The Ultimate DWF?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well they finally released a movie about the DWF, its called Big Fan starring Patton Oswalt (from King of Queens). I highly recommend the movie to anybody wants to have a Deja Vu moment about guys that post on message boards or you have met at sports bars, parties etc.

chris371

Mentor
Saw the trailer, it actually looks pretty good. The fat white fan gets beaten up by his afflete thug idol, and from what i could see by the trailer he refuses to press charges. Seems to me to be a relatively good film in its own right.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hereis the theatrical trailer for this movie, which I think is out to video already.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Sounds like so many sheeplized, jock sniffing, racially castrated DWFs across AmeriKa. Here's the plot summary from Wikipedia...

Plot summary

Paul Aufiero (Patton Oswalt) is a parking garage attendant who dwells with his mother (Marcia Jean Kurtz) in Staten Island, New York. Paul relentlessly follows the New York Giants football team and his favorite pastimes include going to Giants Stadium with his friend Sal (Kevin Corrigan) and watching the games on television in the stadium parking lot as well as calling the Sports Dogg's (Scott Ferrall) radio talk show as "Paul from Staten Island", where he rants in support of his beloved team, often against his mysterious on-air rival, Philadelphia Eagles fanatic "Philadelphia Phil" (Michael Rapaport). His family berates him for doing nothing with himself, but Paul disregards the scorn and happily makes football the focus of his life and crux of his identity.

One day, Paul and Sal happen upon Giants star player Quantrell Bishop (Jonathan Hamm) and his entourage in Staten Island. They follow him into a strip club in Manhattan. Paul introduces himself to Quantrell, and all goes well until he discovers that Paul and Sal followed him all the way from Staten Island. Enraged, Bishop brutally beats Paul, who is hospitalized for his injuries.

After the incident, Bishop is suspended from playing indefinitely. Paul is pressed by his personal injury attorney brother Jeff (Gino Cafarelli), who files a multimillion dollar lawsuit on behalf of him, and NYPD Detective Velarde (Matt Servitto) into pressing charges against Bishop, but he refuses, due to the fact that it would adversely affect the Giants' performance on the field if he did so. The charges against Bishop are eventually dropped, and he is able to play again.

When Philadelphia Phil reveals on the Sports Dogg's show that the victim of the Quantrell Bishop beating is in fact "Paul from Staten Island", Paul heads for Philadelphia to confront Phil. Disguised as an Eagles fanatic, Paul meets Phil in a local bar and gains his trust as they watch the Giants and Eagles play in the pivotal final game of the season. As the Eagles dominate the Giants, the crowd in the bar begins to deride the Giants in increasingly enthusiastic fashion, to Paul's considerable consternation. As time runs out and the Eagles fanatics celebrate their victory, Paul follows Phil into the bath-room and pulls a gun on him, shooting Phil multiple times. It is revealed that Paul is actually wielding a paintball gun and Phil is covered in red and blue paint, the colors of the New York Giants.

Paul is arrested and imprisoned for the assault. Sal visits Paul in jail and reveals to him the Giants' schedule for the following season, and pointing out the week he gets released, much to the delight of Paul.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wow, that is DWFdom to the core, and we've seen incidents not too different from that happen, with the white team fan going out of his way to excuse any behavior of the black player.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yikes! I'll bet that a large percentage of the typical beer-swilling DWF would react similarly. Look at the folks in Tennessee that were robbed at gunpoint by the Vol's affletes. They felt bad that THEY were the reason that the thugs were dropped from the team!!

Bear Backer

Mentor
FootballDad said:
Yikes!  I'll bet that a large percentage of the typical beer-swilling DWF would react similarly.  Look at the folks in Tennessee that were robbed at gunpoint by the Vol's affletes.  They felt bad that THEY were the reason that the thugs were dropped from the team!!

Are you serious? That is simply mind boggling.
smiley7.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like tens of millions of White men will watch it andthinkit's a documentary.

white is right

Hall of Famer
You might as well have called the receiver Plexico.
smiley2.gif
Buffalo 66 is another film like this and of course Celtic Pride and The Fan. Also this was written by the same guy who wrote The Wrestler. Edited by: white is right

Westside

Hall of Famer
What about the movie when SoberWF Robert DeNerio turned on Giants affelet played by Wesly Snipes and made his life hell. I think the name that movie was called "he Fan"

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah, SoberWF I thought about you when I posted that. Another thing, this actor Patton Oswalt has cornered the market on playing white, weak dufus, impotent and subserviant loser to blacks characters. F him.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen this movie but based on the trailer FBDad linked, this seems like a movie that could help our cause.

Patton Oswalt is playing a spineless, emasculated girly-man but that's the point. It seems the director is portraying a deeply disturbed and unhappy man similar to the title character in The Wrestler. The negro athlete is portrayed accurately as alot of NFL players truly are, thugs. Unlike Celtic Pride which was a comedy and the DWFs were portrayed as "lovable losers", this movie gives the vibe of an individual dealing with an addiction.

I doubt many DWFs will see this since it is not a mainstream flick that appears in all theaters. Also, DWFs prefer stuff like Transformers and Will Smith movies that are light on plots and heavy on special effects and explosions. However, if a few do happen to see it, maybe their eyes will be opened to how truly pathetic their little lives are.

foreverfree

Mentor
"Philadelphia Phil"? No originality there, at least if you remember the Philadelphia Phillies' pre-Phanatic Revolutionary soldier twin mascots, Philadelphia Phil and Phillis.

John

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The parents and the boy all need a belt to their bottoms.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Dadgum...there are some weird people out there. What the dickens is wrong with those mugs?! Encouraging a young'ern to worship these thugs. :angry:

Zeus

Guru
Seriously I have always wanted to ask the Americans this and I hope I don't sound fully ignorant (LOL) but what DWF stands for? I get an idea of what this DWF stands for and what type of "human" describes but what exactly it means?

Woody

Guru
Drunk White Fan. I believe it is only used on Caste Football, so I doubt any random American would use it.

Zeus

Guru
Drunk White Fan. I believe it is only used on Caste Football, so I doubt any random American would use it.

Ah ok, thank you very much file mou:)

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Zeus,

DWFs are usually racially asleep, beer swilling, junk food ingesting, overweight jockstrap sniffers who worship "their" afroletes whilst being totally duped by the lies of the caste system (i.e. - black athletic "superiority", etc.). Many DWFs are Neocon "flag wavers" and rabid "Israel first" zio-"Christians". :usa2::hail::israel: