Tom Landry

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Tom Landry, a football life on the NFL network, now!

I haven't watched too many of the NFL Networks "A Football Life", but I really enjoyed this one on the life, playing, and coaching career of Tom Landry. I also enjoyed the one on John Riggins.

Most of his teams were white friendly. Always a white QB, he had a few white RB's, white TE's, LB's, DB's, and a white WR or 2. Interestingly, the blacker his teams got in the 80's the worse they got, for example San Francisco's Montana to Dwight Clark burning Everson Walls in the 1981 NFC Championship game.

Landry, a Christian man, probably was not the greatest coach of all time, but maybe the most innovative. He invented the 4-3 defense, the "Flex" defense and the shotgun formation with multiple shifts.

Landry is the third winningest NFL coach of all time with 250 wins, behind Don Shula and George Halas. His 20 consecutive winning seasons, 1966-1985, may never be broken. He coached in 5 Super Bowls, winning 2.

Last edited:

PamelaOC

Banned
Tom Landry was a fair but strict disciplinarian who always made sure that none of his afroletes engaged in TNB. The contrast between him and odious Caste clown Jimmy Johnson is nothing short of stunning. Of course, to be entirely fair, Landry was helped by the attitudes of his time, when there were still a lot of blacks who recognized whites' better leadership qualities and were willing to accept a white man as "the boss." Very few blacks are capable of that nowadays. Obama's presidency has a lot to do with that - ever since he took office, blacks have become more arrogant and aggressive, and race relations have deteriorated. The days of relatively peaceful coexistence are long gone.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I haven't watched too many of the NFL Networks "A Football Life", but I really enjoyed this one on the life, playing, and coaching career of Tom Landry. I also enjoyed the one on John Riggins.

Most of his teams were white friendly. Always a white QB, he had a few white RB's, white TE's, LB's, DB's, and a white WR or 2. Interestingly, the blacker his teams got in the 80's the worse they got, for example San Francisco's Montana to Dwight Clark burning Everson Walls in the 1981 NFC Championship game.

Landry, a Christian man, probably was not the greatest coach of all time, but maybe the most innovative. He invented the 4-3 defense, the "Flex" defense and the shotgun formation with multiple shifts.

Landry is the third winningest NFL coach of all time with 250 wins, behind Don Shula and George Halas. His 20 consecutive winning seasons, 1966-1985, may never be broken. He coached in 5 Super Bowls, winning 2.
Landry's teams also innovated off season conditioning. The Cowboys also had more advanced scouting than other teams and found nuggets from small schools that other teams never sent their scouts to. Watch his Doomsday I defense it was predominately White, even his Doomsday II defense was about half White.

Aside from Hollywood Henderson who was more of the class clown than violent felon and Bob Hayes who had substance abuse issues that led to his ill fated drug dealing in the Miami area I don't recall any Blacks getting out of line. Guys like Don Perkins, Rayfield Wright and Calvin Hill were all team leaders who probably wouldn't let situations like the 90's teams "White House" happen.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'll watch it for sure as I'm sure it will be repeated often. The two-part Football Life on Vince Lombardi, which is excellent for the most part, has been repeated numerous times.

Like Lombardi, Landry was old school in every way and would be mortified by what the NFL and society has become if transported to 2014 (Lombardi in particular since he passed back in 1970). But like all "conservatives," they would quickly adjust to the new rules no matter how warped the reasoning behind them. After all, part of current conservative orthodoxy is that Martin Luther King would be a conservative today, opposing affirmative action and the rest of the anti-White cultural communist agenda he championed in the 1960s.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is all too true, Don. Revisionist history happening right before our eyes, thanks in part to senseless and often evil party loyalty.

foreverfree

Mentor
I'll watch it for sure as I'm sure it will be repeated often.

I believe it already has in the past. Guess NFLN is running out of ideas for Top 10 shows...

The two-part Football Life on Vince Lombardi, which is excellent for the most part, has been repeated numerous times.

Now *that* I have not seen. I taped it a few weeks ago and am still trying to find time to watch it.

John