UFC 158 : GSP vs. Nate Diaz

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
GSP with the decision victory over the Stockton saber-rattler...who (again) claims he's going to retire.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
GSP dominates Diaz and then Diaz says he deserves a rematch. To be honest Diaz didn't deserve this fight. Diaz beat BJ'S Penn, a has been with zero cardio who is a natural 155er, and then loses to Condit. To be honest I think GSP could have probably destroyed Nate immediately after fighting Nick, he's that much better than the Diaz brothers.

Old Scratch

Mentor
GSP dominates Diaz and then Diaz says he deserves a rematch. To be honest Diaz didn't deserve this fight. Diaz beat BJ'S Penn, a has been with zero cardio who is a natural 155er, and then loses to Condit. To be honest I think GSP could have probably destroyed Nate immediately after fighting Nick, he's that much better than the Diaz brothers.

Nick Diaz complained about wrestlers and scoring in the post fight conference which I wasn't going to disagree with until he then immediately suggests a Pride like rule disallowing elbows. Basically he wants the rules tailor made to his style, and moans about cheap tactics. He has a loser mentality. GSP is a great strategist, he doesn't whine about rules or fighting styles, he works on his own game and enforces his own will. That's why he has won however many straight in dominant fashion. Keeping it real doesn't factor into the W L column.

I think MMA judging is bad and the criteria is wrong. The guard is a neutral position, I think that jiu jitsu fighters should be able to outscore wrestlers from their guard. Mousasi did a lot more damage fighting off of his back and should have scored more every round in his fight against King Mo for instance. But this guy is in favor of more rules as long as they help his style.

Regardless, that wouldn't apply to what GSP did. He worked and controlled the whole time and Diaz didn't do anything. Less rules would have favored GSP (knees to the head, soccer kicks to the head).

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Not really you can do a lot more damage from the top than the bottom. I give points for submission attempts though.

amoeba man

Guru
i dont follow MMA to closely but im familiar with the TUF format and its apparently been announced that the next coaches of TUF will be women and the house where the contestants live for the duration of the show will have both men and women WTF.If i were a competiter i would not want to share a house with women and to be coached by women.I like women as much as the next guy but not in that enviroment.One of the coaches will be Rhonda Roussey and from what ive seen i dont particularly like her,she strikes me as a female version of a typical male douche like Nick Diaz.I imagine a few of the females in the house will have the same personality type.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
A really good night from a caste perspective. On a personal note, I correctly predicted all the fights on the main card (even a stopped clock ...etc). :lol:

I know the last year or so has been disappointing but with all the young white talent (Weidmann, Gustaffson, Rory, Ellenberger, Grant, Elkins, Dillashaw ...etc) whites will be back to holding most (if not all) of the UFC belts again very soon.

Heck, we already own all the belts in Bellator.