Tiki Gets a Job

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Days after retiring from the NFL, Tiki Barber was hired to workon the "Today" show and do football analysis for NBC. Fox and ABC/ESPN also wanted to hire Barber. Not a bad gig for someone with no previous broadcasting experience other than working with Fox part-time while he was still playing.

Just another example of The Man holding down blacks who are trying to get ahead in America.

Barber by all accounts is a law-abiding, articulate, likeable person. The reality is that ifa blackhasanything at all on the ball, corporations, hospitals, universities, government, etc., will bend over backwards to hire him or her. The institutional power in this country likes nothing better than to showcase capable blacksas "proof"that everyone is "equal" and that America is just one big, harmonious melting pot of the world's races and religions.

p1_tiki_tv.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/13/bc. fbn.barber.nbc.ap/index.htmlEdited by: Don Wassall

Don Wassall said:
Barber by all accounts is a law-abiding, articulate, likeable person.  The reality is that if a black has anything at all on the ball, corporations, hospitals, universities, government, etc., will bend over backwards to hire him or her.  The institutional power in this country likes nothing better than to showcase capable blacks as "proof" that everyone is "equal" and that America is just one big, harmonious melting pot of the world's races and religions.

Most blacks aren't too happy with "Uncle Tiki", as I've heard many of them refer to him by that name. However, he's one of the few that actually deserves his job in the media. I mean, he was smart enough to retire from football early, in order to maintain all of his mental faculties. Most players don't know when to call it quits, and they end up brain damaged, due to years of physical abuse and head trauma. Tiki saw this coming a mile away, and made a conscious choice to do whats best for him. Personally, I wouldn't mind turning on the t.v. and seeing him on a sports/news program. He speaks articulately and never uses expessions like "boo-ya" or "representin'. In other words, he's the atypical negro in every way possible.

However, when I see people like Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe on t.v., I can't seem to change the channel fast enough.
smiley36.gif

eaxs

Wow - look at his smile lighting up that studio! Someone
needs to write a homoerotic article about his facial structure will look like
in a thousand years, now!

smiley2.gif

Charlie

Guru
I think he's married to an Asian. May partly explain the Uncle Tiki comments.

jcolec02

Mentor
I actually like Tiki somewhat...and he has always had good things to say about his white teammates...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
I actually like Tiki somewhat...and he has always had good things to say about his white teammates...

Makes him more dangerous in my experience.

EX: I always liked OJ .......

pt.guard2

Guru
Not sure I understand that comparison at all. Tiki is dangerous because he is popular with the public and his teammmates like OJ was?

guest301

Hall of Famer
I like Tiki as well. Suprised he didn't stay on with Fox.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"Saint" Tiki is again causing controversy, this time acting like a baby by ripping on Tom Coughlin at the press conference to announce his hiring by NBC. Come on,he's got the world athis feet, his football career universally praised and every network trying to hirehim becausehe's an articulate black with a good-guy image, and he still he plays a version of the victim card.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2776993

Iron

Guru
pt.guard2 said:
Not sure I understand that comparison at all. Tiki is dangerous because he is popular with the public and his teammmates like OJ was?

I actually consider guys like Tiki and OJ more a threat than the standard wannabe thug Hip Hop characatures as their used by the media to perpetuate the prevailing myth of equality.If our society was healthy,then any man who conducts himself in a civil way has to be commended but we don't,and men like Tiki and OJ almost never date and marry within their own race and the media's incessant promotion and use of them along with other smiley affable Blacksis a detriment,and a dangerous one at that for anyone who believes seriously that the average Black espouses Cosby family middleclass morals.