Tommy Chong has cancer

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tommy Chong (of Cheech and Chong) has prostrate cancer. I wonder if he'll use medical marijuana to treat the disease? :heh:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/tommy-chong-prostate-cancer-131000371.html

Actully it turns out he stopped smoking pot a few years ago for "health reasons" but is going to treat the disease with hemp oil. Which he has been using anyway since he stopped toking.

It really amazes me how long some of the druggies from the 60-70's have lived. Chong is 74 and has probably been stoned every day of his adult life. Look at Keith Richards or Eric Clapton, or Steven Tyler. I just saw Ringo Starr on TV and he looked pretty good for 70+. Some of those guys have been long time junkies, life long alcoholics, smokers, etc.

I wonder if fame helps keep someone alive, the energy they get from others people adulation, or just the knowledge that so many people care about you (in a detached way). It's a mystery to me.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Chong was also a bodybuilder into physical fitness. I remember watching a Cheech and Chong movie when I saw Pee Wee Herman for the first time, playing the "hamburger dude" as I recall. He cracked me up.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tommy Chong (of Cheech and Chong) has prostrate cancer. I wonder if he'll use medical marijuana to treat the disease? :heh:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/tommy-chong-prostate-cancer-131000371.html

Actully it turns out he stopped smoking pot a few years ago for "health reasons" but is going to treat the disease with hemp oil. Which he has been using anyway since he stopped toking.

It really amazes me how long some of the druggies from the 60-70's have lived. Chong is 74 and has probably been stoned every day of his adult life. Look at Keith Richards or Eric Clapton, or Steven Tyler. I just saw Ringo Starr on TV and he looked pretty good for 70+. Some of those guys have been long time junkies, life long alcoholics, smokers, etc.

I wonder if fame helps keep someone alive, the energy they get from others people adulation, or just the knowledge that so many people care about you (in a detached way). It's a mystery to me.

A helluva lot of the rock n roll druggies and other drug culture celebrities have died young, including in their 20s, 30s and 40s. And there's a big difference between someone who just uses weed regularly and those who take large amounts of the drugs that rot the brain and internal organs. I would imagine the average heavy weed user lives longer than the average alcoholic; in fact the average heavy weed user might live as long as the average person who doesn't abuse any kind of substances. Weed's pretty harmless in and of itself and many of its proponents think it has beneficial uses.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I don't use it myself, but I believe that moderate use of marijuana is good for you. The hemp plant has many wonderful qualities.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Tis' worth "repeating" :biggrin:

[video=youtube;eshAB-a219Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eshAB-a219Y[/video]