UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Here's the card for tomorrow's UFC on FX (7) from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Main Card (FX)
Weight ClassMethodRoundTimeNotes
MiddleweightVitor Belfortvs.Michael Bisping
MiddleweightDaniel Sarafianvs.C.B. Dollaway
HeavyweightGabriel Gonzagavs.Ben Rothwell
LightweightThiago Tavaresvs.Khabib Nurmagomedov
Preliminary Card (Fuel TV)
FeatherweightGodofredo Castrovs.Milton Vieira
MiddleweightRonny Markesvs.Andrew Craig
FeatherweightDiego Nunesvs.Nik Lentz
LightweightEdson Barbozavs.Lucas Martins
BantamweightYuri Alcantaravs.Pedro Nobre
Light HeavyweightWagner Pradovs.Ildemar Alcantara
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
LightweightFrancisco Trinaldovs.C.J. Keith

http://www.ufc.com/event/FX7#/fight

***The ol' Dixieland outlaw will be pullin' for Bisping, Rothwell, Craig, Lentz, Nobre & Nurmagomedov.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Psyched for this card and predict Bisping will beat Vitor (who has seen better days).

Can't beat the price of this card either:smile:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Nik Lentz looked very good and dominated every round against Nunes.

His wrestling is excellent.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Andrew Craig fought a very good fight against Ronny Markes. He came close to finishing him in the last round but Markes had a few take downs on Craig before he gassed.

Craig lost but is still very young in the sport. If he can improve his wrestling just a little he can be a contender at 185.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I am actually impressed with Craig's performance considering Markes outwrestled european wrestling champ Karlos Vemola at 205 and outwrestled Arizona State All-American Aaron Simpson at 185. He need to learn how to stay upright and aviod the clinch.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
yeah the only one I have my doubts about is C.B. Dolloway, his gas tank seems to go on him.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Rothwell did look bad but Gonzaga only losses to the best (Carwin, Dos Santos, Werdum).

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Dolloway gets the win. I didn't think he could win a close decision in Brazil against a very popular Brazilian fighter.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
spoke to soon on the Dollaway fight. I just couldn't see the Brazilian judges giving it to Dollaway. great win for Dollaway.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I see Bisping point fighting the first round and then attacking and mixing in takedowns.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Well, Vitor showed the Count was never championship level.

As did DanHendo before. Bisping should focus less on runnin' his yap and more on improving.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Well, I do think Bisping is trying very hard to improve. He moved his family to the U.S. last year or so simply to train and further his career.

The Count can fight but is just not in the championship-level tier. He is solid all around but doesn't hit hard enough IMHO.

In retrospect, he should have tried to mix in a few takedowns but hindsight is always 20/20.

Best of luck to Bisping and I hope he gets some good paydays before he retires (he is 33). He fights hard and is tough as hell. He will never wear a UFC championship belt though.