UFC TUF 12 - Finale

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Well, this season royally sucked . The caste-leaning UFC offered watered down, less talented White fighters & "highlighted" affletes Johnson & @$$clown "Bruce Leroy". The final features afrolete Johnson vs. (mulatto?) Brookins.
smiley21.gif
I suspect they wanted a "minority" winner with White fighters being crowned winners 11 (of 17) times...including the last 3 straight seasons.

Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Rich Attonito vs. Dave Branch
Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixão vs. Pablo Garza
Catchweight (138 lb) bout: Will Campuzano vs Nick Pace
Lightweight bout: Sako Chivitchian vs. Kyle Watson
Featherweight bout: Tyler Toner vs. Ian Loveland
Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie vs. Aaron Wilkinson

Main card
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia
Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks vs. Rick Story
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove
Light Heavyweight bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac
Lightweight bout: Jonathan Brookins vs. Michael Johnson

***Ol' Dixie will be pulling for Attonito (vs. afrolete Branch), Pace (vs. mexcrement Campuzano), Story (vs. "injun" Hendricks) & (White Brazilian) Maia vs. (poly) Grove.

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

hawkeye

Guru
this was a bad crop of fighters. mainly due to the lack available fighters. Micheal Johnson is not very good and is very much a lay and pray type fighter. I actually thought he lost to wilkinson and also to Phan. He however will lost to Brookins who seemed to be levels ahead of the other fighters.

hawkeye

Guru
My predictions
Antonito
Pace
Watson
Toner
Wilkinson
Garcia
Hendricks
Maia
Bonnor
Brookins

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Maia still worlds ahead of anyone at 185 on the ground. That's why the tremendously overhyped Anderson Silva basically ran from Demian for the last two rounds of their fight. Maia getting better on his feet as well.

Unless Jonathan can knock the Negro out. Choke down or get him to tap out
Micheal Johnson will win if it becomes a judges decision he has already lot to Wilkinson and Phan but been placed in the winners spot. And if you saw the Fist preliminary you know these judges definitely are not scoring the fight by what happens in the cage

hawkeye

Guru
Michael Johnson wrestling isn't all that impressive I think if I could lose forty-f pounds I could take him. His technique is awful and he gasses way to easy. Also his training style isn't right for MMA. What you want to do is high intensity training for at least five minutes at a time followed by one minute rest, example ten consecutive hill sprints, followed byfifteen deadlifts, and finish up with ropes.

hawkeye

Guru
I hope Cody Mckenzie gets submission of the night and Hendricks/Story gets fight of the night.

Guess I wrong Brookins win by a decision. Maybe the crooked judges got assigned to wrong fight.

hawkeye

Guru
I am glad Joe Rogan did point out the major problem with the judgeing is that it is the Nevada State Athletic Commission that sets and the rules and selects the judges, the problem with that is they set the rules, and many of them such as no twelve o'clock to six o'clock elbows and no up-kicks to a fighter on one knee are stupid. Also all the judges are from boxing, such as adelay bird, and don't know anything about mma.

I am glad that Rogan pointed that out also. i have also noticed that strikers appear to do better than the wrestler's and the Judoka when the fight goes to a Judges decision. In one of the episodes of TUF 12 Nam Phan says he was talking more to the Judges than the fighter because the Judges do not really understand wrestling an Ju- Jitsu. Of course there may be a solution of vote with your feet. Las Vegas is not the only place UFC and put on a fight. If they look they might find places more accommodating to their needs than Nevada. do have to give Garcia a thumbs up.I am a boxing judge (very low level ) but I believe if I was part and parcel to awarding a fighter a decision who then goes to microphone and asks what I saw that made me award him the fight I would tear up my license and quit.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I think that regardless of Jonathan Brookings mixed racial background that he is a fighter I can root for the rest of the way. He's a humble kid who is respectful to others and made the most of his opportunity in the house to train with GSP and all the excellent coaches he brought in. The guy is just different in the way he speaks, approaches life and never got involved in all the stupid pranks and drama queen stuff that always goes on in that house. I hope he does well in his MMA career.

I thought Brookins was white. Maybe the blonde hair.blue eyes and real skin fooled me

I found a article that saysn he has a black father who in typical black fashion abandoned him when e was 3 years of. Dad must of been of mixed race also. Blue eyes and blonde hair are recessive gene traits found in European in fact usually north western European ethnic groups. Jonathan sure does not act black, must got genes for a white brain. LOL

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Brookins seems like a good kid. He has a solid chin & good ground game, but needs to tighten up the striking. Great to see Bonnar, Maia, Story & Pace win.

Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Rich Attonito vs. Dave Branch
Branch defeated Attonito via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Featherweight bout: Fredson Paixão vs. Pablo Garza
Garza defeated Paixão via KO (knee) at 0:51 of round 1.
Catchweight (138 lb) bout: Will Campuzano vs Nick Pace
Pace defeated Campuzano via submission (Modified Guillotine/Triangle) at 4:32 of round 3.
Lightweight bout: Sako Chivitchian vs. Kyle Watson
Watson defeated Chivitchian via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
Featherweight bout: Tyler Toner vs. Ian Loveland
Loveland defeated Toner via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 29-28).
Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie vs. Aaron Wilkinson
McKenzie defeated Wilkinson via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:03 of round 1. This bout aired on the Spike broadcast following the Hendricks vs. Story fight.

Main card
Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia
Garcia defeated Phan via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28).
Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks vs. Rick Story
Story defeated Hendricks via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove
Maia defeated Grove via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Light Heavyweight bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac
Bonnar defeated Pokrajac via unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 29-26). Pokrajac was deduced one point at the end of round 2 for multiple knee strikes on a downed opponent. Bonnar was deducted one point during round 3 for illegal strikes to the back of the head.
Lightweight bout: Jonathan Brookins vs. Michael Johnson
Brookins defeated Johnson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27) to become the Season 12 Lightweight winner of The Ultimate

hawkeye

Guru
Both Brookins and Johnson have black father who abandoned them. Also Tyson Griffin's father abandoned him.