Voters

Menelik

Mentor
"Once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader â€â€￾ the barbarians enter Rome."

Robert Heinlein

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Menelik said:
"Once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader â€â€￾ the barbarians enter Rome."

Robert Heinlein

Amen. And so it was, on the 4th Day of November, in the Year of Our Lord Two-thousand Eight.

Menelik

Mentor
PhillyBirds said:
Was he the guy that wrote Starship Troopers?

Yes.

Menelik

Mentor
bump

guest301

Hall of Famer
Menelik said:

Robert Heinlein

I am going to submit that qoute in a letter to the local newspaper. They have printed the three other letters I have sent in the past, hopefully they will print this one. Great find, Menelik. I encourage others to take the time and do the same. Not that my words are worth much right now considering how wrong I have been the last two weeks about the election.

Menelik

Mentor
guest301 said:
Menelik said:

Robert Heinlein

I am going to submit that qoute in a letter to the local newspaper. They have printed the three other letters I have sent in the past, hopefully they will print this one. Great find, Menelik. I encourage others to take the time and do the same. Not that my words are worth much right now considering how wrong I have been the last two weeks about the election.

Don't beat yourself up. ALL of us have OUR opinions and at the end of the day thats all they are.
smiley2.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
Not that my words are worth much right now considering how wrong I have been the last two weeks about the election.

If it makes you feel any better I was hoping you would be right.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks guys. Just kinda going through the motions today, I suppose many here are doing the same thing.