Weasel in a robe

Bart

Hall of Famer
Most of us have no idea how dangerous this clown is. Our leaders are making more and more statements questioning free speech and it's applications to the internet. I think we all know what that means.

[url]http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=116&sid=994077&amp ;sidelines=1[/url]

WASHINGTON (AP) - Justice Stephen G. Breyer says the Supreme Court must promote the political rights of minorities and look beyond the Constitution's text when necessary to ensure that "no one gets too powerful."

..."We're the boundary patrol," Breyer said, reiterating themes in his 2005 book that argue in favor of race preferences in university admissions because they would lead to diverse workplaces and leadership.
<DIV =third_paragraph>In his interview, Breyer argued that in some cases it wouldn't make sense to strictly follow the Constitution because phrases such as "freedom of speech" are vague. Judges must look at the real-world context _ not focus solely on framers' intent, as Scalia has argued _ because society is constantly evolving, he said.

<DIV =third_paragraph>"Those words, 'the freedom of speech,' 'Congress shall pass no law abridging the freedom of speech' _ neither they, the founders, nor those words tell you how to apply it to the Internet," Breyer said.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
And what's worse... this idiot is appointed for life. By a 'conservative' president, no less.
smiley11.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Deus Vult said:
Wasn't Breyer appointed by Clinton? I suppose he is a "conservative" by comparison to Bush.

Yes, you're right. I was thinking of Souter. He's turned out to be almost as bad Breyer anyway.

This is truly sickening. Yeah, the phrase "freedom of speech" is real ambiguous and hard to get a handle on.

I thought race didn't exist, yet we need diversity and race preferences? Which is it?

This man represents just about everything that's wrong in the U.S. today.