Here is the card...

Diego Sanchez Vs. Nick Diaz
Brad Imes Vs. Rashad Evans
Luke Cummo Vs. Joe Stevenson
Kenny Florian Vs. Kit Cope
Kerry Schall vs Keith Jardine
Melvin Guillard Vs. Marcus Davis
Sammy Morgan Vs.Josh Burkman

The highlighted fighters are the ones I am picking to win. Should be some good fights. I am really interested in all of these fights.

Kit Cope was on an MTV special which followed around two Muay Thai fighters. He has real good Muay Thai skills, I think Kenny will be KO'ed if he doesn't take it to the ground. On the ground, I see Kenny sub'ing him though.

JD074

Master
I saw that MTV show. Was he the bigger or smaller guy? I'm guessing the smaller guy since he's fighting Florian. Edited by: JD074

G

JD074 said:
I saw that MTV show. Was he the bigger or smaller guy? I'm guessing the smaller guy since he's fighting Florian.

Actually he was the bigger guy, he is 6'0 170lbs according to sherdog.

KCope.jpg

JD074

Master
Cool! He really dominated his opponent. Basically he said he did all he could do with Muay Thai and was moving on to MMA/ UFC.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The thought occured to me, as I was watching the replays and the interviews for TUF 2, that Rashad Evans has been sandbagging. Comparing his performance against Jardine vs his first two fights, and his overall demeanor now, something seems amiss.

Anyone else think there could be something to this?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
SPOILER ALERT </font>

Great fights all the way around.

Despite the win, I still don't think much of Kenny Florian. He's won with elbows and now a choke, but he still seems to be a lackluster fighter. His greatest strength is capitalizing on opportunities as they're presented, not creating them with skill. But still, thats a great attribute to have, isn't it?
smiley17.gif

If somebody can teach Brad Imes to THROW a punch, with some speed and snap, he'll be devastating, with his size. But right now he doesn't so much as throw a punch but 'push' it, which isn't going to knock out a decent heavyweight. Rashad won, and will make a better television fighter than Imes right now, so it was good decision for the UFC.

I don't know what to think of Stevenson's ground game. He was unable to submit nor ground n' pound Cummo into submission. Does that speak more poorly of his grappling skills or more highly of Cummo's ground defense? In this case, I would have given the fight to Cummo. Stevenson took him down but couldn't do anything with it once he was there, and the only really decent blows in the fight were thrown by Cummo. And Cummo, like Rashad, I think will make a better TV fighter than Joe Stevenson.

And finally, Diego Sanchez is an animal. For Nick Diaz to say, after having his ass handed to him over three rounds, that Diego STILL doesn't deserve to be there, is ludicrous. If Diego doesn't belong, then Nick should drop out of the UFC altogether. Hats off to Referee Big John McCarthy for not stopping the fight on cuts, too.

Couple of humorous notes:

Was it just me or was Leonardo DiCaprio about to snort coke when his friend realized he was on camera and stopped him?
smiley36.gif

Is Matt Hughes married? During the interview with Joe Rogan and Riggins, Hughes had a ring on his left middle finger, near the top knuckle. I noticed it, thought it was some kind of new fashion statement. At the end of the interview, Matt glances at the camera, looks surprised, and slides the ring onto his third (wedding) finger, in a furtive, quick movement. Did anyone else notice this? Nervous habit? A desire to keep his status secret from the public, or from the girls at the after party?
smiley36.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, after Cope's trash talk, I was laughing to see him get beaten by a skinny (Jew?) boy.

Even though I was behind Cummo, I must give great resptect to Stevenson for keeping his seperated clavicle a secret and then winning a fight with it. A word in regard to inter-racial dating, you'll note that Mr. Stevenson is married to a short Latin woman. Joe, you're a monster and a good kid no doubt, but I couldn't help but think that if Dadddy had married a Nordic woman of comparable size to himself you'd be a monster HEAVYWEIGHT
smiley1.gif

I didn't realize Diaz was that big an arse. He probably KO'd Lawler because Robbie let it get to him. Diaz fought in a rage for much of this fight too, but he dominated. Too bad he didn't finish him. I'd bet Diaz's cold-blooded calculation is "Gee, if I act like jerk looser I'm guaranteed a rematch and another big check", which is logical, but still...piss on him.

Despite the loss, I'm still proud of our brother Imes. He did not show fear or pain. He kept himself from being KOd basically by force of will. He's only been training one year, and gave a good wrestler and a proffessional boxer all he could handle standing up. The announcer billed Evans vrs. Imes as skill vrs. athleticism...at least the White man got to be LATTER for once
smiley36.gif
He can win a rematch if he develops some striking skill. Unfortunately, I think Rashad will drop down in weight, there's no drawing names in the UFC for him to fight except Arlovski, and Evans isn't crazy.

What news on the other fights Panzer posted? Didn't happen or just weren't on T.V.?

G

Spoiler - Undercard fight results are below</font>

The results of all of the fights are...

Jardine defeats Schall TKO due to Leg Kicks
Guillard defeats Davis TKO (Doctor stoppage, Cut)
Burkman defeats Morgan - KO(Slam) 21 seconds into rd.1
Florian defeats Cope - Sub. (RNC)
Stevenson defeats Cummo - UD
Evans defeats Imes - Spilt Decision
Sanchez defeats Diaz - UD
Edited by: panzer

G

It was an entertaining night of fights.

Imes was not moving his head, he ate too many shots. I thought he should have taken Evans to the ground in rd. 3. He could have used his size to hold him down and drop strikes like he did to Petruzelli. The only good thing I take out of Evans winning is that we will see him get dominated in the UFC. That is unless they feed him some cans.

Cope talking so much trash, then getting sub'ed twice was hilarious. He is a good striker, but this is MMA, not Muay Thai. He has some work ahead of him if he wants to compete in MMA.

Cummo looked great against Stevenson. Stevenson was lucky to pull out a victory there, I think he took him a little too lightly.

Diego did what I thought he'd do. He is starting to look like the real deal. He has a great ground game, he just keeps coming and never lets up. His post fight interviews are hilarious. He sounded like a little kid when Joe Rogan tried to tell him he couldn't thank his sponsors.
smiley36.gif

I except we will see the prelim fights during upcoming episodes of Unleashed, like they did with the TUF 1 finale prelims. I really want to see that slam Burkman KO'ed Sam Morgan with, 21 seconds into round 1.

White_Savage

Mentor
Luke, I am your father!</font>

I admit it, I laughed my butt off when Stevenson said this to Cummo.

Hey Joe, just remember, Luke Skywalker WON the rematch
smiley4.gif

%#$@#%&^^#$%^ Guillard winning.

Yeah, Kit Cope was no doubt thinking "I'm a REAL pro-fighter, I'll show these MMA amateurs a thing or two." Well, Mo Smith rode THAT one trick-pony as far as it would go moron, and he was a better kickboxer than you

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
His post fight interviews are hilarious. He sounded like a little kid when Joe Rogan tried to tell him he couldn't thank his sponsors.

His fight persona in the octagon seems totally alien to the kid in the post-fight interview. He is balls-to-the-wall during the entire fight, and then seems lost and unsure of what to say or do later. Like you said, its quite hilarious, and probably contributes to other's underestimation of him.

I forgot to mention and give respect to Stevenson for fighting with a separated clavicle. Thanks for bringing that up, Savage.

Does Rich Franklin look like Jim Carrey or what? I find it amusing as well that so many of these guys who can kick ass look like insurance salesmen and produce managers. Or, well, math teachers, like Franklin was before he found MMA.
smiley36.gif

Franklin, Kenny Florian, Luke Cummo, hell even Diego Sanchez before he went for the Greek God look didn't seem like the type who'd take you down and beat your ass. The only tell-tale danger sign on some of these guys, like Randy Couture and others, is cauliflower ear.

Johnny

Well, after Cope's trash talk, I was laughing to see him get beaten by a skinny (Jew?) boy.

Ken Florian's father is a swarthy Armenian. As far as I know, he is NOT a Jew. He could easily be mistaken for one. It is debateable whether or not Kenny Florian is White.

A word in regard to inter-racial dating, you'll note that Mr. Stevenson is married to a short Latin woman. Joe, you're a monster and a good kid no doubt

I was very pleased to see that Joe Stevenson was married to a woman of his own race. His fighting skills are excellent. I wish him all the best. That being said, I was really pulling for Luke Cummo. Reason being that Luke Cummo's fighting style is soo much more exciting than Joe Stevenson's fighting style. The Stevenson/ vs Cummo fight was close and could have gone either way,therefore I think they should have given the decision to Cummo. In the long run, Cummo will be a more entertaining fighter.

Despite the loss, I'm still proud of our brother Imes. He did not show fear or pain. He kept himself from being KOd basically by force of will. He's only been training one year, and gave a good wrestler and a proffessional boxer all he could handle standing up.

I'm proud of Brad Imes as well. He showed heart, toughness and courage through that whole fight. At this point, Rashad Evans definately has more skill. With 2 dramatic knockdowns, Rashad Evans definately deserved the decision.

Throughout the season, Rashad Evans seemed like a nice guy. I was very pleased to see that Rashad is engaged to a Black woman. If a Black guy is going to win a UFC contract, I'm glad it was Rashad Evans as opposed to Bobby Southwind or Josh Koscheck. Bobby Southwind came across as an arrogant jerk and to a lesser degree, so did Josh Koscheck. This is just a hunch, I have a bad feeling that both southwind and Koscheck date White women. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on them and will gladly eat my words.

And finally, Diego Sanchez is an animal. For Nick Diaz to say, after having his ass handed to him over three rounds, that Diego STILL doesn't deserve to be there, is ludicrous

Diego Sanchez is mostly a ground fighter, but he's exciting to watch. Nick Diaz was just stunned after that fight. After some reflection, I'm sure Nick Diaz would now give Diego Sanchez the credit he deserves.

Jardine defeats Schall TKO due to Leg Kicks
Guillard defeats Davis TKO (Doctor stoppage, Cut)
Burkman defeats Morgan - KO(Slam) 21 seconds into rd.1

I would have liked to see these 3 fights on Spike TV. I'm sure they could have fit these fights in maybe after the main event when theyshowedthe encore.

White_Savage

Mentor
When I said Mr. Stevenson, I meant Joe's father, who is this tall White guy married to a short Latin woman. My comments on marrying a Nordic woman ya ya ya make more sense in that light.

Johnny

White_Savage said:
When I said Mr. Stevenson, I meant Joe's father, who is this tall White guy married to a short Latin woman. My comments on marrying a Nordic woman ya ya ya make more sense in that light.

Joe Stevenson's mother has a last name of Stevenson-Smith. That tall White guy standing next to Joe's mother is Smith, not Stevenson. The man in question is Joe's step-father. I would assume Joe's biological father is a native Indian just like Joe and his mother.

White_Savage

Mentor
Ah. Did not know that.

JD074

Master
I guess they were good fights in their own right, but overall I was pretty disappointed in the results. I felt afterwards like I did when I saw the results of the last NCAA wrestling championship, and how many blacks had won. A real bummer.

White Shogun said:
If somebody can teach Brad Imes to THROW a punch, with some speed and snap, he'll be devastating, with his size.

So true. His boxing skill was non-existent. Rashad had a field day countering him. He's just so green. Hopefully he'll continue training with Tim Sylvia. He'll teach him a thing or two about punching.

I really, really wanted to see Seth fight Rashad. Too bad his mangled ear ruined it.

White Shogun said:
In this case, I would have given the fight to Cummo. Stevenson took him down but couldn't do anything with it once he was there, and the only really decent blows in the fight were thrown by Cummo.

I agree. I admit that I'm biased, and not an expert, but I had Cummo winning the last two rounds. Stevenson was on top a lot, but he didn't really do anything effective in those rounds.

White Shogun said:
Was it just me or was Leonardo DiCaprio about to snort coke when his friend realized he was on camera and stopped him?
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
I wasn't paying attention. I'll look a little closer if I ever see it again.

JD074

Master
White_Savage said:
Luke, I am your father!</font>

I admit it, I laughed my butt off when Stevenson said this to Cummo.

I thought it was funny, too. They're friends, so he didn't really say it in a mean-spirited way (as opposed to Tarver asking Jones if he has any excuses this time, probably Stevenson's inspiration for his funny one-liner.) He said it like he was joking, rather than being disrespectful.

And what about high-fiving during the fight? I don't think I've ever seen that before. This is a fight, guys. Don't be too friendly.

White_Savage said:
%#$@#%&^^#$%^ Guillard winning.

Who's Guillard?

White_Savage said:
Yeah, Kit Cope was no doubt thinking "I'm a REAL pro-fighter, I'll show these MMA amateurs a thing or two." Well, Mo Smith rode THAT one trick-pony as far as it would go moron, and he was a better kickboxer than you

Well, I dislike trash talking as much as the next guy, but it's standard fare for MMA and boxing. I don't like it, but they all do it. Although I do think he was right about Florian's fate should he choose to stand with him. He landed some nasty elbows and knees before Florian wisely took it the ground.

Besides, Cope was 2-2 (now 2-3) in his MMA career. I don't know how arrogant a fighter can truly be with a record like that.

G

JD074 said:
And what about high-fiving during the fight? I don't think I've ever seen that before. This is a fight, guys. Don't be too friendly.

Unless there is bad blood between the two fighters (see Diaz/Sanchez) they always touch gloves before the round starts. Sometimes they will after a good exchange as well, not always, but sometimes.

Off the top of my head I remember Leben/Cote doing it in their fight after exchaning some good strikes.

JD074 said:
Who's Guillard?
Melvin2.JPG

Record: 20-4-2

Beat Marcus Davis during the prelim fights on the TUF 2 finale card.

Despite the Chute Boxe shorts in the above picture, he isn't affiliated with them.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Where is Josh Burkman when you need him?
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
White Shogun:
I got a better idea. The fool said something about wanting to fight Matt Hughes while he was on TUF. Let's give him his wish.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
White Shogun:
I got a better idea. The fool said something about wanting to fight Matt Hughes while he was on TUF. Let's give him his wish.

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Yes! One could only hope for such an event.

Hmm.. the thought just occured to me, that at one time or another on TUF 2, Matt Hughes had both of the black fighters on the show hating him.
smiley20.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Shogun:
You've got to remember, Hughes is a midwestern farm boy, he comes out to the song "Country Boys Can Survive." Just judging from the attitude he displays and how he seemed ESPECIALLY "motivated" in his fights with Newton, I'd be VERY surprised if that guy wouldn't agree with the forum members here on certain issues.

Which makes the bang-up job he did coaching Rashad for the Jardine fight even more honorable.

White_Savage

Mentor
"Guillard defeats Davis TKO (Doctor stoppage, Cut)
Burkman defeats Morgan - KO(Slam) 21 seconds into rd.1"

I just noticed these two results.

Cut stoppage-this tells me nothing about who won the fight. Maybe Davis was dead even or winning and got a nasty cut. Maybe he was on the way to getting KTFO. Maybe his cut wasn't even that nasty and the officials were acting like old grannies. Anyway, such an ending violates that rule which has been sacred to such diverse Aryans as the fair-haired Lacaedomians of Sparta and the wild German tribes Tacitus writes off, and yours truly: That is "With your shield, or on it". This is the Ultimate FIGHTING championship, not the "Ultimate-who-has-facial-flesh-thicker-than-a-boot-sole-and- twice-as-ugly-championship." The fact that an Aryan will, both literally and figuratively, pluck a spear out off his own a body and throw it back at you is one of our greatest racial strengths.

KO by slam in 21 seconds! Ye Gods! Morgan was no tomato can either-check his slug fest with Cummo. A rematch for Burkman with monkey-boy and a matchup Joe Stevenson is definitely in order.