Unemployment harder for Minorities

j41181

Master
Bottom line, it's hard for everyone.
smiley18.gif

Unemployment harder among Minorities

Since the recession began in December 2007, Latino unemployment has risen 4.7 percentage points, to 10.9 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Black unemployment has risen 4.5 points, to 13.4 percent. White unemployment has risen 2.9 points, to 7.3 percent. Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have been layed off several days ago. I am a temp at this company for 2 years. Supposedly I will be back at work in a week.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
everything is harder for blacks, apparently... here's a short sample of other items thatour fellow outstanding African-American citizens must suffer and endure:

it's harder for them to not commit violent crime.

it's harder for them to remember their baby-daddy's name, because it's harder for them to not whelp bastard "chirren" outside of marriage.

it's harder for them to not get an STD... maybe because it's harder for them to keep their pants pulled up.

it's harder for them to not shoot up the neighborhood where ever they might be.

it's harder for them to not rape and pillage and murder everywhere they go.

it's harder for them to do math or count past 5 (in the immortal words of Chris Rock, "I'm countin' these rocks, beeyatch! 1, 2, 4, 5 so what?!?
smiley36.gif
).

it's harder for them to learn to read.

it's harder for them to pass a test, ANY type of test! (apparently multiple choice tests are racist, according to new complaints by black leaders and apologists.)

it's harder for them to show up on time. for anything.

but as for unemployment, i just don't get it... i mean, how much harder has it gotten to walk down to the unemployment office on the first of the month? maybe baby's mama needs new shoes...
smiley2.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
haha JC!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
everything is harder for blacks, apparently... here's a short sample of other items that our fellow outstanding African-American citizens must suffer and endure:

it's harder for them to not commit violent crime.

it's harder for them to remember their baby-daddy's name, because it's harder for them to not whelp bastard "chirren" outside of marriage.

it's harder for them to not get an STD... maybe because it's harder for them to keep their pants pulled up.

it's harder for them to not shoot up the neighborhood where ever they might be.

it's harder for them to not rape and pillage and murder everywhere they go.

it's harder for them to do math or count past 5 (in the immortal words of Chris Rock, "I'm countin' these rocks, beeyatch! 1, 2, 4, 5 so what?!?
smiley36.gif
).

it's harder for them to learn to read.

it's harder for them to pass a test, ANY type of test! (apparently multiple choice tests are racist, according to new complaints by black leaders and apologists.)

it's harder for them to show up on time. for anything.

but as for unemployment, i just don't get it... i mean, how much harder has it gotten to walk down to the unemployment office on the first of the month? maybe baby's mama needs new shoes...
smiley2.gif

JD, I could post some statistics for everything you have stated. It would only further prove what you say is true.

If you've ever driven through obama-town or Meh-hee-co North you know that minorities seem to take to unemployment very well.

icsept

Master
Why not an article about the amount of wealth lost by white Americans due to the stock market dropping 40%? A few blacks and latinos losing their $10 per hour jobs is NOTHING compared to the more than $1 trillion lost in the stock market by hard working whites who's money was in retirement accounts and pensions. To state that a recession hits poor minorities harder than whites is absurd. Also, the articles' implication that white american's wealth is due to inheritance is also a typical load of crap.

The most expendable employees go first.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
let me add another thing that is harder for blacks... making millions of dollars and not blowing it.
smiley36.gif
this was verified by the Sporting News.
Excess, bad investments turn athletes broke
<DIV id=VTArticleSuber>
<DIV id=VTPosted>Posted: March 23, 2009
<DIV id=VTByLine>Sporting News staff reports

<DIV id=VTArticle>

Seventy-eight percent of former NFL players are bankrupt or under financial stress within two years of retirement, and 60 percent of former NBA players are broke within five years of retirement, according to a Sports Illustrated story detailing the extravagant spending habits of professional athletes.

Documents cited in the story show that Shaquille O'Neal spends $875,015 per month, while former NBA guard Kenny Anderson burned through the $60 million he made as a player, partly by spending $41,000 per month, which included $10,000 worth of "hanging-out money."

But the biggest drain on athletes' money is poor investments, says Ed Butowsky, a wealth manager who advises athletes. "Chronic overallocation into real estate and bad private equity is the Number 1 problem [for athletes] in terms of a financial meltdown," Butowsky told Sports Illustrated.

According to the story, former NFL wide receiver Raghib Ismail lost money he invested in a theme restaurant, a record label, a religious movie, a cosmetics procedure, a phone-card-dispensing system and three calligraphy shops.

Michael Vick filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last July partly because he owes $6 million in bank loans he used to invest in an Indiana car-rental franchise, Canadian real estate and a wine shop in Georgia, according to the report.

Divorces and child support don't help, either. Athletes and agents estimate that the divorce rate for pro athletes is between 60 and 80 percent, according to the story. Furthermore, a celebrity divorce lawyer told Sports Illustrated that athletes obtain prenuptial agreements at rates appreciably less frequent than non-athletes at the same financial level.

As for family planning (or lack thereof), ex-NBA player Shawn Kemp and NFL free agent Travis Henry are among the athletes whose fortunes have been drained by five-figure monthly child-support obligations.

how's a brutha s'posed tuh git by on jes a few million dollaz?!? dis is jes anutha case of da man holdin' a brutha down. sheeeuht!
smiley36.gif