the passing of White athletes ...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i wanted to start a thread to honor, and discuss, those White athletes who have moved on to the next adventure. and i thought it would be fitting, in the era of the Caste System, that the thread would begin with a young White woman who had so lost her identity that she did themost irreversible of acts...

former Olympic judo silver-medalist Claudia Heill of Austria commits suicide at age 29.

By Associated Press, Thursday, March31,9:39 AM
<DIV id=article =relative sizset="10" sizcache="11">
<DIV id=article_ sizset="10" sizcache="11">

VIENNA â€" The Austrian judo federation says Olympic judo silver medalist Claudia Heill of Austria has committed suicide by jumping out of a sixth-story window in Vienna. She was 29.

The federation said in a statement that "nobody could foresee this act of desperation."Â￾ It did not provide more details.
may she find peace in the next life, since she obviously found none in this one.
<DIV sizset="10" sizcache="11">
<DIV sizset="10" sizcache="11">
B_Claudia%20Heill.jpg

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Gil Clancy - longtime boxing trainer and announcer died today as well. He was 88. RIP.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Gil Clancy was one of the best trainers and broadcaster ever. RIP Gil

The Hock

Master
Gil seemed like just a regular guy who found his calling and made good in boxing. Very level headed and honest and knew the game inside and out. I always enjoyed his broadcasting work.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Sir Henry Cooper, a former British, Commonwealth, and European heavyweight champion, died at age 76. Cooper was most well-known for knocking down Cassius Clayin a fight thatended ina controversial win for Ali. the owner of a powerful left hook,the beloved-in-Britain Cooper was knighted in 2000.

boxing_alicooper_315x400.jpg

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Greta Weitz - the great marathon runner from the 1980s - died a few weeks ago of cancer. RIP.