UFC: Fight Night Live

White_Savage

Mentor
Hope y'all caught this action last night.

Two members of that race of "super-duper athletes" were easily defeated, as they tend to be in these competitions. Josh Koshchek, the very light green-eyed mulatto, easily grounded, pounded, and choked his darker brother. "Quick" Mike Swick, white, took out his negro even faster with dynamite hands, in 22 seconds of the first round. Once again, im MMA you can make consistent money by always betting on the lighter man.

Really, this is getting almost embarassing. Why can't bruthas compete in NHB? Conventional wisdom is because all the good wrestlers are white, yet the most dangerous hands in the UFC also belong to caucasians.

GWTJ

Mentor
I saw the action. It was excellent. To me the biggest difference in the white guys is the conditioning. As a long time boxing fan I have seen all too many under muscled white guys fighting a ripped black guy. The only ripped white boxer I can remember is Tommy Morrison. But these UFC guys are ripped and strong. They must pump a lot more iron than boxers.

Gary

Mentor
Being Ripped is good in bodybuilding-Vitali is better then Tommy Morrison,is Vitali ripped? Mike Weaver was a ripped black fighter and everybody beat him twice.

JD074

Master
Love those quick knock-outs! Quarry and Swick were devastating. And Bonner continues to win. The main event wasn't "action packed," but all in all it was quite a bit of fun.

White_Savage

Mentor
Vitali is very muscular and strong looking-I think what GWTJ is getting at is that boxing retained foolish attitudes towards weightlifting longer than any other sport, and some of the white fighters we've seen climbing in against ****** look like they could use time with the weights.

Then again the real problem with boxing for a long time was that there were just very few whites getting into it, and most of them were basically hobbyists.

JD074

Master
Yeah, the old myth that weight lifting makes one slow and "muscle bound." Hard to believe. Also, the sports that have weight divisions are more phobic about gaining weight and therefore may be opposed to weights on those grounds. As opposed to, say, football, where the coaches actually want many of their athletes to be heavy (fat.)

On the other hand, Chuck Liddell is no bodybuilder, and look how good he is. And I remember Couture beating a black guy (Randleman I think) who literally looked like a bodybuilder. Some of the muscles on the blacks look pretty cosmetic. It would seem like a bad strategy for an athlete to waste his recovery abilities, energy, and time on training for cosmetic purposes. There's a saying that goes, "train movements not muscle." So get good at your sport and the muscles you need should come as a by-product, regardless of whether your physique is visually appealing or not.

dkr77

Guru
There is some black guy on MMATV (the underground forum) complaining there are so few of the brothers winning MMA bouts. It's hillarious! Of course you have the typical response from spineless whites about it being a culture issue.

White_Savage

Mentor
Hey man,
Paste me a link to this discussion if you don't mind, I'd like to add my own two cents....

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Watched the replays last night.

It was patently obvious that the guys from TUF were in much better shape and better fighters now than they were on the show. Training and fighting full time will do that for you, I guess.

Hoger suprised me with his ground defense and stand up against Bonner; when I first heard of the match up I thought Bonner would KO Hoger quickly.

Florian has won two fights with well-placed elbows. He beat Leben on TUF series with an elbow to the brow after getting the crap beat out of him, and he did it last night to Karalexis with that elbow to the nose. Alex seemed to be getting the better of their exchanges, IMO, and lost the white man's way - with a cut!
smiley5.gif

Swick's opponent was out before he hit the mat. I think his head bouncing off the mat actually jarred him back into consciousness. It was almost as nasty as Liddell's KO of Tiger "White."
smiley36.gif

Can't wait for the 20th.
smiley1.gif