The Redskins Don't Draft White Players

bigunreal

Mentor
I went through the history of first round draft picks for the Redskins last night, and it was even worse than I thought. After drafting kicker Charlie Gogolak (!) in the first round in 1966, the team wouldn't draft another white player in the first round until 1994, when they selected the much maligned Heath Shuler. They also drafted Patrick Ramsey at the end of the first round in 2002. So, we have a grand total of THREE white first rounders in FORTY FOUR years.

It's not quite as unbelievable as it sounds, since George Allen and later Bobby Beathard traded away several first rounders, but it is still a very telling (and sad) statistic.

Combined with the fact they have only given ONE white WR (Ricky Thompson) decent playing time since the 1960s, and you have hands down the least white friendly team in the NFL, historically speaking.

This is especially ironic since the Redskins were the last team in the league to allow black players. Edited by: bigunreal

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
They are consistently one of the blackest teams in the league. They went from one black quarterback (Jason Campbell) to another (Donovan McNabb). They refuse to draft any white skill players and about the only good thing they have done is draft Chris Cooley who has turned out to be a stud tight end. Tribesman Dan Snyder must hate white players.

foreverfree

Mentor
I was going to use this post to start another thread but I believe it fits here.

I'll quote a post from http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1264641367/50#50 (a forum where I sometimes contribute as "ixnay"). This quote, though, is from a poster thereon named "Dnbronc". The quote follows. Note whose name I boldened towards the end of the quote.

[A] play that may have altered history was a terrible WR screen call by the Redskins with around 2:40 to go in the fourth quarter of the 1979 Week 16 game between the two teams. The Redskins were up 34-28, and had the ball around the Dallas 40. On first down, they throw a screen pass to Danny Buggs that goes incomplete, stopping the clock. Two runs on the next two plays don't get it done, and they have to punt the ball back to Dallas around the 2:00 mark. Staubach takes them down for a TD to take the lead. The Redskins are able to march to around the 39 yard line of the Cowboys before time ran out on them.

If the Skins run the ball on first down instead, and Riggins gets a good gain or a first down, they could have, at the very least, ran more time off the clock and backed Dallas up deep in their own territory with very little time remaining after a punt. Since Dallas needed a TD, they probably wouldn't have won, and the Skins would have been the 1979 NFC East Champs. If that would have happened, they get the home field, and probably would have gone on to the Super Bowl, even though Pittsburgh would have won. However, a SB trip might have made it easier to sign John Riggins, and he doesn't skip the 1980 season. With Riggins, their chances of making the playoffs in 1980 are a lot better(especially if they would have added a WR in the draft like Art Monk or Kevin House). If they make the playoffs that year, Pardee probably doesn't get fired, and Joe Gibbs doesn't take over the Redskins in 1981.

I assume the QB that night was Theismann btw. If he gave to Riggins instead of passing to Buggs, we might have been spared Caste Joe.
smiley5.gif

John

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'd expect as much from an "afflete" loving tribesman owner like Synder (akin to fellow tribesman Al Davis(tein)).

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
foreverfree said:
I assume the QB that night was Theismann btw. If he gave to Riggins instead of passing to Buggs, we might have been spared Caste Joe.
smiley5.gif

John
I note that Caste Joe Gibbs race teams have not exactly been overflowing with affletic talent. Why is that? Hey Joe, if your football team had to be all black to be "competitive", then why aren't your race teams? Aren't blacks superior athletes in every way? Oh, I guess when it's YOUR money on the line things are different, huh?

Realgeorge

Mentor
Daniel Snyder is one of the premier White-man-hating Jewish execs in the United States. It is and has been his personal mission to de-Arianize the Redskins football franchise. The Blackskins with its Chutzpah owner are the main reason I gave up all interest in the NFL ten years ago. I personally wish the Redskins perpetual failure and loss of capital

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I went through the history of first round draft picks for the Redskins last night, and it was even worse than I thought. After drafting kicker Charlie Gogolak (!) in the first round in 1966, the team wouldn't draft another white player in the first round until 1994, when they selected the much maligned Heath Shuler. They also drafted Patrick Ramsey at the end of the first round in 2002. So, we have a grand total of THREE white first rounders in FORTY FOUR years.

It's not quite as unbelievable as it sounds, since George Allen and later Bobby Beathard traded away several first rounders, but it is still a very telling (and sad) statistic.

Combined with the fact they have only given ONE white WR (Ricky Thompson) decent playing time since the 1960s, and you have hands down the least white friendly team in the NFL, historically speaking.

This is especially ironic since the Redskins were the last team in the league to allow black players. Edited by: bigunreal

It's statistics such as this that prove that white players are being discriminated against in the NFL.

If the delusional white fans keep seeing statistics such as this it may get them to start thinking.