The Pussyfication of the NFL

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Team owners passed a player safety rule Wednesday barring ball carriers from using the crown of their helmets to make forcible contact with a defender in the open field.

What next? Nerf helmets and sponge shoulder pads? This is an absurd attempt by the NFL to try and appease the safety nazi's that are out to de-ball the game by limiting risk in every fashion imaginable.

I would say this is another anti-White player rule but the NFL has so effectively racially cleansed the league of White running backs that the only guy possibly effected is Peyton Hillis who is a couple of years removed from mowing down opposing teams defenders. Now the rule is only going to effect the Marshall Lynch type of back who tries to pound out a few extra yards. Since most RB just try to sail out of bounds as soon as they can it really won't effect them.

I can't see how this is going to be correctly refereed as many players lower the helmet to try and go under defenders to both avoid contact and gain extra yards. My guess is the first player to be penalized with this one is John Kuhn.

The NFL has a history of about a hundred years of guys lowering their heads to pound out extra yards. But forget about all that. We need to worry about the lawyers, lawsuits, and assorted pussies who merely wish to push their agenda on amerika's secular religion. Anyway the game has to be made safe for womyn and gays to play it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching the NFL Network on Monday, after this rule was first publically floated, and almost all current and former running backs were opposed to it. Marshall Faulk of the NFL Network was particularly strong in his opposition. But the female host Lindsay Rhodes -- it's almost unnecessary to say "female host" anymore as in the past year females have ascended to that role almost universally in the corporate sports world -- was strongly in favor of it. Darren Sharper and Heath Evans were on set with her and were opposed to the proposed rule, but Lindsay just about burst a blood vessel talking over Sharper. Evans, in true White male mangina style, changed his mind and decided he was in favor of the rule.

About the same time on ESPN, the liberal Andrea Kremer was interviewed by the emasculated male host, and she also was strongly in favor of the proposed change. I knew then that the unchecked female proclivity for security over freedom in Feminist/Homo Amerika was going to carry the day, and two days later the rule passed by a 31-1 vote.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
I am flomuxed at this point. Letting females dicdate the rules of the NFL at this point? I am done for the next 2 years regarding the rules. If not, F all this nonsensicleness of the NFL along with their "pink" paraphaila with their pink breast and sh*t. F,enough is enough. I will watch the DWF hordes from a far.

The Hock

Master
Well said Jaxvid and Don Wassall. Hey Westside, you seem like a great guy, but your Saturday night posts often seem a bit disjointed. Just be careful to not spill any beer on your I-Pad. No, seriyously man, I jut kiddding.

I wonder if they'll have Safety Commissars at all the camps this summer to oversee practices and teach this new safer way to play football. No doubt that players in the heat of battle during games will revert to instinct and knock over some would-be tacklers in the now incorrect and illegal fashion. And maybe even hurt them in the process. Oh the horror.

I get the NFL channel and every time they mention the new rule they show a clip of some runner lowering his head and de-helmeting a tackler. The clip is supposed to show the reason for the rule, but I think it looks really cool and shows the essence of physical football. But I guess we won't be seeing much of that any more, at least not without a flag.

By the way I'd like to shake the hand of the one owner who voted against the new rule.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
how is this even going to work? its instinctive when you run, you don't necessarily want to put your head into someone when running but you lower your pads and the last time I checked, the head is attached above the shoulders and gets in the way sometimes. I saw the clip of them "showing" instances of this but the only one that stood out was Trent Richardson putting his helmet into a Eagles safety. The other clips looked like the shoulder pads hit more of the defender.

I don't know, from watching Hillis highlights most of his big hits were with the shoulder pads, White runners tend to run a little more upright and bend down right before contact, Gerhart is a good example of this. They are smarter when running, usually getting a good angle with their shoulder pad to deliver a blow, now there are a few times where part of the helmet like the face mask or the side of the helmet gets in the way but does that get called? From briefly watching highlights of the few White backs in the NFL the past decade I didn't see but like a few where the crown of the helmet went straight into someone. (Hillis, Gerhart, Alstott), now there were some questionable ones where the helmet did hit but they are saying the crown. With Hillis not many because I think of his height, those big hits were mostly with his shoulder pads. The main one that stuck out was Alstott lowering his shoulders to make hit one guy then dragging someone and a db coming up and his helmet happened to go into his chest and he kept running. What is supposed to happen now? the runner is supposed to stop running now if that happens? The game happens so fast you can't just change the way a guy runs. I mean in a situation like that you don't want to be pushing forward with your head and neck taking some of the impact but what are you going to do?

I mean guys that are opposed to this aren't/weren't even considered powerbacks like Marshal Faulk. I don't consider Matt Forte a "powerback" either and he is opposed to it.

its instinctive to lower shoulder pads and sometimes the defender may move and it happens. Stupid ****ing rule.

Last edited:

Old Scratch

Mentor
But the female host Lindsay Rhodes -- it's almost unnecessary to say "female host" anymore as in the past year females have ascended to that role almost universally in the corporate sports world -- was strongly in favor of it.

How do people not notice this, and ask themselves "WHY"?

Yet another highly subjective rule that will be selectively enforced, allowing the league more power to dictate outcomes.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Yet another highly subjective rule that will be selectively enforced, allowing the league more power to dictate outcomes.

Right on the money! We will see this stupid rule being used to bail out favored teams, and players. For example (Jim Leonhard gets run over by Adrian Petterson will not be a penalty. Ed Reed gets run over by Toby Gerhart will be a penalty.) Anyone who thinks the NFL holds even a scrap of credibility is living in another universe. This league is corrupt to the core from the top down.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Right on the money! We will see this stupid rule being used to bail out favored teams, and players. For example (Jim Leonhard gets run over by Adrian Petterson will not be a penalty. Ed Reed gets run over by Toby Gerhart will be a penalty.) Anyone who thinks the NFL holds even a scrap of credibility is living in another universe. This league is corrupt to the core from the top down.

Egg-zak'd-lee! I'd say it's more "fa99otization" of the ultra-caste NFL.

white is right

Hall of Famer
how is this even going to work? its instinctive when you run, you don't necessarily want to put your head into someone when running but you lower your pads and the last time I checked, the head is attached above the shoulders and gets in the way sometimes. I saw the clip of them "showing" instances of this but the only one that stood out was Trent Richardson putting his helmet into a Eagles safety. The other clips looked like the shoulder pads hit more of the defender.

I don't know, from watching Hillis highlights most of his big hits were with the shoulder pads, White runners tend to run a little more upright and bend down right before contact, Gerhart is a good example of this. They are smarter when running, usually getting a good angle with their shoulder pad to deliver a blow, now there are a few times where part of the helmet like the face mask or the side of the helmet gets in the way but does that get called? From briefly watching highlights of the few White backs in the NFL the past decade I didn't see but like a few where the crown of the helmet went straight into someone. (Hillis, Gerhart, Alstott), now there were some questionable ones where the helmet did hit but they are saying the crown. With Hillis not many because I think of his height, those big hits were mostly with his shoulder pads. The main one that stuck out was Alstott lowering his shoulders to make hit one guy then dragging someone and a db coming up and his helmet happened to go into his chest and he kept running. What is supposed to happen now? the runner is supposed to stop running now if that happens? The game happens so fast you can't just change the way a guy runs. I mean in a situation like that you don't want to be pushing forward with your head and neck taking some of the impact but what are you going to do?

I mean guys that are opposed to this aren't/weren't even considered powerbacks like Marshal Faulk. I don't consider Matt Forte a "powerback" either and he is opposed to it.

its instinctive to lower shoulder pads and sometimes the defender may move and it happens. Stupid ****ing rule.
Watch Earl Campell or Larry Csonka on Youtube and this move was one of their best moves if a safety tried to stop a 15+ yard run. Now I have been nailed by the helmet while playing football and received a concussion from this maneuver but it's not like I would ever think that this move should be banned from the game. This move is another nail in the coffin for the old fashion between the tackles power back.....

dwid

Hall of Famer
Watch Earl Campell or Larry Csonka on Youtube and this move was one of their best moves if a safety tried to stop a 15+ yard run. Now I have been nailed by the helmet while playing football and received a concussion from this maneuver but it's not like I would ever think that this move should be banned from the game. This move is another nail in the coffin for the old fashion between the tackles power back.....
I don't see much of the actual crown of the helmet running getting into a defender at the second level, although my favorite Earl Campbell run is a prime example of this, now other parts of the helmet, that's a different story and I believe that is whats going to be the worst about this rule, the power given to the officials. I do agree it changes things, its instinctive to lower your shoulder pads into someone, the head is big and gets in the way. You want to lower your your upper body as a runner but I don't think you want all of that pressure going onto your neck which is what would happen if it were the way they talked about it, head straight looking at the ground and the crown going into someone, its just not practical, but sometimes its the way things go down. I mean will they count it if a a db tries to arm tackle someone and his arm comes across the crown of the helmet? A lot of these I am seeing the front of the helmet hit or the side along with a shoulder pad, how will the officials handle that? What about if the player is dragging another player and going down and trying to get yards and another defender comes up and as he is going down trying to gain more yards the crown of the helmet goes into him?

I mean if you read the way they described the rule change and that players are still allowed to lower their shoulder pads and that they understand the helmets get in the way, then I say I see very few instances of the actual crown of the helmet going into someone even with Csonka and Campbell. However, this is going to be a split second decision by referees who do poorly and discriminate against Whites in the first place, and I just read that they watched two weeks of game film and found 11 instances of this happening. That seems fairly high. So I don't think they are going to be as lax with interpretation of the rule as I am when looking at these hits when part of the helmet gets a defender. I mean some of them you think its the crown, then you do slow motion replay and turns out it wasn't. I don't think they are going to be doing slow motion replays to double check these things.

If this rule is constantly used and changes the game where there is no more power running I don't know if I can continue to watch the NFL. I doubt its going to be called that much though, the problem is I just don't see it being called fairly, there are too many slower plodding black runningbacks that rely on power like a Lawfirm, Stevan Ridley or a Trent Richardson, then you have faster physical runners like Lynch and Peterson. It shouldn't affect Hillis and Gerhart because they run more upright and use more of their shoulder pads and I saw little of the helmet getting in the way, I think I saw a few instances of the facemask of Hillis hitting someone, and once the side of his helmet, but guys like these won't get the fair calls and those are our two hopes for the most touches as far as now goes, with the exception of Woodhead. Hopefully Burkhead can get a chance but even he would be negatively affected by the rule.

Last edited: