do it and some can't.