This guy is a warrior!

Dissident

Men like him are an inspiration. I really admire the tenacity and the courage and the pure will power to achieve such a daunting task as this. What a man!

Has anyone noticed that those of European descent are undoubtedly the worlds greatest explorers?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
FYI, here's another White ironman.

World Record: 365 Marathons, 365 Days

Updated: Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 4:09 PM EST

NEWSCORE - BARCELONA -- A Belgian runner claimed a new world record on Saturday by completing 365 marathons in as many days.

Stefaan Engels, 49, crossed the finish line on the final stretch in the Spanish city of Barcelona after running in several countries in Europe as well as the United States, Canada and Mexico over the past year.

Some of the runs were in major marathon competitions.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the previous record for most marathons run on consecutive days was 52 and was achieved by Akinori Kusuda from Japan in 2009.

Engels already holds the record for the most Ironman Triathlons in a year after completing 20 in 2007 and 2008.

"I don't regard my marathon year as torture. It is more like a regular job," Engels, who began running marathons 20 years ago, said on his website.

"I am running just as Joe Average goes to work on Monday morning, whether or not he feels like it.

"I don't always feel like running, but when I am done, I take a shower, have some physiotherapy for an hour and that wraps up my day."

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/world--record-365-marathons-365-days-dpgonc-20110205-jd_11748778

stefaan-engels.jpg

Edited by: DixieDestroyer