USA for Haiti

j41181

Master
Haiti-American rapper Jean Wyclef, his sister, and ex-President Bill Clinton are calling for more US aid to Haiti, a long-time suffering nation in the Caribbean, the poorest nation in the Americas.

I must say no matter how much aid is given, nothing will ever change in the country, and with the financial crisis looming out of control, I think the USA needs to tend to it's own affairs.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Haiti-American rapper Jean Wyclef, his sister, and ex-President Bill Clinton are calling for more US aid to Haiti, a long-time suffering nation in the Caribbean, the poorest nation in the Americas.

I must say no matter how much aid is given, nothing will ever change in the country, and with the financial crisis looming out of control, I think the USA needs to tend to it's own affairs.

smiley32.gif
Amen j41181! U.S. taxpayer funding of ALL foreign nations needs to end asap. One of this biggest wastes of (fiat) dollars is subsidies to these "turd world" countries, which are usually ran by corrupt, puppet dictators, etc. I say let private charities help if they so wish, but keep American taxpayers from picking up the tab! Most of the funding is pocketed by the dictators or other corrupt vermin anyways.
smiley7.gif
Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Until the Marshall Plan, the US did not give foreign aid to other nations. During the Cold war this aid was a bribe to keep the dictators on our side.
The idea of foreign aid has pasted. It is time to stop it.

C Darwin

Mentor
For our declaration of independence, we should have the skin of a white man for parchment, his skull for an inkwell, his blood for ink, and a bayonet for a pen!

Whites were slaughtered wholesale under the rule of Dessalines.Edited by: C Darwin

P-NutLane said:
Can anyone name ONE SINGLE country that was mostly black, that has done allright for itself?
To name a few off hand, you can currently site Senegal, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and the Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago. There are some other African nations that have a stable government and growing economy.

In ancient and medieval times you can site the W. African kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, Songhay and Kanem-Bornu. You can site Nubia in ancient times and ancient and medieval Ethiopia also.

The kingdom that ruled over "Great Zimbabwe" in the Middle Ages was pretty successful, but not on the level as the ones above. Same with the Kingdom of the Kongo in the Middle Ages.

Edited by: Fightingtowin