Wasn’t that a party

C Darwin

Mentor
Link
Last week, while the nation paused to remember the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a group of students at a Texas college outside Fort Worth marked the day by throwing a party that featured black stereotype costumes â€â€￾ including a student dressed as Aunt Jemima â€â€￾ a main course of fried chicken and cases of malt liquor.

White_Savage

Mentor
Gee, the students at Grambling had the same kind of party and no one even noticed :)

"I am personally insulted by these photographs and am disappointed that Tarleton students have demonstrated such insensitivity," university President Dennis P. McCabe wrote in a letter to students and faculty posted on the school's Web site Wednesday.

For my part, I'm personally insulted and disappointed by the fact that a plagarizing, woman-beating whoremonger has a national holiday.

JD074

Master
If this was on Comedy Central, nobody would've cared. It's okay for comedians like Carlos Mencia, Dave Chapelle, and Lisa Lampanelli to make fun of racial stereotypes, but when a group of white college kids does the same thing, it's some terrible incident. If people are offended by representations of racial stereotypes, they should take it up with Flavor Flav and his ilk and leave the white kids alone.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Its unfortunate that most people dont know that Martin Luther King was a communist, a womanizer, a plagarist, and a huckster, as well as not being able to see him for the false god he really is/was

Bart

Hall of Famer
Lance Alworth said:
Its unfortunate that most people dont know that Martin Luther King was a communist, a womanizer, a plagarist, and a huckster

But blacks do, and that is why he is revered.

Weltner

Guru
Lance Alworth said:
Its unfortunate that most people dont know that Martin Luther King was a communist, a womanizer, a plagarist, and a huckster, as well as not being able to see him for the false god he really is/was

Now those things are what these sort of parties should be about,and re-enacting them.Someone inform these kids and others like them!

C Darwin

Mentor
Is it fair to say that MLK partied like a Duke lacrosse player?

C Darwin said:

Nah. MLK was more like the "Rick James" of the 60's. Drugs, prostitutes, hating Whitey, etc...sounds like a "Rick James" lifestyle to me.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Ground Fighter said:
C Darwin said:

Nah. MLK was more like the "Rick James" of the 60's. Drugs, prostitutes, hating Whitey, etc...sounds like a "Rick James" lifestyle to me.

cocaine is a hell of a drug
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
C Darwin said:

I've read that - The Reverend - preferred white whores.